Super 7 GI JOE Ultimates line speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fantastic wave! Doc has never looked so badass! :rock

Super7-GIJoe-ULTIMATES-Wave-3-Doc-Promo-02-2000x2000.jpg

Looks great, I'll be in for these I think! Wave 1 looks like it's still months away from delivery right now.

Just saw these on BBTS this morning. They look so freaking good! I'm definitely getting Storm Shadow and Scarlett. Cobra Trooper is a maybe. Doc I'm probably passing on. Looks amazing, but if I go down the rabbit hole of getting every C-list Joe they release, even if I don't care much about them, then this could get out of hand very quickly! I think it also speaks well to the longevity of the line that they brought out Doc here. Playing the long game before bringing out more relative heavyweights like Zartan and Snake Eyes 2.0.

The little 5 POA figures are overpriced junk IMHO.

But these 7" are absolutely fantastic. Can't see why anyone would bother with the Classifieds line over these.

The little 5 POA figures are overpriced junk IMHO.

But these 7" are absolutely fantastic. Can't see why anyone would bother with the Classifieds line over these.
Based on their look, I agree. But I haven't had any of these in hand yet, so the jury is still out for me. If they look as good as the prototypes then I am all in here.

I also agree about the smaller, less articulated figures. Seems really strange to do that with a line that, from the beginning, stood apart from Star Wars figures because they did have superior articulation. Having said that, I'll probably have to buy their Flint anyway, since I buy just about anything made of him. I even have band-aids, a kite, a stamp, etc.

Has anyone had experiencing cancelling a pre-order from Super7 even though your card was already charged?
I ordered an Ultimate BAT about a year ago and I'm looking to cancel.

Last edited:
Couldn't resist buying the new comic styled BAT from a flipper off ebay after watching Pixel Dan's video. It looks freaking awesome (as does the rest of Wave 1), can't wait to finally have one of these new Ultimates in hand! :rock

m4ymdqj4mob91.png

Last edited:
This turned out better than I expected but somethings could be improved like the range of articulation of the elbows and knees. The hips could be improved too. But the limits could be due to this particular sculpt. This is also non-human, Super 7 has had issues with skin tone so who knows how well the paint will be on Duke, Flint, Lady Jaye etc.
I'm more interested than before, just not to the point that I reorder my canceled Joe Super7 figures.

First video review:

I love it!!!! All I was really hoping for with regard to articulation was that they'd at least be as articulated as an O-ring figure and this video shows that they're even better so no complaints from me, looks like this line will be my primary collecting focus for the forseeable future! :rock

Ordered 3 more directly from Super7. :yess:

I didn't know they'd be available outside the Con otherwise I would have avoided the $45 upcharge for my first one. Oh well, that's FOMO for you. I just didn't want to miss out on what is now technically the inaugural figure of the whole line.

By the way, in Toy Bro's review above he assumes that the inclusion of the cannister was a deep cut that he wasn't privy to and for him I'm sure it was, as it is a reference to comic issue #44 that came out in 1985 (prior to both the BAT's appearing as figures and on the cartoon) that was probably around the time that he was born.

In that issue Dr. Mindbender sent BAT's to charge the Joes with cannisters on their backs that would explode releasing a bunch of mutant spores that would turn into vines that would both entangle their vehicles and release gas that would put the Joes to sleep. Crazy stuff but that's the 80's for you, lol.

ytgOt8WpDLH4JACYYFrOvjbe9btJXp5eBT3m16N7eLU4nISRQEb7gate1R3wjEP__CiyLE99aR2L=s0

wFelx-jmEc12pEr2G004XmEHwiMP5Xx6p5xykKINZyjf2nmuiLX78TAsGhMxTQQtKYpC8yIKpJ1r=s0

I love it!!!! All I was really hoping for with regard to articulation was that they'd at least be as articulated as an O-ring figure and this video shows that they're even better so no complaints from me, looks like this line will be my primary collecting focus for the forseeable future! :rock

Ordered 3 more directly from Super7. :yess:

I didn't know they'd be available outside the Con otherwise I would have avoided the $45 upcharge for my first one. Oh well, that's FOMO for you. I just didn't want to miss out on what is now technically the inaugural figure of the whole line.
I believe this exclusive is based on how the B.A.T. Looked in the comics..they should’ve added some black shading ..this isn’t my favorite base color

Back