Stryker2011's: JABBA THRONE ROOM CUSTOM DIORAMA (Cabinet build in progress))

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, James. The more characters I can add to this from amazing customizers such as yourself, the better. My wife has come down to the man cave several times to admire this thing, and all the characters — and she’s only ever watched the Star Wars movies once (with me, about 28 years ago).

More progress (getting near the end -- sheesh! -- Finally). The viewing frame is done, the acrylic is cut to size, and here are more behind the scenes shots of "how I did it". I had looked into hinges for this monster, but they were too damn expensive, and so I decided to cheat and use picture hangers that museums use to hang large over-sized frames and paintings. Due to the gap left (about 5/16") from the way the "picture frame mounts" work, I had to cut spacers to screw down along the edges to hide that gap. As you can see in the final image thus far, I still haven't added the acrylic -- it needs to be polished and cleaned of scratches, etc. -- and the frame itself needs to be touched up. Thoughts and criticism always welcome, of course.

IMG_9210.jpg

IMG_9212.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

IMG_9219.jpg

IMG_9220.jpg

IMG_9221.jpg

Well, I’ve been thinking of adding some sort of “plaque” to the label the whole display. I was thinking something along the lines of “The Palace (or Throne Room) of the Mighty Jabba The Hutt”, any other suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I’ve been thinking of adding some sort of “plaque” to the label the whole display. I was thinking something along the lines of “The Palace (or Throne Room) of the Mighty Jabba The Hutt”, any other suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Awesome setup! I would try "Mighty Jabba's Palace" in blue Kenner script in the top left corner and the official "Star Wars Return of the Jedi" logo in the bottom right corner.
jabba-the-hutt-2309.jpg

Last edited:
That’s an interesting idea. Someone over at a different forum suggested wording something along the lines of “The Audience Chamber of the Mighty Jabba The Hutt”

I honestly wouldn't have a plaque at all, just let the display speak for itself. And it does already, quite eloquently.

Woah that Tusken looks great! Really wish HT would release an OT Tusken.

Thanks, Chris. There are indeed many great customizers on this board — most 10x better than me. Ive learned many things from the members here, and had a lot of help from them. Woodworking was something I started doing a long time ago, but I’m still learning — so this cabinet, while not perfect (it has many flaws), it does the job. Everything about this build from the dio to the cabinet was a crap ton of trial and error — the amount of plywood wasted was double what ended up being needed.

I would fit a few smoke generators, same as those fitted to RC tanks. Turn them on for a few minutes, just to add a little to the atmosphere. The smoke will give you lovely shafts of light and give the whole setup more dramatic lighting.

That sounds pretty cool. I’ve been trying to figure out how to add sound (like Jabba talking and laughing, along with Salacious, and the band, but haven’t found anything that works — as I want to be able to push different buttons for different sound effects).

The Blitzway Ecto-1 used an MP3 player for it's siren sounds. It was up to the buyer to download them and load them into the player. You could could do the same for sound effects or even whole songs from the ROTJ soundtrack.

Back