Statue Taka Corp: How to Train Your Dragon - Hiccup and Toothless 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0CFTt3h.jpg

They'll be releasing a smaller PVC version (1:8) later on. (This 1:6 version has been confirmed as 100% resin.)

Please note the PVC version will be a different statue, though.

They posted this pic for people to realize how big this thing is.

Taka Corp Studio said:
En attendant la preco , que vous vous rendiez compte de la taille du bestiau ..

hlbG4ZP.jpg

Yep, looks like it'll be huge. And expensive.

Secret Compass had this listed for just under 1K, but that listing has since gone. Whether that is close to the mark price wise is anyone's guess.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They posted this pic for people to realize how big this thing is.

hlbG4ZP.jpg

Yep, looks like it'll be huge. And expensive.

Holy crap! ...and that's only 1/6 scale?! Dayum ....

Now kinda want to see what they can do with 1/8 scale.

0CFTt3h.jpg

Please note the PVC version will be a different statue, though.

Wish they'd give us a sneak peek of their 1/8 scale sculpt. That would help with deciding which direction to go.

So ordering from Taka Corp directly is the only option? I'm not a big fan ordering from overseas with the shipping costs and custom charges. 888 seems like a reasonably large run, I wonder if it will sell out straight away or not.

Got my preorder in. It is also available at BBTS and Comic Concepts.
Price 799 Euros

So 3 different suppliers in the US? Would be nice to know how many units they were given considering it's only a 888 release. Comic Concepts also offers free shipping it would be cheaper to have bought from them than directly from Taka Corp if you're in US and you only had to pay a deposit.

So 3 different suppliers in the US? Would be nice to know how many units they were given considering it's only a 888 release. Comic Concepts also offers free shipping it would be cheaper to have bought from them than directly from Taka Corp if you're in US and you only had to pay a deposit.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they couldn't have announced that ahead of time (either by TakaCorp, or the suppliers themselves). Would have preferred ordering from a US supplier, but was concerned no one in the US was going to carry it, and I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on the statue, so I ordered directly before they finally said something about the other suppliers carrying the piece.

I kept checking BBTS after the preorder went live for about 30 min, and didn't see anything, so I ordered directly. Had no idea about SpecFiction or that other site until much later in the day. Oh well, I got my order in, so I guess that's all that matters. Looking forward to it in 2021 hopefully!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure why they couldn't have announced that ahead of time (either by TakaCorp, or the suppliers themselves). Would have preferred ordering from a US supplier, but was concerned no one in the US was going to carry it, and I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on the statue, so I ordered directly before they finally said something about the other suppliers carrying the piece.

I kept checking BBTS after the preorder went live for about 30 min, and didn't see anything, so I ordered directly. Had no idea about SpecFiction or that other site until much later in the day. Oh well, I got my order in, so I guess that's all that matters. Looking forward to it in 2021 hopefully!
People did leave FB posts about these other suppliers, but they were deleted by Taka Corp. Seems they didn't want them buying from any other source but them.

They haven't sold out at TC yet and the other websites all still have them too, so it would be interesting to see how many actually did sell of the 888. I'm in Australia and I haven't seen anyone stock it here, but $70 shipping from TC directly is a lot cheaper than it would be from any US distributor. Shipping is ridiculous from North America.

There's a video up on their facebook with the figure and them answering questions I think? It's in French though.

OqEeAt2.jpg

dGNET3V.jpg

jxrSzZV.jpg

Zuv9T4w.jpg

feNsWDI.jpg

MTp3TUr.jpg

Measures (in centimeters): 40x55x78.

They'll be releasing a smaller PVC version (1:8) later on. (This 1:6 version has been confirmed as 100% resin.)

Man, now I want to see the 1/8 version. If the detail is not lost at that scale, then 1/8 might be a good alternative.

Back