Superman The Movie - Palitoy / Kenner inspired cardbacks / PAINTED FIGURE PHOTOS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Superman The Movie - Palitoy inspired cardbacks / FIGURE PHOTOS ADDED

looks excellent ,id up for a couple if you have a price worked out ,happy to pay you upfront to help with your out of pocket expenses if that would help you out

Re: Superman The Movie - Palitoy inspired cardbacks / FIGURE PHOTOS ADDED

Thanks LIBBY1957DOG. I'll update you once I know a price for getting the figure printed.

Finally finished the Wonder Woman cardback. This was the toughest of them all - trying to find approrpiately posed / sized images. My wife says that I intentionally struggled with it so I could spend more time looking at Lynda Carter Wonder Woman photos on google. Ha ha.

Here it is - the last back of the last figure card.

Palitoy-Wonder Woman Card-Front-and-Back.jpg

Re: Superman The Movie - Palitoy / Kenner inspired cardbacks / FIGURE PHOTOS ADDED

Moving this thread into the DC Customs was the kiss of death. I got the first 3D printed Superman figure today and it's FANTASTIC to finally have an action figure that so perfectly captures Chris Reeve's likeness and detail on his costume.
Not really worth showing photos of it though as the interest seems to have died off.
I also updated all the cards to have the Kenner logo on them as there's clearly no love for the Palitoy versions.
I really thought there would have been more interest in these. What a shame.

Last edited:
Re: Superman The Movie - Palitoy / Kenner inspired cardbacks / FIGURE PHOTOS ADDED

thats too bad mate ,id be interested if you decide to go ahead with it ,the logo is immaterial to me as its the excellent composition of your cards that recreated that period in time that sold it for me ,the movie accurate figure is just the icing on the cake as even the funko looked good mounted on your card work

First test print of the Chris Reeve Superman 3D figure. VERY happy with how this is turning out. If there's no interest in these, I'll ask for the thread to be closed but just wanted to show how it's looking.

20200801_114923-1.jpg

20200801_121810-1.jpg

20200801_121418.jpg

20200801_121538.jpg

20200801_115425.jpg

20200801_115826-1.jpg

First test print of the Chris Reeve Superman 3D figure. VERY happy with how this is turning out. If there's no interest in these, I'll ask for the thread to be closed but just wanted to show how it's looking.

View attachment 492013

View attachment 492014

View attachment 492015

View attachment 492016

View attachment 492017

View attachment 492018

registering my interest and confirming my desire to own at least the superman version :hi5:

Having seen this prototype and the whole range of backing cards Chris has produced firsthand I can't express enough what a superb job he's done on them. The diligence to obtain just the right weight and thickness for the cards alone (without compromising on the image quality) shows the dedication to making these as authentic a match to vintage cardbacks as can be. And what can I say about the 3D print of the Reeve figure except that he's managed to produce a better likeness with better proportions and accurate costume than most licensed offerings - In hand its a joy to behold and when painted will look even better. This is a great project and I wish Chris every success with it..!

Thanks martin-el,

It was GREAT to finally be able to show these to someone in person as the photos never do them justice. Thanks for your nice review of them. Glad you liked them!

If anyone is interested in these, please email me for further updates as I won't be posting here much anymore.

[email protected]

Thanks!

By popular demand, I've added a "13th" figure to the set. It's the 1989 Batman on a Kenner card. I haven't put this onto a Palitoy card because they had already gone out of business by that date.

As I mentioned, if anyone is interested in any of these cards, send me an email at:

[email protected]

Kenner-Batman 1989 Card-Front-and-Back-Opt2.jpg

Decided to try out a Gotham City matte painting backdrop behind Batman. I'm liking how this looks. What do you think?
It makes a suitably "Burton-esque" dark contrast to the light Superman The Movie card.

Kenner-Batman 1989 Card-Front-and-Back-Opt3.jpg

Supes looks awesome!

The run of these has started with the first batch at the printers now. If you want one, email me at:

[email protected]

This is going to be a VERY limited run.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm closing the list on these. Valuable lesson learned about spending a lot of money on a commission that turned out to be of little interest to anyone except me. Sadly. that means I won't be doing the other characters. At least I've got some nice cards to look at. :slap

Here's my "rough" painted Superman figure (I'm no painter) on my custom Kenner Superman The Movie card alongside a "Smith Lord Creations" Kenner Stormtrooper carded figure. Their figures are professionally made at a factory in China but I'm thrilled to be able to say that my card is every bit as authentic looking and has a neater trimming job around the edges, corners and shelf hanger hole punch. LOL.

20200829_171620-1.jpg

Last edited:

excellent chris top work ,
a must have for any superman or reeve fan

so glad someone took the time and care to make something i didn't even know i needed, but couldn't not buy thanks mate

cant wait to get mine

Thanks LIBBY1957DOG. Not sure if you got my email this morning - your figure and card were shipped out today so you should receive it early next week! Please let people on here know your thoughts about it when you've received it. Thanks again for your interest in my project.

excellent chris top work ,
a must have for any superman or reeve fan

so glad someone took the time and care to make something i didn't even know i needed, but couldn't not buy thanks mate

cant wait to get mine

Last edited:

People are starting to receive their figures and cards now with an overwhelmingly positive reaction to them. It makes it all worthwhile when people react in that way. :yess:

I'm closing the list on these. Valuable lesson learned about spending a lot of money on a commission that turned out to be of little interest to anyone except me. Sadly. that means I won't be doing the other characters. At least I've got some nice cards to look at. :slap

hey chris got mine yesterday ,thank you so much ,worth every penny it cost , from the care and detail and dare i say love love that has been put into this project ,from the design to the detail to the craftsman ship ,to the super care taken over the packing of the product when it was sent out ,

solid gold all the way

so glad you embarked on this project and disappointed for you that the uptake wasn't what you expected ,but as i said before these really are going to be a must have for any reeve fan or superman fan in general ,and will be sought after in the fandom when word gets out about these get out to even general non figure collecting fans ,but they would probably need to be offered painted

have you brought these to the attention of jim bowers who owns amongst his other reeve collectables this website devoted to the reeve films https://www.capedwonder.com/ im sure exposure there would increase your uptake
anyway thanks again for the project and excellent service ,and for any on the fence about these , as a boutique figure its reasonably priced and i cant recommend these and the service more highly first class all the way ,get them while you can

Thanks for the great review and kind words LIBBY1957DOG. I'm really pleased that you like the figure and card and appreciated the packing job. LOL.
The list is closed on these now so you've got yourself a very limited piece there. :clap

Back