Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should really do what Gametoys (an unlicensed company) is doing and give a pair of swap out arms.

This. I don't care so much that it's jointed but those are probably one of the most ugliest looking joints I've seen on a 1/6 figure.

Like damn...zero effort in at least making those joints look remotely good or smooth. Looks like build-a-figure joints. Those need to be swapped out asap because the rest of the figure looks great.

8ciEtXa.png
Those single jointed elbows are the worst of both worlds, they don't look that great anyway and they can only bend like 90 degrees

Those single jointed elbows are the worst of both worlds, they don't look that great anyway and they can only bend like 90 degrees
Maybe something like what they did with Thor, just on the arms.
s-l300.jpg

Again, not a dealbreaker. I guess it depends on how much is sculpt vs cloth.

It's not so much that it's jointed but how those joints look. They didn't even try to make it look good.

And weren't these guys supposed to make figures from the most recent movie too? Or is that dropped?

They're just sticking to their engineering. That's exactly how every elbow joint on a 1/12 Storm figure looks.

Yeah, this isn't even just an elbow, they're also keeping the bicep twirl articulation from their 1/12 figures in place. Storm prioritizes allowing their figures to achieve iconic fighting game poses.

I hope we get some Tekken in this scale.

Priced what I expected.

I still hate how the joints look. Their other 1/6 figures didn’t look so garish, but I’m sure these will be more poseable.

Outside of that and the lack of a flaming skull head, he doesn’t look bad at all. Still pretty bare bones.

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely doesn’t look $235 to me but whatever. 1/6 MK figs are slim pickens and at least he doesn’t have the bowling ball shoulders the 1/12 figs have.

Yeah I'd be happy to pay this price if it was loaded. This seems pretty bare bones for what I was expecting and how all out they go for their accessories.

Yeah I'd be happy to pay this price if it was loaded. This seems pretty bare bones for what I was expecting and how all out they go for their accessories.
Yeah I was expecting to see a bunch of blood effects and other neat things they can do with this figure but there's nothing.

Could have done some cool effects with his kunai whip. Have one end cut off early on the chain and then you can have a separate piece that would attach to the back of another figure so it looks like it's piercing them. And maybe have it be bendable so that you can pull off some cool poses with it but it looks like it's just a dangling chain.

The tailoring and costume looks great at least.

As nice as Scorpion looks, I need to see Sub-Zero in full. Scorpion at least comes with a few weapons, swords, kunai, and a fire effect.

Sub-Zero accessories live or die based on the ice effects. I’m assuming an ice axe and some ice blast effects are in the cards.

Was really hoping for swap out arms. Pass from me cause I’m not having those hideous joints on display.

Joints like that dont bother me. Figure will last forever and no fear when posing.

I do however think that not including his signature skull and flame fatality effect is very bad. A human head would have been nice but not really as important as the skull and flame. But since his skull is just a generic skull, one can probably find one online for cheap, but then again, they could have just included it.

Would have liked the MKX version which is my favorite Scorpion outfit, but this is the more classic style.

I might just get since I have wanted a 1/6 scorpion figure for a while. The Worlbox one looked ok, but I did not like that version and look unsposable.

Joints like that dont bother me. Figure will last forever and no fear when posing.

I do however think that not including his signature skull and flame fatality effect is very bad. A human head would have been nice but not really as important as the skull and flame. But since his skull is just a generic skull, one can probably find one online for cheap, but then again, they could have just included it.

Would have liked the MKX version which is my favorite Scorpion outfit, but this is the more classic style.

I might just get since I have wanted a 1/6 scorpion figure for a while. The Worlbox one looked ok, but I did not like that version and look unsposable.
I still like the designs Worldbox used, but a body swap would be mandatory. Still considering them, but prices are steep.

I think a skull head should have been included, and I’d place money on them releasing a variant with that head.

Thankfully, there are a lot of 1/6 skull options. A Ghost Rider head may do the job in a pinch.
Head-Sculpt-1-6-scale-Nicolas-Cage-Ghost-Rider-Johnny-Flame-Skull-Man-HEADSCULPT-for-12.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

The US MSRP is $250. Bluefin has an exclusive version that has bloody weapons and a flame orange stand. I'm just out on this one, maybe if it goes on sale later down the line, but I'm not in at $250 if it's not a fully loaded figure.

Back