TBLeague 1/6 Egyptian Gods line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this too. Would prefer the open mouth, but I'm fine with it closed since I much prefer the black costume over the white. I think this would be the first to only offer 1 headsculpt IIRC? So here's hoping we get both. Great line so far!

Saw this too. Would prefer the open mouth, but I'm fine with it closed since I much prefer the black costume over the white. I think this would be the first to only offer 1 headsculpt IIRC? So here's hoping we get both. Great line so far!
Month and Osiris both came with just one head (I think, their boxes are put away) but this would be the first time each version has a different head. I’m really hoping there’s a joint in the head (which would also be a first) so the top can open up for that roar, but I feel like they would have advertised that specifically.

I preordered the white version, even though I prefer the black fabric. There’s still plenty of time so I might switch it up later.

I love the line! I skipped out on Tut and Ramses. I most recently got Bastet but I think the green Osiris is my favorite so far.

Actually, I believe you're right about the single headsculpt used for different color outfits. I haven't displayed any of them yet. Just opened to inspect and put away until time and space become available.

I'm a big fan of the line and have several of the figures that have either been bought directly, or kitbashed together as my budget allows. Though I've had issues with a design choice here or there, these guys and gals are very striking, high quality, and still budget friendly for one-sixth.

Well - now I'm in this line, Sobek was the breaking point for me. I've always loved the Egyptian deities but didn't want to start yet ANOTHER collection! :ROFLMAO:
So much for that! Who can resist having a 1/6 crocodile-human hybrid deity in their collection!!

Just bought the golden Ra (who looks like a gorgeous figure) & Anubis (the original run not the silver new edition) to go with him.

Trying to talk myself out of getting the 2nd silver Horus - on one hand there is no need for multiple falcon-headed gods & Ra is the big chief of the pantheon so if you're going to only have 1.... but the pillar base for that Horus is sooooo pretty. I cant make my mind up on whether I like the wings or not: from the iconography it seems only Isis had full on wings, Horus was either depicted as a full-on falcon or as a falcon-headed man - the inclusion of wings... i'm not sure how I feel about it. Plus money and space are a rare commodity.

Not really interested in any of the pharaohs bar Tutankhamun who I may try to pick up when I have more funds.

Bastet's head looks almost comically small compared to her... *ahem* assets, so I don't really want to pick her up.

I wished I liked the Osiris more, but he just doesn't look especially Ancient Egyptian to me - the armour evokes medieval europe for some reason. He should look mummified. Also not sure why they made him a ram hybrid with horns, hooves & elf ears - he looks too fantasy-based like a goblin king or some such, not the Egyptian Lord of the Dead.

Aset/Isis - I have a couple of problems with: 1 - she has been dressed like a stripper, i get that they're taking creative license but c'mon Aset is a major badass ancient deity not a strippergram. 2 - she is VERY clearly white, almost an idealised Liz Taylor and doesn't even remotely look Egyptian (one version of her is blonde! )

Can't decide on whether i prefer the white or black look on Sobek, the gold pops better against his black clothes, but the white clothes contrast better on the body & are more accurate to Sobek's iconography whereas the black is maybe too dark.
The green gems are good for highlighting the green in his crocodile skin, but the red jewels look better with the gold and are more accurate with Sobek's iconography. Also not sure if I prefer the mouth open or closed - its a shame if we don't have both or if the head doesn't hinge. The open mouth is probably the more interesting look, but the closed mouth is a little sinister.
What are everyone elses thoughts?

Would love to see a Thoth figure (with moon disk to contrast Ra's solar disk) an Ibis headed, god of knowledge & the moon would be a very interesting figure. Seeing some of the artistic choices of this line it wouldn't surprise me if they had him as a "mage" archetype like character. Thoth isn't a god going about with swords/shields etc.
Sekhmet would be an interesting character to see TBLeague's spin on, another solar deity - 'The Lady of Slaughter', 'She Before Whom Evil Trembles', the warrior lion-headed goddess of disease & vengeance. Seems like she would be right up their alley.

Last edited:
Wow, Sobek finally! Gold and black are the best color combination but the open mouth head with the white version is better.

Well - now I'm in this line, Sobek was the breaking point for me. I've always loved the Egyptian deities but didn't want to start yet ANOTHER collection! :ROFLMAO:
So much for that! Who can resist having a 1/6 crocodile-human hybrid deity in their collection!!

Just bought the golden Ra (who looks like a gorgeous figure) & Anubis (the original run not the silver new edition) to go with him.

Trying to talk myself out of getting the 2nd silver Horus - on one hand there is no need for multiple falcon-headed gods & Ra is the big chief of the pantheon so if you're going to only have 1.... but the pillar base for that Horus is sooooo pretty. I cant make my mind up on whether I like the wings or not: from the iconography it seems only Isis had full on wings, Horus was either depicted as a full-on falcon or as a falcon-headed man - the inclusion of wings... i'm not sure how I feel about it. Plus money and space are a rare commodity.

