Temple Of Doom Fans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With TOD's 35th anniversary next month it'd be awesome to get an anniversary screening or some new merchandise to mark the occasion.

With TOD's 35th anniversary next month it'd be awesome to get an anniversary screening or some new merchandise to mark the occasion.

I didn't realize the anniversary was coming up. I watched it again for the first time in years just the other day, and it was actually better than I remembered. I may have enjoyed it more than Raiders in some ways (I love Raiders) -- think it was the pace.

I didn't realize the anniversary was coming up. I watched it again for the first time in years just the other day, and it was actually better than I remembered. I may have enjoyed it more than Raiders in some ways (I love Raiders) -- think it was the pace.

It's a rocket of a movie for sure with it's pacing, especially when it gets to the third act. Pure pandemonium. It's why I prefer to watch it after Raiders despite being chronologically set before the former, as Raiders although by no means slow-moving is noticably more subdued pacing-wise, which can make it a bit hard to fully get into after the raw adrenaline rush of TOD.

I loved Temple as a kid and I still love it now. I remember my Dad bringing back a rental tape from the video shop and the whole family watched it one night. I went into it totally blind and never knew it was another Indiana Jones although I had seen Raiders.

The pacing of the movie is unreal and I can only think of one other movie that has that pace and is also superb: Total Recall. It's like a roller coaster all the way through even before you get to the mine cart section. I can never choose whether this or Raiders is my favourite Indy movie as I keep switching between the two. I felt Last Crusade tried to be too much like Raiders and suffered as a result although it is still a great movie on its own merits.

I think my favourite scene in Temple of Doom is where Indy and Short Round get stuck in the room with the spikes. The dialogue here is just brilliant between Indy and Willie.

I always liked the fact Temple tried something different and for me the trilogy would be a lot weaker without it.

The 35th anniversary will be this Thursday, I'll try to watch TOD for sure. Hard to believe it's be that old. Like any great film it stands the test of time and is one to re-visit time and time again over the years.

I remember my mom taking me and friend out of school early to see it on opening day.

Happy 35th! Let's show some love for TOD today! FB_IMG_1558618026695.jpgFB_IMG_1558618028868.jpgFB_IMG_1558618030703.jpgFB_IMG_1558618039006.jpgFB_IMG_1558618041355.jpgFB_IMG_1558618074410.jpgFB_IMG_1558618076965.jpgFB_IMG_1558618066103.jpgFB_IMG_1558618037219.jpgFB_IMG_1558618048039.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I remember my mom taking me and friend out of school early to see it on opening day.

What an awesome experience it must've been to see it back then in theaters. And that's long before the days of the internet, when you didn't have to worry about spoilers.

That poster is in front of me at my desk right now. Right new to the original Star Wars poster.

I rotate all my movie posters in the media room about every 3 months because I have too many to display at one time. I have my comic related posters in my collection room. I always loved the Struzan posters for both series of movies. I usally have at least one Indy and one Star Wars poster up at any given time.

The only other figure I would like from ToD would be a ShortRound.

I think a ToD Indy, Mola Ram and ShortRound would be a very nice display for the movie. So I'd love to make one at some point.

The only other figure I would like from ToD would be a ShortRound.

I think a ToD Indy, Mola Ram and ShortRound would be a very nice display for the movie. So I'd love to make one at some point.

I agree that those would be the only needs from temple of Doom. I wish I could get a better Belloq sculpt that looks like Paul Freeman, and a better paint job on Toht. I need a Sallah and Marion for Raiders.

Back