Media Tekken 7: Initial thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiva

Super Freak
Reaction score
Forgive me if i blinked and missed it, but i dont see a thread on this game?

I have been really hyped for years for this game. But i must say, it really, realllllly bugs the hell out of me. I have been around since Tekken 2 release, bought and got addicted to each installment since. So far i hate 7. Hate, HATE it. Slow-mo mid battle, " who hit who ?" mid battle, rewarding people for sucking with rage arts to get a cheap victory out of nowhere. Rage mode was stupid, now people get supers?

Arcade mode has 5 fights 2 of which are pre-set? The music is the most forgettable in the series, bland and lame. Lack of game modes ( despite the lay out of the title screen making it look like there is game modes, its just a bunch of options ). The machima story, hey surprise now you are playing as BLANK now complete this battle despite having never played as them, but as you are far in the campaign is hard as hell.

Where are half of the classic characters? Kunimitsu? Roger? Armor king?

They gutted half of the characters moves or their properties.

Every fight looks like its being played with geometry wars in the backgrounds with all the effects.

God i really hate this game so far. And i refuse to learn this game in order to play it online as its the new game. Oh wait, i spent 4 hours yesterday and 3 today trying to get a ranked match. 0 Matches happened.

I absolutely love the Tekken games, played them all since the first one and I haven't bought this one but it looks kinda looks off to me. The game is on Unreal Engine 4, but I never thought the graphics are anything special. To top that off, the game runs at 1536x864 on PS4. Weird.

That being said, I'll definitely get the game eventually, but until then I'm still playing Tekken 5 on PS2. :lol

I'll probably get it later in the month along with a spare PS4 controller since my Wife is a big fan of the series.

I absolutely love the Tekken games, played them all since the first one and I haven't bought this one but it looks kinda looks off to me.

Yeah, before it came out something looked a bit fishy. I couldnt quite put my finger on it. Maybe they started work on the Tekken version of Tekken Vs Street fighter, scrapped the idea and turned it into 7 and thats why its over flashy and detracting from the fights.

The thing i really like about the game is it has the sound track of all he prior games, so you can set the sound track of thoes game as the sound track of this. And it really needs it.

Edit : I will give it a few more hours, then im just going to sell it on ebay. Online just doesnt work, and its 90% of the reason i got it. Day 3 of not having 1 single online match. Ranked or player. Any connection, any location.

The funny thing is, down the line somebody is going to pick this up when everything is fixed, and the game is half price, and love it. And here we are on release, full price game and it doesnt work and i hate it for that. I hate modern gaming. Tekken 7 - Your connection to the opponent has been lost - Edition.

Last edited:
@Kiva; Are the graphics really that waxy? Do post some screenshots if you have the time!

Using a ps4, but its not exactly waxy. Its just, its too busy on screen. I wasnt keen on the i-frame effects in revolution and crazy swipes and sparks but this game hams it up x10. Its like there is a mini war going on around the characters.

Its very rare, alot of people rage quit. But im rage selling the game. I will pick it up down the line, but im selling it now while i can get most of my money back. Ill buy it when its half price later, and the servers are fixed. Id urge people to buy the game at some point, but i dont think its worthy of buying right now in its current state. very disappointing.

I was really excited about this, bought it on release day and I'm so disappointed.

Arcade mode and story mode are such a letdown. I don't even get why they bothered adding so many new characters when they only incorporated 1 in Story Mode. I always enjoyed Tekken's nonsensical endings in Arcade Mode and Tekken 7 didn't even bother with any of those. Instead we get lame Character chapters which is just 1 fight.

It's awesome. My only complaints are that the loading times on PS4 are horrendous, and the way you unlock new customization pieces is also horrendous.

played tekken 7 yesterday

the graphics were disappointing and the constant syncing online. just give us a rematch button

It's awesome. My only complaints are that the loading times on PS4 are horrendous, and the way you unlock new customization pieces is also horrendous.
Buy a PS4 Pro and put in a 2TB SATA 3 drive will fix the loading time. It barely takes longer than 2 sec to load for me.

played tekken 7 yesterday

the graphics were disappointing and the constant syncing online. just give us a rematch button

I follow this news thread about Tekken 7 and from time to time I see the hope that these problems would be solved. There are many talks about Tekken issues and I can't understand why developers don't respond.

Talks on steam, Talks on reddit and etc...

Back