Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my scorpion by surprise. I ordered from Storm directly and didn't get any shipping notifications. I'm pretty happy with the figure and it's articulation. Of course it would look better if it was fully seemless. To my surprise, the swords are real metal. The Kunai aren't, aside from the chain. The Skull head sculpt and a better base would of been nice, especially for the price.
Nice shots! I'm afraid I can only do this line with figures I gotta have (because too difficult to put together myself, like Baraka). That arm seam...tsk tsk tsk

We need more 1/6 scale MK stuff
We do. Klassic ninjas are the bread-n-butter of MK lineups, but who else would you like to see at this scale?

Since they're doing face-scanning these days, some of these figures could look AMAZING. Not sure who I'd go for.

We do. Klassic ninjas are the bread-n-butter of MK lineups, but who else would you like to see at this scale?

Since they're doing face-scanning these days, some of these figures could look AMAZING. Not sure who I'd go for.
I'd like to see shao kahn, shang tsung, and the ladies like kitana would be nice.

Mileena is at the top of my list. I'd probably end up getting the whole line of 6th scale. I initially had most of the one:12 line. Sold most of them. I'm trying to stick to 1/6 only.

Last edited:
Bandai charging for shipping was a glitch. Got it refunded.

The new stands they come with are being sold now on their own at BBTS. They actually look really versatile. I prefer clear to solid black so maybe I’ll use a few for dynamic Spider-Man shots or something.

AC566B92-6B7E-4D9B-9927-965E4851E029.jpeg

Currently filming my review.

These are SO MUCH fun! HOWEVER!...

Spoilers from my review: swapping out hands is a pain in the ***.

Gonna film some more tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have it up tomorrow night or Friday. Please look forward to it my fellow Kombatants!

View attachment 600826

Currently filming my review.

These are SO MUCH fun! HOWEVER!...

Spoilers from my review: swapping out hands is a pain in the ***.

Gonna film some more tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have it up tomorrow night or Friday. Please look forward to it my fellow Kombatants!
I’m noticing a lot of people getting Scorpion and Sub-Zero at the same time. I thought they would be spaced out based on estimated releases, but I’d be quite excited if they arrived together.

Good to know about the hands in advance. Especially for martial arts figures, I can see a lot of hand-swapping involved.

I’m noticing a lot of people getting Scorpion and Sub-Zero at the same time. I thought they would be spaced out based on estimated releases, but I’d be quite excited if they arrived together.

Good to know about the hands in advance. Especially for martial arts figures, I can see a lot of hand-swapping involved.

Yeah, the wrists are seriously annoying. I haven’t run into any breakage issues...but I want to warn anyone getting these: DO NOT TWIST. GET YOURSELF PLIERS AND HOT WATER/HAIR DRYER.

When you pull the hands out of the forearms, the pegs will typically follow along. And when that happens, not even Arthur can pull the peg out with his bare hands.

Don’t let this discourage you from getting the figure though. They’re still a ton of fun (most fun I had with toys in a while, aside from threezero’s naruto)...but man, those wrist pegs...

Once again: pliers and hot water/hair dryer.

Storm Collectibles posted a lot more photos on Facebook recently from an Asian fan, I believe. Lots of shots showing off their poseability and accessories in action.

I think almost all my major concerns are alleviated, and the minor issues still there I can live with.

Those ugly ass elbows are atrocious and those transparent plastic stands have no place in 1/6 territory, but... these have to be among the most poseable figures I've ever seen. And I mostly made my mind on pulling the trigger on Scorpion.

Those ugly ass elbows are atrocious and those transparent plastic stands have no place in 1/6 territory, but... these have to be among the most poseable figures I've ever seen. And I mostly made my mind on pulling the trigger on Scorpion.
I'll need to have them in-hand, and I still might have some unmet preferences, but I've sort of turned a corner on a lot of my initial hang-ups. I will always have an aesthetic preference for seamless bodies - I want them to look as realistic as possible! - but there are pros and cons of this, and I deal with the latter too. Seamless bodies are just nowhere near as durable, are prone to wear and breakage. And many 1/6th figures have severely limited articulation. As great as some of my HTs look, some are basically statues. I wish I could get really dynamic poses out of my Spider-Man 2099, but he's just not engineered that way. For characters that are defined by their athleticism and flexibility, like ninjas, it would suck if they were just stiff as a board. I don't have them, but I hear the WorldBox figures suffer from this to a degree. Great details, but you can't really get them into their iconic poses.

