Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the Drinker liked this season.

Hearing how long the episodes are I was expecting this to suck and totally not justify the runtimes - apparently that's not the case? I'll give it a watch so. Hopefully I can follow it because I don't remember a thing about the last 2 seasons.

Hearing how long the episodes are I was expecting this to suck and totally not justify the runtimes - apparently that's not the case? I'll give it a watch so. Hopefully I can follow it because I don't remember a thing about the last 2 seasons.

I was in the same boat. I remembered a bit, but the show does a good job of giving you flashbacks and clips that jog your memory.

I can't say there's anything that's 'filler'. With as many storylines that the show is running, some things will resonate with you more than others, but in hindsight the runtimes are a net positive.

Oddly enough, there was some glitch with my media manager, and I thought the finale was 50 minutes. It got to be what felt like an hour and a half in, I felt like checking the time, but the story was gripping enough that I couldn't/didn't want to stop. And I'm the type of person that's taking breaks though most shows and noodling around on my phone on the couch. So, that's about as ringing of an endorsement that you're going to get ;).

Hearing how long the episodes are I was expecting this to suck and totally not justify the runtimes - l that's not the case? I'll give it a watch
The runtimes are justified. There's so many different stories going on that's its needed. Of course there's always a few things here and there that they could cut out however overall, you have to commend them for pumping out over 12 hours worth of film quality content.

Stranger Things has for me been the most interesting story driven and character driven series in a long while.
What I love about this series also is the amazing soundtrack.
All 80s from all genres,especially hard rock and heavy.

#ripEddietheHero

Really looking forward to S5.

Stranger Things has for me been the most interesting story driven and character driven series in a long while.
What I love about this series also is the amazing soundtrack.
All 80s from all genres,especially hard rock and heavy.

#ripEddietheHero

Really looking forward to S5.
fab4bea9f50241cc210412d3fcd2fae453495a53.gifv

BitterSnarlingEkaltadeta-max-1mb.gif

:rock :rock2 :rock :rock2 :rock

So, yep, they’re still too afraid to kill off any main characters.

I don’t like Vecna being the big bad. The Mind Flayer has a much more eery and intimidating presence due to the mysterious and alien nature behind it; we don’t know what it is and we don’t know what it wants. Plus it just looks a million times cooler.

For S5 I hope Vecna is revealed to just be a pawn of the Mind Flayer and it tosses him aside after he either fails or fulfils his usefulness.

He actually mimed the guitar correctly (finger positions, etc). On more complex shots, they used a hand double so it looked correct. Metallica really dug the use of their song there.

So, yep, they’re still too afraid to kill off any main characters.
The Duffer Brothers addressed why they did not want to kill anyone off (yet). They wanted it to carry weight. In some sense, that is true given how deaths in Season 1 do carry weight all the way to this season.

I wasn't expecting to like this season. I was 'meh' on season 2, and hated season 3, but recognise that most people around me loved season 3 so expected this season to be more of the same. Season 4 is a lot better; I actually had fun watching it. It seems to have taken everything people liked in previous seasons, amped it up, and got a good pace in to play it and hide how goofy it all is. I do miss season 1, it was something else entirely to all other seaosns. It was more quiet and grounded approach towards the sci fi and mystery elements, there was tension and intrigue, there were characters instead of a bunch of cartoons, but once I let go of that and met season 4 where it's at with it's more scooby gang/buffy vibe, I could enjoy it. It was fun trash - like the over the top metal scene of a dude playing guitar with red lightening and bats - that was awesome! Season 4 definitely won me over, it pulled off the 'look' and nostalgic fun that the series is good at, that just didn't vibe with me in season 3.

I still HATE the russian subplot, and it just makes me still miss the more nuanced Hopper of season 1, a good cop in a sleepy town trying to do his best, because the cartoon Russia commie plot they have replaced it with was rubbish. I'm not sure how they could have pulled it off - make it more creepy? IDK. I just felt like fast forwarding through every Russia scene, I don't think I'd really miss anything of value. Glad that subplot seems to be over?

I did read somewhere that the original plan was to have season 2 of stranger things be a different mystery with a different bunch of kids, but Netflix decided it would be better to stick with the actors and characters they had. I do wish they had mixed it up each season, with the occassional cross over here and there that maybe built into something more epic in a final season or something, but if they can't do the intrigue of season 1, at least they pulled off being fun in this season.

He actually mimed the guitar correctly (finger positions, etc). On more complex shots, they used a hand double so it looked correct. Metallica really dug the use of their song there.

The Duffer Brothers addressed why they did not want to kill anyone off (yet). They wanted it to carry weight. In some sense, that is true given how deaths in Season 1 do carry weight all the way to this season.
Hopper should have died in Season 3, it would have carried plenty of weight. The entire Russia arc ended up being pointless, it didn't serve or connect to the main plot whatsoever and quite honestly it was a bit dull.

Awesome that Metallica dug it! Pretty much the perfect song for that scene.

I thought Max was going to be killed off. They were so close to going through with it - she did die for a minute. I can only imagine that her character has a big role to play in the final season.

Hopper should have died in Season 3, it would have carried plenty of weight. The entire Russia arc ended up being pointless, it didn't serve or connect to the main plot whatsoever and quite honestly it was a bit dull.
I was confused as to how they were helping the fight against Vecna by killing the demogorgons in Russia. I'm still confused to be honest. :lol

I was confused as to how they were helping the fight against Vecna by killing the demogorgons in Russia. I'm still confused to be honest. :lol
Yep, me too, they said they could help from there but did nothing :dunno. I'm sure Russia could have handled those ones.

Also who leaves a badass sword like that behind? That'd be over the mantle piece no doubt :lol

Yep, me too, they said they could help from there but did nothing :dunno. I'm sure Russia could have handled those ones.

Also who leaves a badass sword like that behind? That'd be over the mantle piece no doubt :lol
Yep, the Russians could have dealt with them. I was under the impression that they said by killing the demogorgons in Russia, it would directly help in the fight against Vecna. :dunno

They found out that El was out to fight again with Dr. Owens. They knew that creatures from the upside down had a hive mind so their logic was that if they fought there, they could probably affect what El was fighting too.

For S5 I hope Vecna is revealed to just be a pawn of the Mind Flayer and it tosses him aside after he either fails or fulfils his usefulness.

Isn't that how Dustin explained it? Vecna is the Mind Flayer's 5-star general. The Mind Flayer is still the big bad.

Back