Tennis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not any more…

Murray and Nadal are very likely to retire at the end of this year. Too much wear and tear. The young lions are licking their lips, waiting. This is the way of things…

I'm a bit surprised but at the same time not all that surprised that they're still going - I think I recall Nadal saying in an interview he's still hungry and that he aims to play for a few years more. But such is the game..

Trying to stay awake while watching matches during the night

Baby Reaction GIF

Tired Good Night GIF

Women's finals on Saturday! Sabalenka faces Wimbledon champ Rybakina!

Men's semi's tonight and Fri! Khachanov faces Tsitsi and Djoko faces first-time slam semi-finalist Paul!

Well done Aryna Sabalenka for taking the women's title! And also for Rybakina for reaching another slam final, they both played some good tennis!

K1dqngQ.jpg

IRVayLl.jpg

And Djokovic claims the AO 2023!!! His twenty-second major title plus his tenth AO title!!! Well done for Tsitsi making the final too.

Gj7AZUS.jpg

The French Open starts on Monday!!! 🇫🇷

Nadal withdraws from the tournament citing injury, also that 2024 may be his last year playing professionally. :eek:

The French Open starts on Monday!!! 🇫🇷

Nadal withdraws from the tournament citing injury, also that 2024 may be his last year playing professionally. :eek:
Yeah seems like Nadal has reached the end, a bit like Roger during the end of his career, he started pulling out of slams and you knew his time was up but he was still desperately trying to not let go of it. Its pretty remarkable that Nadal's body has held up so well till now, considering the incredible physical excretion his game requires.

Yeah, seems like he's done. Pretty much always carrying an injury now.

Yeah seems like Nadal has reached the end, a bit like Roger during the end of his career, he started pulling out of slams and you knew his time was up but he was still desperately trying to not let go of it. It’s pretty remarkable that Nadal's body has held up so well till now, considering the incredible physical excretion his game requires.

It is indeed remarkable, given his career is/was laden with injuries throughout. It is nothing short of incredible he was able to keep going for so long and be so successful at the same time. Nevertheless he’s had a ton of great matches and wins, and it’s always a bit bittersweet when a player retires from competing. I’ve read that players from the past eras would typically retire around 30, but it seems now they’re doing so much later, with Rodge retiring just last year.

Though watching the FO without Nadal feels like a massive kick to the GoNads. (Pun very much intended :lol )

Unsure who to cheer for other than the American ladies draw. John Isn('t)er and Jack Suck have always disappointed - if they're even in the tournament anymore.

Anyways, I'll enjoy watching regardless.

If I could choose to be an athlete in any era, it would probably be pro Tennis star in the 70's. Imagine the ladies, worldwide...

Unsure who to cheer for other than the American ladies draw. John Isn('t)er and Jack Suck have always disappointed - if they're even in the tournament anymore.

We need another Roddick ;)

Anyways, I'll enjoy watching regardless.

(y)

If I could choose to be an athlete in any era, it would probably be pro Tennis star in the 70's. Imagine the ladies, worldwide...

Bjorn Borg instantly came to my mind lol Nastase too :lol

Roddick had a brilliant Wimbledon final against Federer one year that tends not to be mentioned much due to the Nadal final(s). I was up for Roddick in that one. That was before I just said screw it, I'll throw in with Federer, lets see how much he can win out of sheer curiosity.

Back