These look like they pull that off with ease. While I don't think they're the prettiest elbow joints around, they look significantly better than the prototypes (those looked ugly as sin, and I couldn't ever see anything other than giant, protruding "H"s). Those are the only prominently visible joints, and in the right pose are almost negligible. If it bothers me so much, maybe I'll do an arm-swap, or follow my wife's advice and just put some black stretchy fabric around the joints to hide them.

I still wish they came with more. Alternate heads are such an painful omission, no real gore effects, and while the stands are nice it would have been better with unique bases (it would have been so cool to have a base for Scorpion resembling the Netherrealm, or a snow-covered temple for Sub-Zero, etc.).

I can't wait to give a more thorough review once I get them, but the more I see of them the more impressed I am, and the more I'd want this line to continue.

I'll need to have them in-hand, and I still might have some unmet preferences, but I've sort of turned a corner on a lot of my initial hang-ups. I will always have an aesthetic preference for seamless bodies - I want them to look as realistic as possible! - but there are pros and cons of this, and I deal with the latter too. Seamless bodies are just nowhere near as durable, are prone to wear and breakage. And many 1/6th figures have severely limited articulation. As great as some of my HTs look, some are basically statues. I wish I could get really dynamic poses out of my Spider-Man 2099, but he's just not engineered that way. For characters that are defined by their athleticism and flexibility, like ninjas, it would suck if they were just stiff as a board. I don't have them, but I hear the WorldBox figures suffer from this to a degree. Great details, but you can't really get them into their iconic poses.

These look like they pull that off with ease. While I don't think they're the prettiest elbow joints around, they look significantly better than the prototypes (those looked ugly as sin, and I couldn't ever see anything other than giant, protruding "H"s). Those are the only prominently visible joints, and in the right pose are almost negligible. If it bothers me so much, maybe I'll do an arm-swap, or follow my wife's advice and just put some black stretchy fabric around the joints to hide them.

I still wish they came with more. Alternate heads are such an painful omission, no real gore effects, and while the stands are nice it would have been better with unique bases (it would have been so cool to have a base for Scorpion resembling the Netherrealm, or a snow-covered temple for Sub-Zero, etc.).

I can't wait to give a more thorough review once I get them, but the more I see of them the more impressed I am, and the more I'd want this line to continue.

Yup. One of my biggest gripes with any figure is the lack of articulation. I want to have fun with my toys. If that means it’s going to have visible joints, then so be it. Visible joints have never bothered me before. Until they can come up with “never deteriorating silicon” material for seamless arms, I’ll accept my 1/6 figures looking like larger action figures for the time being.

lack of accessories definitely holds these figures back from being “must haves”.

You’ll be satisfied with hanzo. It’s a really fun figure. You won’t regret your purchase.

I'm definitely going to be swapping seamless bodies when I get these in. Any recommendations on which TB league bodies would be best for these by chance?

I have to say that I was also reluctant to arms with exposing joints but this figure is amazing. Maybe it is still a bit smaller than a regular 1/6 figure but I don't regret buying both figures. Now the question is do i need noob saibot too? 😂
7EEDA0BC-2EBE-4605-9194-99361324AFEB.jpeg
4A3B0E58-6368-4A8D-8CC7-AF40FBB99DEC.jpeg
2268200C-E502-4D12-80C5-FA25327D2C23.jpeg

I have to say that I was also reluctant to arms with exposing joints but this figure is amazing. Maybe it is still a bit smaller than a regular 1/6 figure but I don't regret buying both figures. Now the question is do i need noob saibot too? 😂
What IS the height? I keep hearing they’re a tad short for 1/6 (which of funny that their 1/12 are oversized). It’ll bug me, but not a dealbreaker.

Back