Action Figure Storm Collectibles GOLDEN AXE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://news.toyark.com/2019/10/29/...d-red-dragon-set-by-storm-collectibles-369160

Storm Collectibles has opened up pre-orders for their upcoming Golden Axe ? Ax Battler and Red Dragon 1/12 Scale Figure Set. The figure is based on one of SEGA?s most iconic 16-bit era games, which saw releases in arcades, home consoles, and handhelds. The new figure includes two head sculpts, swap out hands, a sword, a fully articulated dragon, and a fireball for the dragon. The set is priced at $120, and is due for release in the first quarter of 2020. Pre-order below, and see photos after the jump.

Golden Axe ? Ax Battler and Red Dragon Set

Golden Axe is one of the most classic and iconic side-scrolling arcade beat ?em up game released in 1989 by Sega. This year, we are celebrating the 30th Anniversary of this legendary game of the industry. The game places the player in control of one of three warriors each bent on revenge against the vile dictator Death Adder. One of them is a male barbarian, Ax Battler, wielding a two handed broadsword looking for revenge for the murder of his mother. The force of Ax?s magic is able to cast Earth spells. The players are able to ride on the Red Dragon and fire at the enemies.

Features:
? 2 x Interchangeable Ax Battler?s Head Sculpts
? 4 x Interchangeable Pair of Hands
? 1 x Ax Battler?s Sword
? The Red Dragon (Fully Articulated)
? Fireball Effect

Golden-Axe-Storm-Ax-Battler-004.jpg

gcmLiru.jpg

Well this thread hasn't exactly been going gangbusters, but Storm posted this yesterday. Not sure if it's box samples or if it means they're produced, but excited either way. I have Ax Battler preordered already, still need to pick up some skeletons.

View attachment 484507

Well this thread hasn't exactly been going gangbusters, but Storm posted this yesterday. Not sure if it's box samples or if it means they're produced, but excited either way. I have Ax Battler preordered already, still need to pick up some skeletons.

those revoltech skeletons may make good economical skeletons lol.

D-Amazing reviewed the Storm set last week (and also the World Heroes Perfect release). It looks really great, I would've liked Ax Battler to be a little smaller, just to be more in scale with their own figures, but he still looks good and the dragon in particular looks great. Can't wait to get this one.

I got my set of skeletons in! They're really excellent for the price. Joints hold well, they're pretty light so they can stand on their own for most of the poses I tried. Sword is handled well, but the shield took a minute to get a hand to grip it correctly. It's cool they offered left and right handed shields, there's a strap/handle in the back. Offered plenty of hands for just skeletons too, 5 different pairs, fists, gripping, and then 3 other pairs with fingers in different relaxed positions.

If you're looking for skeletons for any reason don't hesitate on trying these guys. I got 4 since I'm also going to be mixing them up with Mythic Legions. (Coincidentally, there isn't a Mythic Legions thread on this board is there?)

I'd never buy these but they're great -- as a kid I wasted a lot of fun time on this game (arcade and console -- think it was Sega Genesis?) with my friends.

rHilCUe.jpg

For the 3 other people who care about Golden Axe on this site lol, Gilius is next!
he looks, kinda tall? will the price be same or will he be cheaper since obviously he is much smaller and also lacks any accessories... wish there's a removable helmet and hair sculpt.

when will the lady be released?

he looks, kinda tall? will the price be same or will he be cheaper since obviously he is much smaller and also lacks any accessories... wish there's a removable helmet and hair sculpt.

when will the lady be released?
That's just the tease pic, they didn't do the full product photo reveal yet. I'm sure there will be at least 1 more head and hands as accessories but the Chicken Leg is pretty awesome on it's own.

StormUS on Twitter was also posting teases for SDCC exclusives. One definitely looks to be Skeletons, probably the same silver variant they just had at another Con in Asia. One of the other ones could be a Death Adder variant.

Back