Storing 1/6 Figures in Storage Boxes for long period (6 months or more)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irongiant99

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm prepping for a huge move to a new house - we're going to be moving in the next 6-9 months. I'm getting ready little by little, so I started to store my 1/6 scale figures - taking them off the Detolf shelves, placing them back in their original boxes. Also, I'm putting the figures in a plastic bin that seals, keeping dust and dirt out. These plastic bins are going to be in a garage for about 6-9 months. And in the winter, it can get really cold, and in the summer, it gets humid in the garage. My question is - will my figures be safe in the extreme cold and extreme humidity? Do I need to put a couple of those Silica Gel Desiccant Moisture Absorbers in the box with my figures? Will that do the trick?

Not for extreme cold, or extreme humidity. It may or may not be an option, but if you’re going to store them for that long, I’d recommend a temperature controlled storage unit if it’s available to you. And then, yes, I would certainly use the moisture absorbers, as well. Even under the best of conditions, these so-called “High-End Collectibles” are generally made with some of the crappiest materials, and will rot, crack, flake and degrade over time (and sometimes not even that much time).

Back