Suicide Squad 2 to be directed by James Gunn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can DC build it back up again with a good Flash, Aquaman2 and WW3? Will there be another Justice League if Affleck wants to return again and Cyborg recast?

Last edited:
Don't trust any critics. I usually try not to let the opinions of others influence my own opinion.

Can DC build it back up again with a good Flash, Aquaman2 and WW3? Will there be another Justice League if Affleck wants to return again and Cyborg recast?
That's a tall order. I don't have a problem with Miller as an actor, but this ironic, self-conscious, twitchy version of The Flash isn't doing it for me. Momoa's Aquaman .. he's got charisma and understandably the ladies love him, but ... meh ... Wonder Woman holds the most promise but not if they continue in the WW2 vein.

I didn't know who Iron Man was, outside of recognizing the name and the armour, prior to the first film. A lot of elements came together to make me care about that character. Execution, RDJ, script ...but honestly, it's easier to be impressed by fast, powerful technology with an AC/DC soundtrack than CG fish effects and a palace under the sea.

They have star power in Momoa but IMO, Aquaman can't carry a universe.

After failing to mimic the MCU, DC may have been better off investing in one-off films, but I only say that now because they seem to keep muddying the waters with every attempt. At this point I'm just confused. :LOL:

That's a tall order. I don't have a problem with Miller as an actor, but this ironic, self-conscious, twitchy version of The Flash isn't doing it for me. Momoa's Aquaman .. he's got charisma and understandably the ladies love him, but ... meh ... Wonder Woman holds the most promise but not if they continue in the WW2 vein.

I didn't know who Iron Man was, outside of recognizing the name and the armour, prior to the first film. A lot of elements came together to make me care about that character. Execution, RDJ, script ...but honestly, it's easier to be impressed by fast, powerful technology with an AC/DC soundtrack than CG fish effects and a palace under the sea.

They have star power in Momoa but IMO, Aquaman can't carry a universe.

After failing to mimic the MCU, DC may have been better off investing in one-off films, but I only say that now because they seem to keep muddying the waters with every attempt. At this point I'm just confused. :LOL:
I agree, there is no going back. I honestly think Aquaman is the best and closest to a MCU movie. I just think more people like Marvel better, but the people will come out for a fun superhero movie. If they take care of the story and character, the film will make money. But the long term connectivity in a shared universe is lost for DC at this point and you cannot rely on Batman every time to carry other character's movies. They know Batman is the heavy hitter, hence why you'll have 3 next year on film.

They know Batman is the heavy hitter, hence why you'll have 3 next year on film.
Unless Pattinson and company pull of something amazing, I think they've effectively diluted Batman for a good 10 years, drained him of his heavy-hitter-ness.

Affleck wasn't bad but he got dealt a bad hand of films. Keaton's only gonna excite a bunch of middle-aged dudes (such as myself) for 5 minutes before they figure out there's no going back to the good old days.

And I still think the clock is ticking on superhero movies. It's possible the MCU's weak Phase 4 opening salvos are only going to hurt DC because they're draining the genre of hype.

So DC's a mess and all the new Marvel offerings look to be overly dependent on legacy and the serial/soap opera effect.

Hoping this is just a lull and the studios remember how to make films exciting again.

Unless Pattinson and company pull of something amazing, I think they've effectively diluted Batman for a good 10 years, drained him of his heavy-hitter-ness.

Affleck wasn't bad but he got dealt a bad hand of films. Keaton's only gonna excite a bunch of middle-aged dudes (such as myself) for 5 minutes before they figure out there's no going back to the good old days.

And I still think the clock is ticking on superhero movies. It's possible the MCU's weak Phase 4 opening salvos are only going to hurt DC because they're draining the genre of hype.

So DC's a mess and all the new Marvel offerings look to be overly dependent on legacy and the serial/soap opera effect.

Hoping this is just a lull and the studios remember how to make films exciting again.
I think the future of F4 and X-Men will help carry interest, but this will be a lull period for sure. The multiverse stuff might get heavy handed.

Keaton's only gonna excite a bunch of middle-aged dudes (such as myself) for 5 minutes before they figure out there's no going back to the good old days.

I wish y'all could already figure that out so we could put an end to all this "let's do it again" crap.

Old Batman, Old Indy, Old Han, Old Luke... it's really getting old.

Cue the face -- 🤭

Back