Terminator 5 Wants Paul Walker as Kyle Reese.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vortex

Super Freak
Reaction score
"Last month we reported that Arnold Schwarzenegger is putting his acting career on hold to resolve matters in his personal life. One of the projects believed to be delayed by the actor's hiatus is Terminator 5, although that may not be the case.

It seems Terminator 5 will be anchored by a younger male lead, with Paul Walker rumored as a potential candidate to play Kyle Reese. Terminator 5 director Justin Lin recently worked with Paul Walker on the blockbuster sequel Fast Five.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is still said to have a pivotal role in Terminator 5. It seems that producers are still planning to move forward on the project despite the actor's hiatus. There is talk the producers may lessen Arnold Schwarzenegger's screen time in Terminator 5, which may entice him to come back onto the project, since it will be less of a time commitment.

There was also a rumor in May that Terminator 5 will reunite the original cast of The Terminator. Though now it seems that original characters from The Terminator may return, but not necessarily the original actors who played them. The potential plan for Terminator 5 is likened to J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, with a new crop of actors portraying these original characters.

It isn't known when production will start on Terminator 5 at this time.

Terminator 5 is in development and stars Arnold Schwarzenegger. The film is directed by Justin Lin."

https://www.hollywoodplanet.info/2011/06/07/terminator-5-wants-paul-walker-as-kyle-reese/

Noooooo!!! I don't want Paul Walker driving by the set of a Terminator movie, let alone starring in one!! Why is Hollywood so determined to kill the Terminator franchise?!

epic fail. paul walker sucks.

these Terminator movies are getting worse and worse. reminds me of the SW prequels.

Oh god...

2qixym0.gif

I think Walker as an actor becomes more interesting the older he gets. He's still very limited, but I don't take offense to this news.

^ Running Scared was great, and so was Walker....

But this movie will suck. I cant see any way it could be good.

I think Walker as an actor becomes more interesting the older he gets. He's still very limited, but I don't take offense to this news.

I agree. He has been getting better. However, after T2 each movie has gone further down hill.

Just because someone kinda looks like somebody else does not mean that they'll be good in the role. Screw the likeness and get someone that can act.

I can see it now :lol "after losing Schwarzenegger director seeks actor Vin Diesel to play the part of the T-800 and Michelle Rodriguez as the part of Sarah Connor" :D

I have no problem with Paul Walker. And in all honesty, the Terminator franchise isn't known for it's amazing choices in actors. Even the only one that I consider to be a good actor managed to screw up. Yes you, Christian Bale.

As long as this new film will get a good story, like T1 and T2 I'll be happy. And who knows, maybe Paul Walker will do an excellent job.

Why is Hollywood so determined to kill the Terminator franchise?!

Franchise has been dead since Terminator 2. They just keep plugging away at this well even if the last films wasn't really all that successful domestically but whatever, at least we'll get new HT Endos. :dunno

Walkers cool but i dont like the idea of them pissing in the soup over an over again. Salvation was an epic movie but McG would of messed it up in sequels if they made them. Terminator 3 was a bad memory sourrounded by alot of hype.

Ill hold judgement but the terminator franchise is so close to my heart, this just seems like a combo of fast and the furious with a CGI arnold driving the car.

Has Walker grown as an actor? Yes
Has Walker been in some semi decent movies? Yes

When you think of Kyle Reese, do you think of Paul Walker? ____ no.

Last edited:
Has Walker grown as an actor? Yes
Has Walker been in some semi decent movies? Yes

When you think of John Connor, do you think of Paul Walker? ____ no.

Good thing they are thinking of casting him as Kyle Reese then. That was close! :hi5:

Back