TBLeague 1/6 Egyptian Gods line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Christmas Day, so got my present opened up. My initial impressions, soft-review, and some pics.

Okay, so this is my first TBLeague figure. I've got a couple Hot Toys and other 1/6 figures from various companies, but this is the first foray into their offerings. BBTS had this guy for under $125, and I even grabbed a "damaged" box for a few more dollars off (the box had the mildest of creases on the back, so I feel like I got a MAJOR deal on this guy). So... let's get to King Tut, shall we?

View attachment 614777

As someone used to the build, size, and weight of Hot Toys, I was surprised at just how much heft these figures and their metal skeletons have in comparison. TBLeague's famous seamless body is also very impressive. I've long heard their praises, and it's almost a shame that 99.9% of this figure's seamless body is covered up. Almost.

Because the amount of layers and the tailoring is exquisite. While I wish there were handling instructions (so I wouldn't have put a few armor pieces on prematurely, only to discover I had to remove them later for other bits), referencing the promo images was enough to get my bearings. There was some very minor creases and folds some light steam mostly handled, and admittedly some parts didn't quite fit as easily as I hoped (that left shoulder pauldron really doesn't want to stay affixed to the collar piece), but it's a small price to pay for such a handsomely displayed shelf piece. The amount of differing materials all come together so well - from the metal to the fur to the variety of textured fabrics. You can look at him for hours and find something new.

View attachment 614778

The joints are solid, even if the large staff is perhaps a bit too hefty for really dynamic poses, and the death mask head is flexible enough to offer a surprising range of motion. While he has a lot of "kingly" presence, you can get some really cool dynamic poses from him as well, if you so choose. It's nice that he comes with several staffs and accessories, you're given the choice of swapping and changing out parts to build the version you want. I've stated earlier, I like this "Assassin's Creed Origins"-inspired look, so I've gone all-in on most of his stylings.

One thing I really appreciated was the presentation. The box itself is a work of art. It feels so much less like a toy than a museum piece crafted with care. From the layers and layers of soft foam surrounding every accessory to the magnetic cover (which I used as a backdrop for several pics), TBLeague really knows how to make a great first impression.

View attachment 614783

And that's not even touching the throne. The figure alone would have been worth the asking price, but the chair they include is exquisitely detailed, finely painted, and really brings the pharaoh's look together. I have him currently seated beside my computer desk and he looks like he always belonged there, lording over the rest of my collection beneath him.

View attachment 614784

Overall, he's not perfect. No figure is. The amount of materials means some bits of him don't always stay where I want them to stay, but it's not nearly enough to diminish what's on display here.

I grew up with a strong fascination with Egyptian mythology and history as a young child that carried over into my adult years. Every time I go to the museums, I hope they have a section for Egyptian art and history. I spent many years in my youth drawing Tut's death mask, and I never thought we'd get a figure like this. I have certain "rules" for my 1/6 scale collection due to the limits of budget and space - almost exclusively the heroes that I grew up loving and admiring - and Tut wasn't on my "list". 1/6 scale collecting is an expensive hobby and I don't easily deviate, or make impulse purchases.

But BBTS's sale was too tempting and my interest too strong, so Tut's now at home and a breath of fresh air from my normal superhero and Japanese robot acquisitions. There's admittedly not much else in the Egypt line that really excited me like this one did, but this is enough to represent an important part of my formative identity. And the positive impression of TBLeague's construction makes me feel a lot better about a few of their upcoming seamless body figures to modestly calm my fear of them wearing down and breaking.

It's a good Christmas present for me, and it might be the last 1/6 purchase I make for awhile. He may not be my favorite figure on my shelf, but he's definitely one of the most positive and high-quality offerings I've seen yet.

View attachment 614782
Fantastic review and great pictures! I'm so glad you were happy with him and you got him for a steal of a price. He's definitely a hefty boy, all of the male TBL bodies are very bulky weight wise which have pros and cons to the plastic Hot Toys style. I don't really have much to say other than that I completely agree with all of your sentiments, it's why I had to get both versions of him!

Also I love your seated pose for him, it has so much personality to it.

Fantastic review and great pictures! I'm so glad you were happy with him and you got him for a steal of a price. He's definitely a hefty boy, all of the male TBL bodies are very bulky weight wise which have pros and cons to the plastic Hot Toys style. I don't really have much to say other than that I completely agree with all of your sentiments, it's why I had to get both versions of him!

Also I love your seated pose for him, it has so much personality to it.
Thanks. I'm very happy with the figure, and I like giving him a sort of smugness in his poses.

A project for down the road is I plan to do some diorama backdrops for my shelves, and I'll need to do something Egyptian themed for Tut (and later Moon Knight once Hot Toys releases him...).

