Super 7 GI JOE Ultimates line speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about Tomax / Xamot for wave 5 ?
Shipwreck and Roadblock in his green & brown gear

Wave 6
Crimson Guard & Major Bludd
Spirit & Quick Kick ?

Man....so many great characters......

My favorite figures from the line as a kid were Zartan and the Dreadnoks so after seeing Zartan already on the way I’m a bit impatient for his crew.

I’d love for wave 5 to include Buzzer and Torch.

How about Tomax / Xamot for wave 5 ?
Shipwreck and Roadblock in his green & brown gear

Wave 6
Crimson Guard & Major Bludd
Spirit & Quick Kick ?

Man....so many great characters......
Beyond what was already announced/released, my main wants are Dusty, Firefly, Snake Eyes V2, Shipwreck, and the Crimson Twins, so I needs all of those. But I don't think I could pass on any of those you suggest. Other very cool Ultimates figures would be Airtight, Barbecue, and Snow Job.

edit:

Some incredible deals on these guys from Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/...bat-7inch-action-figure-bundle-of-4/sup81727b
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/...-bat-7inch-action-figure-bundle-of-4/supjoeu1

Last edited:
Lastest news letter update: Hopefully there are hints for the next wave soon.

G.I. Joe​

Wave 2 (Baroness, Destro, Flint, Lady Jaye) - Left the factory at the end of March and scheduled to ship to customers in early-May 2023.​

Wave 3 (Doc, Scarlett, Storm Shadow, Cobra Soldier) - Scheduled to leave the factory in beginning of July and ship to customers in late-August 2023.​

Beyond what was already announced/released, my main wants are Dusty, Firefly, Snake Eyes V2, Shipwreck, and the Crimson Twins, so I needs all of those. But I don't think I could pass on any of those you suggest. Other very cool Ultimates figures would be Airtight, Barbecue, and Snow Job.

edit:

Some incredible deals on these guys from Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/...bat-7inch-action-figure-bundle-of-4/sup81727b
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/...-bat-7inch-action-figure-bundle-of-4/supjoeu1
Some good choices in there as well.
Makes you realize how many great characters this license has.

Would also love an Arise Serpentor Arise wave
Sgt Slaughter, Beach Head, Serpentor, Dr Mindbender

Last edited:
Wave 2 shipping!

Attachments

• IMG_2567.jpeg
    IMG_2567.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 0
People have started receiving wave 2 this week, and sadly (and perhaps predictably, given Super 7's track record), Flint and Lady Jaye are disastrously bad in that their heads are molded in flesh colored plastic (not painted), and the tampos that are there look cheap and sloppy. Ruins the figures for me, and it's worst on Flint--my favorite Joe character. They remind me of cheap dollar store toys, not a $50+, relatively high end plastic figure.

General consensus so far is that Destro is really good (because he required that the head be painted0, Baroness is OK (same issue as the others but not as bad), Lady Jaye is bad, and Flint is awful. Really disheartening, particularly given the high bar they set with Duke in wave 1. I cancelled my pre-orders apart from Destro.

Watch at your own risk:

As disappointing as the decisions with Flint's head are, the figure doesn't look nearly as bad in person. I'm still planning to mod the eyes and do a matte clear coat, but it isn't a bad figure when you don't have a close-up in harsh lighting. Happy to have this guy. . .and Destro is the MVP of the Ultimates line so far from what I've seen. Just about perfect.

209986d1685150107-super7-x-g-i-joe-reaction-ultimates-20230526_200856.jpg

209933d1684887419-super7-x-g-i-joe-reaction-ultimates-20230523_190759.jpg

209934d1684887518-super7-x-g-i-joe-reaction-ultimates-20230523_183641.jpg

Smiling face sculpt is the best one out of the box.

209932d1684887419-super7-x-g-i-joe-reaction-ultimates-20230523_184056.jpg

Yeah I canceled my Flint order as soon as I saw pictures. It might not be too hard of a repaint to fix, but because they screwed the paint up so badly, I'm going to wait for Flint to get marked down a bit. Lady Jaye doesn't look as bad so I might just pick her up sooner than later. But I really wish they designed the articulation better on the females, especially the hip articulation, it's too limited.

Still waiting for my Destro from BBTS
CC feels lonely.

Attachments

• IMG_2980.jpeg
    IMG_2980.jpeg
    554.2 KB · Views: 0
Cancelled my Wave 2 preorder from BBTS and just re-ordered Destro by himself. How sad that Super 7's bait and switch reared its ugly head this early in the line. I'm seeing rumblings that supposedly faces will be painted going forward so hopefully they don't screw the pooch with Scarlett and black suit Baroness but what a damn shame for Flint and Lady Jaye who were two of the single most prominent characters on the cartoon.

Cancelled my Wave 2 preorder from BBTS and just re-ordered Destro by himself. How sad that Super 7's bait and switch reared its ugly head this early in the line. I'm seeing rumblings that supposedly faces will be painted going forward so hopefully they don't screw the pooch with Scarlett and black suit Baroness but what a damn shame for Flint and Lady Jaye who were two of the single most prominent characters on the cartoon.
That really is too bad since Flint is My favorite Joe member. Hopefully they will do a variant with the black shirt and painted face I can pick up one day.

That really is too bad since Flint is My favorite Joe member. Hopefully they will do a variant with the black shirt and painted face I can pick up one day.
I'm one of the many fans who likes Snake-Eyes the best but how do you make a line based on the Sunbow cartoon and screw up Flint??? He's pretty much the main character for a good portion of the series with Lady Jaye always at his side. Part of me thinks screw it and that I should just pick up him and Lady Jaye anyway but I'm guessing they'll never increase in price so I think I'll hold off a while to see if some sort of corrected version comes out later. Since these figures are great from the neck down then any variant they release with proper heads can just be swapped out with their main outfits in the future.

Brian Flynn at Super 7 said the paint samples they got from the factory for wave 2 had painted skin color so they assumed the production copies would too. By the sound of it, it seems that he feels the unpainted skin is fine and they won't send out replacement heads. A second version of Flint with a black shirt should have enough heads to give you options to switch out with the first version. I doubt there's a second version of Lady Jaye they could do the same solution on. maybe Jaye in a dive suit?

Painting the skin flesh color shouldn't be too difficult, just mask off the hair, eyes, eyebrows, and the clothes and spray it with an airbrush, I think the most difficult thing to fix is repainting the eyebrows and enlarging the black eye dots on Flint. Lady Jaye would just need the skin paint as I think the eyes and brows look all right on the production copies.

Back