SUPER7 Ultimates SilverHawks Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you got your wish. Toy versions are the next wave.
Yeah I PO'd the chrome figures but I wonder how many we'll get from Super 7. Ramen Toys only gave us 2 Chrome figures.

Super 7 has been doing some weird stuff as of late - cancelling Simpsons, an entire wave of repaints for GI Joe and is the Disney line dead?

Finally getting Copper Kidd.

1707419576954.png

$205.00 for a 4.5" figure and a non-electronic plastic bike?
Two... Hundred... and... Five... Dollars.

Super7 must be smoking the good stuff!

Guess at least with this figure they aren't showing well-painted face renders... because that photo above
is about all the better he will look in-hand.

I think this may be the death blow for the line... Ultimates as a whole I can see going away sooner than later.

Last edited:
$205.00 for a 4.5" figure and a bike?

God, Super7 is smoking the good stuff.

I think this may be the death blow for the line... Ultimates as a whole I can see going away sooner than later.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand, the Super 7 Ultimates line (while packed with loads of accessories and head swaps) has always been ridiculously overpriced.

On the other hand, what is the alternative for similar figures (especially a more obscure line like Silverhawks)? We got a couple from Ramen Toys but there are no other players for this IP.

When the Super 7 figures were heavily discounted recently, I picked up all the ones that I had not acquired before.

Also, I noticed Super 7 started to cut corners on the packaging but did not pass the savings on to the consumer - no more shipper boxes and no more foil/embossed packaging.

Odd that this Wave is just 1 figure and vehicle.

At this point, they are just trying get people to crowd-fund via "pre-orders".
There is no blanking way that those two things cost that much money to produce.

This is worse than the HasLab Ghost Rider failure, at least that car lit-up!

I don't think it's super insane. How many Silverhawks collectors are out there? Less than Thundercats, which is less than GI Joe/Star Wars/Transformers etc. Incredibly niche line and not everyone is going to buy the vehicle.

At this point, they are just trying get people to crowd-fund via "pre-orders".
There is no blanking way that those two things cost that much money to produce.

This is worse than the HasLab Ghost Rider failure, at least that car lit-up!

What is a fair price for the vehicle? I agree it is overpriced.

Could the economy of scale and sunk costs also be playing a factor?

If they hypothetically only sell 500 vehicles, they have to charge $150. But if they place a manufacturer order with the factory of 5,000, that could hypothetically lower the price to $75.

I’m guessing they are not anticipating to sell a lot of the vehicle and they’ll be the whales that are willing to pay.

Back