Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The US MSRP is $250. Bluefin has an exclusive version that has bloody weapons and a flame orange stand. I'm just out on this one, maybe if it goes on sale later down the line, but I'm not in at $250 if it's not a fully loaded figure.
“A flame orange stand? That might be kinda cool…”
bonus-items.jpg

…eh.

I just realized the base one doesn’t even come with a stand, does he?

I’m in agreement that this feels like it should be at the sub-$200 mark. Even the bloody weapons, as nice as they are to exist, probably should be in every version and come with actual gore effects. Having a spear that you could show going through your opponent would be great.

Even the subpar Worldbox figures managed to get some of that right.

I really dislike that most companies getting into the scale seem to t hink they can charge hot toys prices and more, when three zero still puts out affordable figures at even 100$.

I really dislike that most companies getting into the scale seem to t hink they can charge hot toys prices and more, when three zero still puts out affordable figures at even 100$.
I agree (still think the recent Power Rangers are an absolute steal at that price).

Storm has always charged high prices though, and it was a big deterrent for me getting any of their 1/12th scale figures. They sell 7” figures for upwards of $90, and those are just solid plastic. The moment I heard they’d do 1/6 with cloth goods, I knew they’d charge an arm and a leg.

I still was expecting more. More effects. More display options. Alternate heads. An included stand. Etc.

And those joints are still the ugliest elbow joints on the market.

So even if I get them, I’d likely have to do a Phicen swap or something, so that’s another cost. I’m struggling to see the value, especially compared to the competition.

Another side of me is just super happy we’re getting 1/6 figures at all, and knowing if I want them, there’s basically no other company making them.

I agree (still think the recent Power Rangers are an absolute steal at that price).

Storm has always charged high prices though, and it was a big deterrent for me getting any of their 1/12th scale figures. They sell 7” figures for upwards of $90, and those are just solid plastic. The moment I heard they’d do 1/6 with cloth goods, I knew they’d charge an arm and a leg.

I still was expecting more. More effects. More display options. Alternate heads. An included stand. Etc.

And those joints are still the ugliest elbow joints on the market.

So even if I get them, I’d likely have to do a Phicen swap or something, so that’s another cost. I’m struggling to see the value, especially compared to the competition.

Another side of me is just super happy we’re getting 1/6 figures at all, and knowing if I want them, there’s basically no other company making them.
I actually have world box's sub zero and I've seen Scorpion and Kung Lao in person, they made some top tier figures, and it's a shame they never got to Smoke, or Raiden. I'd like to see Storm take a crack at it, but they're asking too much and giving us too little. The paint is half as good as world box's the accessory count is lower, and world box charged 200$ shipped for sub zero at domestic retailers. It's honestly theft.

Maybe gametoys will take a stab at it, they at least give you bang for you buck. Not like Storm reads forums or posts criticizing them anyway,

I actually have world box's sub zero and I've seen Scorpion and Kung Lao in person, they made some top tier figures, and it's a shame they never got to Smoke, or Raiden. I'd like to see Storm take a crack at it, but they're asking too much and giving us too little. The paint is half as good as world box's the accessory count is lower, and world box charged 200$ shipped for sub zero at domestic retailers. It's honestly theft.

Maybe gametoys will take a stab at it, they at least give you bang for you buck. Not like Storm reads forums or posts criticizing them anyway,
I was checking out (and still am) the Worldbox Sub-Zero, and I love the design.

But I also know the pleather started flaking off almost instantly, the bodies weren’t great (some were deteriorating) and the proportions weren’t accurate. But I’d need to spend just as much time on these, I think.

I’m still debating whether to track down the Worldbox figure (overpriced now…) or hold out.

I was checking out (and still am) the Worldbox Sub-Zero, and I love the design.

But I also know the pleather started flaking off almost instantly, the bodies weren’t great (some were deteriorating) and the proportions weren’t accurate. But I’d need to spend just as much time on these, I think.

I’m still debating whether to track down the Worldbox figure (overpriced now…) or hold out.
the Prathe pleatger flaked? Not on mine, even if it did, the clothing is cool enough itd still look good. I feel you on p roprtions, but they did specifically fix them on subzero after backlash. I'm a huge fan of the figure myself. Odd though, worldbox bodies are durable as hell, was it early runs? i have brother subzero, which is the second or third run that comes with both a bi han and standard subzero head

the Prathe pleatger flaked? Not on mine, even if it did, the clothing is cool enough itd still look good. I feel you on p roprtions, but they did specifically fix them on subzero after backlash. I'm a huge fan of the figure myself. Odd though, worldbox bodies are durable as hell, was it early runs? i have brother subzero, which is the second or third run that comes with both a bi han and standard subzero head
I know a lot of figures had peeling pleather almost straight out of the box, and I struggle to find one on the secondary market in good condition. I think they did improve Sub in the Brother batch, but he’s even harder to track down.

I know a lot of figures had peeling pleather almost straight out of the box, and I struggle to find one on the secondary market in good condition. I think they did improve Sub in the Brother batch, but he’s even harder to track down.
Shame, well I recommend you get that one if you can, he was 200$ or less for a while since nobody knew about the line, I had and still have no peel issues, and everythign on him is top quality, worst I could say about him is that the sparkly frost fist and arm sparkles get everywhere, and I wish he came with an ice sword.

Other than that, top tier durable great looking figure.

Hey! Haven't been able to log in to the forum for years (i was using tapatalk) only just realised it is now COLLECTOR freaks 🤦‍♀️ anyway back on topic.... so happy with this kick ass line of mk figs, especially the 1/6 scorpion!

I’m fine with the joints and all that at 1/6 scale, more willing to pose them. Just feel they’re light in the accessory department. A skull, flaming or not would have been nice, or a blood effect for the spear. Hopefully something else gets added.

I'm really holding out to see their Sub-Zero in full before I make any final decisions. The two would make a great pairing on display, but Scorpion seems so bare-bones, and Sub-Zero is known for having far less accessories and weapons. That may prove to be a tough sell if he's even more stripped down than Scorpion is.

The elbows are a little unsightly, but overall he looks pretty good. Don't think I'll be dishing out the $250+ they want for it, but like others have said $200 sounds better.

I keep hoping some company will make Scorpion and Sub Zero from the new movie, loved those designs.

kombatsixth.jpg

Another shot of Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Looks like Sub-Zero comes with a frozen skull and spine, and some kunai throwing knives.
Interesting that his price is TBD and not just the same as Scorpion's yet.

They seem to be showing everything they come with, and the lack of an ice ball or ice blast effect for Sub-Zero is a huge bummer.

Last edited:
Still no blood effect... Are these 1/6 figures PG-13? lol

Liu Kang is looking pretty good tho, makes me want to continue with the 1/10 line.

I thought World Box's was pretty good for the time, unfortunately they were only a tease.

I'll only get figures from this line that I can't craft myself (Baraka for example). Most others are easy to make for the most part.

Back