Not really interested in any of the pharaohs bar Tutankhamun who I may try to pick up when I have more funds.

Bastet's head looks almost comically small compared to her... *ahem* assets, so I don't really want to pick her up.

I wished I liked the Osiris more, but he just doesn't look especially Ancient Egyptian to

Aset/Isis - I have a couple of problems with: 1 - she has been dressed like a stripper, i get that they're taking creative license but c'mon Aset is a major badass ancient deity not a strippergram. 2 - she is VERY clearly white, almost an idealised Liz Taylor and doesn't even remotely look Egyptian (one version of her is blonde!
Yeah, too bad on Isis. Even their Nefertiti and Cleopatra are white with Liz Taylor faces.
I've been waiting for Isis to pose with my Horus because she and Osiris are his parents.

Finally got around to opening my Month- God of War

month.JPEG

My Anubis & Ra arrived today and I am just blown away by the quality - I should have jumped on this line AGES ago.
The body, the sculpt, all the little details - the quality is just astounding. I'm in this for the long-haul I suspect :ROFLMAO:
Now... whether to get that Horus or not... very, VERY tempting now....

egyp 2.JPG

egyp 5.JPG

egyp 6.JPG

I'm really looking forward to Sobek... wanted in white, but I really think the closed mouth sculpt better suits my display. Such a disappointment that they decided to only offer one head. Bastet had two heads still.
20220311_111814.jpg

I bet you could pick up the other head loose from somewhere like toy anxiety and have the outfit you prefer with both heads.

Only found out this line existed about a month ago and decided to order Isis/Aset in black - sure she's a little stripperiffic and not particularly accurate, but I dig it. Only intending on getting her at the moment, but if they ever revisit doing pharaohs again and come out with Akhenaten or Hatshepsut, my hand could be forced.

I have always liked these figures but dont fit into my collection. I would pick up Khonsu to go with Moon Knight. Have they made one?

IMG_20220420_181610.jpg

Picked up Ra Gold for cheap at Movie Figures since I felt I needed someone to go along with Isis and I don't like how their Osiris looks. It's the first TBL figure I've had so the seamless body weirded me out at first, but quickly got over that due to how impressive he is. The detailing on his armour and trinkets is great and the cape gives him incredible presence.

Aset/Isis arrived today, a bit earlier than expected but I certainly don't mind when she's looking this good. A good bit smaller than Ra but just as striking, just in a different way - more regal and elegant than imposing and commanding. Will need to futz her hair a little bit since it's gone funky on one side, but otherwise she doesn't take much work to make her look her best.

Attachments

• IMG_20220426_175351.jpg
    IMG_20220426_175351.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 19
Aset/Isis arrived today, a bit earlier than expected but I certainly don't mind when she's looking this good. A good bit smaller than Ra but just as striking, just in a different way - more regal and elegant than imposing and commanding. Will need to futz her hair a little bit since it's gone funky on one side, but otherwise she doesn't take much work to make her look her best.
Aset looks amazing! She almost has a queen of the damned look with that head sculpt and makeup around the eyes.

I've got the black and white versions on order from Sideshow, so it'll be a few weeks/months for me. Couldn't believe they were only asking 180, Kit was/is $100 more. Plus I had a coupon and some rewards to spend.

I'm a huge fan of the Egyptian lineup. I've had Cleopatra for a long time, and then I picked up Nefertiti and King Tut. I've got a couple kitbashes that use the clothes from Month and Bastet as well. I love the set from Bastet. Tbleague's boxed set quality has gone up so much since I got Cleopatra a few years ago.

I'll have to post some pics of my collection when I get home later tonight. They are the ones I pose the most often because I love the versatility of the seamless bodies.

Aset looks amazing! She almost has a queen of the damned look with that head sculpt and makeup around the eyes.

I've got the black and white versions on order from Sideshow, so it'll be a few weeks/months for me. Couldn't believe they were only asking 180, Kit was/is $100 more. Plus I had a coupon and some rewards to spend.

I'm a huge fan of the Egyptian lineup. I've had Cleopatra for a long time, and then I picked up Nefertiti and King Tut. I've got a couple kitbashes that use the clothes from Month and Bastet as well. I love the set from Bastet. Tbleague's boxed set quality has gone up so much since I got Cleopatra a few years ago.

I'll have to post some pics of my collection when I get home later tonight. They are the ones I pose the most often because I love the versatility of the seamless bodies.

Yeah I'm hugely impressed by mine so far, both look really close to the prototypes and have so much fine detail packed into the tailoring and sculpting. Fantastic value for money, only thing that concerns me is the rubber bodies but I prefer museum poses anyway so I'll hopefully get more longevity.

Those kitbashes sound cool, looking forward to seeing those!

Back