Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noob does look really good. They seem to have even zombie-fied his skin texture a bit. That’s a nice addition. Surprised they skipped over Reptile though as he’s almost always the third ninja out. I’m sure he’ll be next. Noob being an exclusive probably had something to do with that.

Noob does look really good. They seem to have even zombie-fied his skin texture a bit. That’s a nice addition. Surprised they skipped over Reptile though as he’s almost always the third ninja out. I’m sure he’ll be next. Noob being an exclusive probably had something to do with that.
These are all MK11 designs. Reptile wasn’t in MK11. Not that they couldn’t adapt him easily enough, but I wonder how it got licensed out.

That is mostly true but just like the smaller figures, they don’t seem to be 100% accurate to any one source material. The eyes aren’t white for Scorpion but the figure kept the white eyes look. Sub Zero is a darker blue too. Noob’s eyes aren’t as stark white.

1661006745151.jpeg

The smaller figures are heavily inspired by MK II and MK 3 Ultimate so they don’t appear to be limited to one game, although the 1:6 license may differ. I guess it will all depend if Rain ends up as the next figure
1661007050823.jpeg

Or if Scorpion’s Reptile skin is enough of a loophole to offer Reptile as a figure.
1661007504897.jpeg

That is mostly true but just like the smaller figures, they don’t seem to be 100% accurate to any one source material. The eyes aren’t white for Scorpion but the figure kept the white eyes look. Sub Zero is a darker blue too. Noob’s eyes aren’t as stark white.

View attachment 595514

The smaller figures are heavily inspired by MK II and MK 3 Ultimate so they don’t appear to be limited to one game, although the 1:6 license may differ. I guess it will all depend if Rain ends up as the next figure
View attachment 595517

Or if Scorpion’s Reptile skin is enough of a loophole to offer Reptile as a figure.
View attachment 595518
Did they make Smoke like this? He's the only one I'd put out for in this scale, I prefer World Box's Sub Zero

I’m not sure. I haven’t played the game in a while but I imagine as heavily customizable as the game was and as many limited time skins there are, some version of Klassic Smoke is in there.

View attachment 595514

The main issue for me I don't even really like these looks specifically, ideally for the price they're asking they could have thrown in different mask shapes or even sculpts (white eyes vs non) to cover more bases. I don't like that SZ mask at all, I'd have to do a lot of extra work to get that figure looking the way I'd prefer (which is yes, more akin to the older games and not the rehashed "Klassic" look). Unless they end up cheap on the secondary market I won't even bother

First in hand review I’ve been able to find. Looks like they improved the appearance of the elbow joints from the prototype.

I’ll need to see a bit more thorough impressions, but some initial takeaways.

1) While I will always prefer seamless looks, the arm joints certainly do look a lot less conspicuous here. In the right pose, they may be even less noticeable.
2) It comes with a stand, which was NOT originally listed. It’s a generic clear stand, and a more personalized MK would be better, but it’s better than nothing.

I’ll need to see a bit more thorough impressions, but some initial takeaways.

1) While I will always prefer seamless looks, the arm joints certainly do look a lot less conspicuous here. In the right pose, they may be even less noticeable.
2) It comes with a stand, which was NOT originally listed. It’s a generic clear stand, and a more personalized MK would be better, but it’s better than nothing.

Maybe @Cocoboloboy can cook up something for this and Sub-Zero? A Pit looking stand would look pretty tight:dunno

The Bandai exclusives were the only ones that I heard came with a stand (fire orange for scorpion, blue ice for Sub-Zero) along with the additional bloody weapons set. Gives me hope BBTS’ Noob will also have a stand, likely these clear ones.

I would imagine if you have these posed in some sort of fighting pose, those elbows will be bent to some degree and look pretty decent. Non issue for me.

Maybe @Cocoboloboy can cook up something for this and Sub-Zero? A Pit looking stand would look pretty tight:dunno
I know nothing about this franchise but I’m making a Detolf shelf display based off this pic for a fellow Freak. It’ll basically be the walkway over that pool of slime or whatever that stuff is.

F829342B-201D-4864-9AC7-488ED64E85F8.jpeg

Haha Hopefully it hasn’t been too much of a pain. Simple enough concept but I can see how that green acid could be a pain to work on. Sounds like you may have a few others interested. :)

Acid, that’s right. I couldn’t remember what that stuff was. :giggle: I’ll do some small test pieces first and see how it turns out. I have somewhat of an idea as to how I’ll be doing it.

I know nothing about this franchise but I’m making a Detolf shelf display based off this pic for a fellow Freak. It’ll basically be the walkway over that pool of slime or whatever that stuff is.

View attachment 599589
I’m debating my plans, but I’ll probably have Scorpion and Sub-Zero facing off, and I’d like to do a Detolf diorama based either off the Tomb or Armory from MK2, or the Church from MK3.

Quick look at both for those still on the fence/trying to decide. Seems like with storm, once they sell out, that's it. So make sure you don't want them now.

Quick look at both for those still on the fence/trying to decide. Seems like with storm, once they sell out, that's it. So make sure you don't want them now.

Yeah. And that’s why I’ve been antsy for first impressions. I’m interested, but for their first foray into 1/6 with the Kombat line I want it to be worth it. I still feel the lack of alternate headsculpts, gore effects, and proper high-end stands… but if the figures are great, I’ll manage.

I heard they’re a bit on the short side. Do we have a size comparison yet?

Back