SUPERMADTOYS 1/6 Bionic Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SS Indiana TOD body is a pretty good alternative for a body swap...colour is a slight shade darker than the Nathan drake version, but it's still better than the stock body.

Actually any of the newer SS bodies should work fine...

DSC_0047 (2).JPGDSC_0048 (2).JPGDSC_0050.JPG

I see Supermad Toys have another Steve Austin sculpt in the works...looks good!

But with two versions already i was hoping to see some new updates on a Jaime Sommers release.

View attachment 506519

Agree 100%. Frankly I'm a little disappointed this next Steve will be basically a rerelease of his red track suit. Yes, new sculpt and new accessories, but still the same basic look. I would have much preferred them doing Jaime next or doing a different outfit Steve like his blue track suit variant that they were considering or some other outfit, or even start doing some mechanical-y type of styling with his arm and legs.

News today from Supermad Toys:

Supermadtoys

10 mins ·

Due to the newest policy on mainland, the factory in Dongguan must be closed down,we need to find a new place for production。

Don't worry all project will continue production but will be very slow, my team now is disband so i'm going to rehrie more new workers, please stay tuned
thank you all your support
🙇
🙇
🙇

Uh oh!

I don't have anything ordered from them so I'll be fine as far as that's concerned. But this also means that future figures are on hold indefinitely. Or possibly cancelled if they can't get a team together.

That's terrible news. I have both their Steve Austins and think they're great figures--very well done. I was looking forward to Jaime Summers and the Rick Deckard they hinted at before.

Hopefully they can get this sorted out.

KG Hobby confirmed the reason for this.

As expected by some, it is due to China's issue with power shortages.

KGHobby Toys & Models
restrictions on electricity supply

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58733193

China power cuts: What is causing the country's blackouts?​

By Peter Hoskins

Business reporter, Singapore

Published 30 September

China is struggling with a severe shortage of electricity which has left millions of homes and businesses hit by power cuts.

Blackouts are not that unusual in the country but this year a number of factors have contributed to a perfect storm for electricity suppliers.

The problem is particularly serious in China's north eastern industrial hubs as winter approaches - and is something that could have implications for the rest of the world.

Why has China been hit by power shortages?

The country has in the past struggled to balance electricity supplies with demand, which has often left many of China's provinces at risk of power outages.

During times of peak power consumption in the summer and winter the problem becomes particularly acute.

But this year a number of factors have come together to make the issue especially serious.

As the world starts to reopen after the pandemic, demand for Chinese goods is surging and the factories making them need a lot more power.

Rules imposed by Beijing as it attempts to make the country carbon neutral by 2060 have seen coal production slow, even as the country still relies on coal for more than half of its power.

And as electricity demand has risen, the price of coal has been pushed up.

But with the government strictly controlling electricity prices, coal-fired power plants are unwilling to operate at a loss, with many drastically reducing their output instead.

Who is being affected by the blackouts?

Homes and businesses have been affected by power cuts as electricity has been rationed in several provinces and regions.

The state-run Global Times newspaper said there had been outages in four provinces - Guangdong in the south and Heilongjiang, Jilin and Liaoning in the north east. There are also reports of power cuts in other parts of the country.

Companies in major manufacturing areas have been called on to reduce energy usage during periods of peak demand or limit the number of days that they operate.

Energy-intensive industries such as steel-making, aluminium smelting, cement manufacturing and fertiliser production are among the businesses hardest hit by the outages.

What has the impact been on China's economy?

Official figures have shown that in September 2021, Chinese factory activity shrunk to the lowest it had been since February 2020, when coronavirus lockdowns crippled the economy.

Concerns over the power cuts have contributed to global investment banks cutting their forecasts for the country's economic growth.

Goldman Sachs has estimated that as much as 44% of the country's industrial activity has been affected by power shortages. It now expects the world's second largest economy to expand by 7.8% this year, down from its previous prediction of 8.2%.

Globally, the outages could affect supply chains, especially towards the end-of-the-year shopping season.

Since economies have reopened, retailers around the world have already been facing widespread disruption amid a surge in demand for imports.

What is China doing to resolve the problem?

China's economic planner, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), has outlined a number of measures to resolve the problem, with energy supplies in the northeast of the country as its main priority this winter.

