Static White or Dynamic White LEDs? Mount straight down or angled?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smash

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at buying new lights at the moment and there are tons of options. I know I want a "natural/daylight" white and it sounds like it's between 4-6k. Don't want a yellow or blue tint, but every shop or listing seems to be a bit different. What do you like to use?

I've also found dynamic white lights on flexfire and other sites, that would let me set anything between 3-6k. Any reason NOT to get those?

In addition to which lights, it looks like some people are starting to use channels to mount the lights at a 45 degree angle instead of directly to the bottom of the shelf (pointing down). What are your preferences? I can't see a huge difference myself, but am curious what you all think. It seems like while angled lights the faces a bit better, you might lose some shadowing too? Anyone have comparison pics by chance?

Thanks all

I don't see what the disadvantage would be in getting dynamic white so you can find your exact preference.

I have my lights in my DETOLF cabinets horizontal at a 45 degree angle so that the light fills the whole space and doesn't create weird shadows and the like on the objects displayed within.

I also have a larger cabinet (4 feet wide) where the lights are installed vertically on each side. They are also at a 45 degree angle so that the light fills the entire cabinet and not just on the end.

Back