WOW, you all have some great poses and pics!! To be honest, even though I have a bunch of them, and I'm confident in the material, I'm still always hesitant to pose the figures. Not so much due to worry of damage, but more because they really are so different from regular plastic 1/6 scale bodies. For example, I know there is a bicep/shoulder swivel in the arm, but it just feels squishy and weird when I manipulate the arms.
Like others, I'd love to see other ancient god lines... just don't know if I have the space to be able to collect them!!!

After a few weeks of impatient waiting so that I could get these for cheap from Sideshow, my thrones arrived. Holy ****, I completely understand why they sold these separately compared to King Tut's version. These things are MASSIVE, and HEAVY. I got a little too excited and posed Nephthys on them before taking pictures of the thrones themselves. And as I previously mentioned, the 47 cloth pieces are a pain in the ass to get set the way I want, so I'm leaving them alone for a bit...
1674509044877.png

1674509084776.png

1674509097545.png

Honestly even if you aren't picking up this figure and just want a fantasy/Egyptian style throne, these are very well made, very robust, and very detailed. They've got exceptional weathering and paint application.

There is a very tiny difference in the coloring on them, the white version is a slightly more gold while the black version is a bit more of an orangeish gold. It's pretty subtle though.

Very worthwhile, and if you're looking for a companion piece to go with King Tut's setup, these are fantastic. 10/10

Thats a fantastic price!
.................. and its sold out - nevermind! 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Just got the throne today - its incredible, absolutely worth getting.
I have my Ra (black) on it and they go together so well, really elevates the look.
I'll post pics when I remember to take some!

Damn, for that price you're pretty close to what a typical TBL body costs on its own. That was a steal. Not sure what I would have done with him though.

Thats a fantastic price!
.................. and its sold out - nevermind! 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Just got the throne today - its incredible, absolutely worth getting.
I have my Ra (black) on it and they go together so well, really elevates the look.
I'll post pics when I remember to take some!
Stoked to see it! Maybe grab a few pics of just the throne since I forgot to do so before I jumped into posing haha.

My complaints about all the Nephthys layers went away a little bit when you can use the throne to just drape everything around. They're still frustrating to pose with, but it presents really well.

TBL may make a majority of white washed stripper figures, but when they do things well they do a really good job, I can't complain.

Oh damn I didn't know you picked her up, that looks amazing. I love the warm tones. I can't ever decide to pose her with wings or the cape I love both for different reasons.
Thanks, I was pleased with it myself considering I'm a total newb with proper cameras. I much prefer the cape, it still gives her a great amount of dynamism and is far less heavy and liable to break.

I was looking through BBTS and Sideshow today and saw that TBLeague seems to be going into the Chinese mythology now with Mulan and Dunhuang Music Goddess.

Does this mean the Egyptian line is done?

I was looking through BBTS and Sideshow today and saw that TBLeague seems to be going into the Chinese mythology now with Mulan and Dunhuang Music Goddess.

Does this mean the Egyptian line is done?
Maybe, but I really doubt it. While doing the Egyptian line they've done fantasy knights, faux Native Americans, elves, and some other fantasy warrior figures at the same time, so I doubt it.

Well, I saw the Horus 2.0 (Silver - God of the Sky) for a good price the other day and couldn't resist - and by lord am I glad I didn't!!
The diorama piece alone is worth the price of admission, but honestly Horus is just a deeply impressive figure, the wings are magnificent and all my fears of having too many falcon-headed gods in the collection were for naught, Horus has a completely different look and feel to Ra and I feel they will compliment each other rather well!!
Might need to find a new spot to display them all together, but if you are eyeing this piece I say go for it if you have the space - its seriously impressive!!!
1680833071981.jpeg

1680833097955.jpeg

1680833124956.jpeg

Thought I'd share some pics I just took of my Horus next to my Ra, the (long-promised) Ra in Throne pics as well as the rest of my collection with the new addition of Horus displayed together.
1680835817076.jpeg

1680835861116.jpeg

1680835876974.jpeg

1680835835020.jpeg

1680835940076.jpeg

1680835999305.jpeg

1680836019401.jpeg

1680836035498.jpeg

1680836049714.jpeg

1680836071328.jpeg

1680836089805.jpeg

1680836115596.jpeg

1680836137533.jpeg

1680836150090.jpeg

1680836166034.jpeg

1680836185040.jpeg

1680836203618.jpeg

1680836241552.jpeg

Attachments

• 1680835901514.jpeg
    1680835901514.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1
Can't decide whether I prefer Horus on the pillar in the centre or in the corner - any preferences/opinions/suggestions?

Back