Superman The Movie - Palitoy / Kenner inspired cardbacks / PAINTED FIGURE PHOTOS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Superman The Movie - Palitoy / Kenner inspired cardbacks / FIGURE PHOTOS ADDED

Just wanted to say that, although I don't require a 3 3/4 Reeve Superman myself, reading through this thread about the process and seeing cking refine this product has been quite an education in itself. I think all the design decisions were excellent, and the finished cardback with (excellent!) figure is really exceptional. It's a shame there wasn't more interest (here on Freaks, at least) to have other characters created, but I imagine such carded figures would do a pretty brusque trade at a convention, etc. Really inspirational work, cking. :)

Re: Superman The Movie - Palitoy / Kenner inspired cardbacks / FIGURE PHOTOS ADDED

Thanks Johnny6666. That's really nice of you to say so. Glad that it may have inspired people to do something similar themselves.

Jim Bowers from www.capedwonder.com just received his figures and cards. In his own words, here's what he had to say about them:

"Hi Chris! Wow! Wow!
Absolutely marvelous!!!!!!
Thanks SO much! What an amazing project!!!!! You deserve a rousing applause!
Your cards are absolutely perfect. I feel like I just opened a package from 1978!!!"

Just wanted to say that, although I don't require a 3 3/4 Reeve Superman myself, reading through this thread about the process and seeing cking refine this product has been quite an education in itself. I think all the design decisions were excellent, and the finished cardback with (excellent!) figure is really exceptional. It's a shame there wasn't more interest (here on Freaks, at least) to have other characters created, but I imagine such carded figures would do a pretty brusque trade at a convention, etc. Really inspirational work, cking. :)

Some great coverage for my figure and cards from Jim Bowers at www.capedwonder.com
Thanks Jim!

By popular demand, I've added the John Wesley Shipp 90's The Flash TV Series to the Kenner cards.

Kenner-The Flash Card-Front.jpg

Here's the completed Robocop Kenner card.

Kenner-Robocop Card-Front-and-Back.jpg

Thanks LIBBY1957DOG!

Here's the fully painted Superman (Kenner style).

Painted-Superman.jpeg

Here's the latest card - TRON (Can't decide on blue or green figure background).

Also, first progress photo of Lou Ferrigno Incredible Hulk 1:18 scale figure.

Kenner-Tron Card-Front-Blue.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Here is a properly painted Superman figure in the packaging. I was so thrilled with this that I laughed out loud like a kid on Christmas morning when I saw how it looked in the packaging.

20201015_183652-1.jpg

20201015_184031-1.jpg

A really generous customer who purchased some of my cardbacks sent a Batman 1989 and Superman The Movie cardback to Michael at Retroblasting. Here's a link to their review of my cards. They actually confuse my cards with the cards that are being professionally produced in China by another UK fan (Stan Solo Creations and Smith Lord Creations), so that was a huge compliment for them to think that my cards were up to the same standard as those.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGfipiHAMD6/

Here are some 9 inches tall prints of my Superman and Hulk figures together with a couple of different paintjobs on the 1:18 scale figure done by two talented artists. The colors on the left are more representative of the actual costume colors, but the figure on the right is probably more like people "think" it looks.

20201122_131215-1.jpg

20201121_004115-1.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great, I knew the left was more accurate , huge fan of reeve
Wish HT made theirs more like the movie colors

Great work on the Superman’s and hulk retro cards
I’ve pm’ed you on pricing

My tracking shows my order for Spider-Man, Hulk and Superman are in town--hopefully will get them tomorrow! Will be posting pics as soon as they're all painted. :)Excited!!

I want to thank Chris for his wonderful customer service and speedy delivery. I was more than impressed with the quality of the cards and equally so with the details of the figures! I'm glad I came across your items. I spend each year trying to find the most unique collectibles for my pop-culture enthusiast brother. This fit the bill perfectly! When it comes to painting things, I am far from the best and I try to commission painted items where I can. In this case, i had to crack my knuckles and do it myself--go easy on me :lol Anyway, I am including non-DC characters in these pics as the lot was part of my purchase from Chris. If anything, it goes to show how these figures (with a lot more talent and time ) can look on these wonderful cards.
Thanks again Chris, my bro loves them!!
group1.jpg
Supes3.jpgsupe2.jpg
hulk1.jpghulk2.jpg
spidey3.jpgspidey2.jpg

WONDERFUL work on these Ted. It was a real pleasure to get these to you so you could paint them up for your brother. What a lovely thing to do for him. I think you have done a fantastic job on all three of them and I particularly like your color choices. I'm jealous! I haven't got a painted Spidey for my own collection yet!

Thanks for sharing the photos and giving people the opportunity to see what they look like painted.

If anyone is interested, these are all for sale (unpainted - gray primer only) on my Etsy store: KennerByKing. Check it out when you have a chance. Happy to ship overseas (I'm in the U.K.)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KennerByKing

Chris

Multiverse Batman, Superman and Zod look so much better on Chris' cards than what Mattel designed. Again, great job, Chris!!

b1.jpgs1.jpgz1.jpg
z2.jpgs2.jpg
b2.jpg

Outstanding work on these figs
The super/spider/hulk look fantastic

Back