Super 7 GI JOE Ultimates line speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How deep will you go?

Also, what would be a good small lineup of heroes and villains. I'm already skipping BAT, because I barely remember him.

So far, what I have in mind goes like this.

heroes
Duke
snake eyes
roadblock
scarlet
flint
beachhead (maybe)
shipwreck
gung ho

villains
Cobra commander
Baroness
Destro
Zartan
Storm Shadow

Any other suggestions that I'm missing...out of 500+ characters :lol
I believe he said they will be releasing two waves of four figures (two Joes and two Cobras) per year so with 8 figures a year and them hoping to go 10+ years just like MOTUC it'll probably be a very long time before they'd run out of figures that I'd want.

If you're just going for heavy hitters then you've already got a pretty good list in your post above. Lady Jaye was very prominent in the cartoon as were Xamot and Tomax so you might want to get them. Firefly is a huge fan favorite on his own plus there's the various army builders (Cobra Troopers, Crimson Guard, Vipers, and B.A.T.'s) if you want any of those.

Not sure how far you'd want to go past 1985 since all the ones you list save Beach Head are 1982-1985 but prominent characters from 1986-87 would include Sgt. Slaughter, Serpentor, Dr. Mindbender but I could easily list so many more. Even just sticking with the toon Dusty was really cool as were Alpine and Bazooka, Leatherneck and Wetsuit, Falcon in the movie and on and on. When you start to really think about it you may find it hard to pass on any of them, lol.

They all look great, I'll definitely be buying a couple at least, i have the Bat on order, I'll also probably get SE as well. They're just a bit too expensive.
As nice as these look, they still don't quite do it for me like Hasbro's Classified figures.

I would want Mutt and Junkyard, Firefly, Zartan, Spirit, Shipwreck, Barbeque, Crimson Guard, Cobra Eel, Torpedo, Stalker, and many more.

Don't hate me, but I used to like Metal Head. I think that was his name. 😆

He had a backpack with two rockets. Was there another character that could shoot rockets from a backpack?

You know they gonna make a Cold Slither box set eventually 😬

I have a question for you GI Joe fans. Super 7 made a Baronnes figure for their reaction line, and they chose a blue jump suit instead of the traditional black one she wore most of the time. When did she wear blue and for how long? I've always seen her in black.

When Baroness first debuted in the original Marvel comics (1982) and animated "MASS Device" miniseries (1983) she wore blue instead of black.

RAH_mini17.jpg
tumblr_181073b373b4fab109933f496f28582d_ce44aa2e_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer black. It's more striking with her black hair and glasses. Plus it matches Destro.

I wonder if Super 7 will be able to make Sargent Slaughter? Mattel is releasing one as part of their WWE/WWF wrestling toy line.

I love these! As a huge fan of the Sunbow cartoon, these are a must have. But I do not feel I need to be a completest and really only get those characters I dig the most. But then again, I ma jet have to get them all!!

I prefer black. It's more striking with her black hair and glasses. Plus it matches Destro.

I wonder if Super 7 will be able to make Sargent Slaughter? Mattel is releasing one as part of their WWE/WWF wrestling toy line.

Valaverse is also doing a Slaughter figure. Since it's a cross thing with Hasbro to get GI Joe I'm not sure. The Mattel release probably would be able to fit in this line more size wise.

Mattel WWE figures are pretty much 7 inch scale, but the scale can be allover the place on them. Some are much larger and some smaller than they should be. The style would also be entirely off from the Ultimates stuff.

Back