The measures include working closely with generating firms to increase output, ensuring full supplies of coal and promoting the rationing of electricity.

The China Electricity Council, which represents generating firms, has also said that coal-fired power companies were now "expanding their procurement channels at any cost" in order to guarantee winter heat and electricity supplies.

However, finding new sources of coal imports may not be straightforward.

Russia is already focused on its customers in Europe, Indonesian output has been hit by heavy rains and nearby Mongolia is facing a shortage of road haulage capacity.

Are energy shortages around the world connected?

Power cuts in China, UK petrol stations running out of fuel, energy bills jumping in Europe and soaring crude oil, natural gas and coal prices on wholesale markets - it would be tempting to assume the world is suddenly in the grip of a global energy drought.

However, it is not quite as simple as that - there are some distinctly different issues around the world.

For example, in the UK petrol stations have run dry as motorists rushed to fill up their vehicles over concerns that a shortage of tanker drivers would mean fuel would soon become scarce.

Meanwhile, mainland Europe's rising energy bills are due to a number of local factors, including low stockpiles of natural gas, weak output from the region's windmills and solar farms and maintenance work that has put generating operations out of action.

dsc_0042-jpg.501903

Love those dynamic shots. Can almost picture the next scene, as the arm is pulled off and smoke and sparks fly!
60mmpc.gif

Don't know if Supermad will ever make a 1/6 Bionic Bigfoot, to go with this figure.

However Chewie in your shots is ironically a fitting stand-in for Bionic Bigfoot.
As back in 1977 before Chewie hit the shelves his original 3.75" line prototype stand-in was a mock-up Bionic Bigfoot figure.
(from the Six Million Dollar Man Dual Launch Drag Set (how that even made sense is a 70s toy thing, but it did!).
5rnacu.gif

Bionic Bigfoot^
First Chewie prototype
5rna9g.gif

And his 12" scale (actually 15") figure "Space Wookie"! mock up for the Kenner 1978 Catalog, was again a re-purposed and painted stand-in Bionic Bigfoot.

5rnaly.gif

5rnaog.gif

So first Bionic Bigfoot stood in for Chewie, now you have Chewie stand in for Bionic Bigfoot-
- The circle is now complete! :wink1:

Everyone cites Joseph Campbell, Frank Herbert, Flash Gordon, Kurosawa, etc. yet Lucas like everyone else on Feb 1, 1976 was clearly watching the zeitgeist altering event that was Six Million Dollar Man meets Space Bigfoot!
6j275d.gif

7d6b2w.gif

6ncswa.jpg
One became Indiana Jones the other Chewbacca.:sneaky: Even referenced an arm pulled out of it's socket.:p
60mmpc.gif
6j3wl1.gif

Got inspired after watching the Bigfoot episodes...

The Bigfoot episodes, gave us some of the most funbelievable lines of dialog, set-ups and plot ever written in fiction.:lol

Steve Austin tries to explain what is going on to Oscar and Ruddy as Jamie Sommers bionic-listens outside...

OSCAR GOLDMAN: Are you going to tell us what happened Steve, we're trying to help.
Col. STEVE AUSTIN: I promised to keep it a secret.
Dr, RUDY WELLS: Anything you say, stays with us.
OSCAR: Trust us.
STEVE: You're not gonna believe it. ...In the California mountains, there's a colony of aliens. Explorers from deep space.
OSCAR: Space people? ...In the mountains? ...Where?
STEVE: I don't know exactly. They've been here for 250 years. They can move forward through time in the blink of an eye.
They gave me some of their wonder drug, it could cure most all diseases and help heal injuries in no time.
...They also control the Sasquatch.
OSCAR: Bigfoot!?
STEVE: That's right, but a group of Rebels broke away from the main complex, and they took the Sasquatch with them. They've been using Bigfoot to steal these materials to create some sort of magnetic force field around their new base, to make it invulnerable. ..... I told you you wouldn't believe it.
Remember last year, that day I disappeared in the mountains, Bigfoot took me to their secret complex. I meat these people, I talked to them,
OSCAR: Well why didn't you tell me about it then Steve?
STEVE: Because they erased my memory. I know it all sounds crazy, ...but it's true!

What a set up! You can't make this stuff up, ...oh wait, they did!
And my 10yo brain was riveted :D

Last edited:
Back