Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the clones are in their mid 20’s, so no chance of Tem playing them in live action anymore during this era, sadly.

But I dunno, I love animation, a lot of my favourite shows and movies are animated. I get that some people would prefer live action but to me there’s no disconnect, especially when well written.

Yeah this is pretty much where it is headed.

You can see part of how the Empire failed here too. Not even loyalty is rewarded.

In fact, for the Empire to pension clones would be an admission that their prior treatment of them was wrong. These were NOT actually "just numbers" or "just clones" or "disposable," they were actual people with lives.

Such an admission would cause Palpatine to lose face, so it wont happen. The clones will be thrown out like so many dogs being abandoned on a streetcorner.

That's some next-level evil right there. Wow.

I think realistically the best way to have gone about that is to just create a military service pension plan for the upcoming recruited military but have the first wave of payouts be for the retiring clones. Not make it especially for them but for the military as a whole going forward. That’s one of the draws of military service in our world, right? The mistake was making it Clone centric.

But these were a couple of great episodes today. More of those kind of episodes please!

I think realistically the best way to have gone about that is to just create a military service pension plan for the upcoming recruited military but have the first wave of payouts be for the retiring clones. Not make it especially for them but for the military as a whole going forward. That’s one of the draws of military service in our world, right? The mistake was making it Clone centric.
They (The Empire) can't or won't do that because as Ramatuelle, it would give Clones citizen's rights. To them, the clones were mere tools/weapons of war.

Good point. Tem would be too old to play the clones set in this era.
he would only need to voice em. for helmetless scenes have different similar looking actors play the role and basically deepfake the tem head like with Luke on Mandalorian. Costly maybe but totally doable especially if helmets stay on as much as possible.

They (The Empire) can't or won't do that because as Ramatuelle, it would give Clones citizen's rights. To them, the clones were mere tools/weapons of war.
The only ones that ever really saw and treated the Clones as people were the Jedi.

The only ones that ever really saw and treated the Clones as people were the Jedi.
Yes. It seems not even the senate considered this up until Chuchi raised it this episode.

The clones are just like droids to them.

First, I take back everything I said several posts back...these last two episodes absolutely rocked! I still just wish that the show on the whole was overall balanced a little better. I hope that now that the overall story has been a bit turbocharged here that it doesn't go back to "back of cereal box treasure hunt/race game" that we endured a few episodes back.

It was great that these two episodes were dropped together. It was like one long episode and that "second halve" really showcased how cool the batch could be when there is well-staged action for the story's sake and not just to "look cool" and fill runtime. All of the Batch had quick character moments with dialog or action that recalled the best of them. The ending had me go back and watch those Bad Batch introduction episodes in the "last" season of The Clone Wars in a new light. Rex's obsession with finding Echo comes full circle with Echo joining him to go off and find/help more Clones (ready for that spin-off to be sure!) and all of the call-backs to everything from other CW episodes and characters (even a quick cameo from a character featured in Rogue One) totally serviced the ongoing story instead of just being moments dropped in for "fans". Bale Organa's great "in the shadows" riff on Deep Throat (follow the money) was an inspired nod to the classic political thriller "All the President's Men" the made this old fan smile.

One really cool callback was seeing "Slick*" again from the first season of Clone Wars...somehow ending up out of prison and working for Rampart? That was a great scene when he recognized Rex and left the audience wondering if Rex realized who he was. A true believer indeed. Awesome stuff.

And of course that killer scene with the master manipulator Palpatine, voiced again but the great Ian McDiarmid. The whole scene was staged perfectly.
Now this is what we can get when this show is firing on all cylinders - great art, good animation, tight script and inspired performances.

I haven't wanted to rewatch episodes of this show and dig into them as much as these two. Hope they keep it up!

* -see Clone Wars Season One episode "The Hidden Enemy"

Much better BUT…

Are the soldiers defending Coruscant for the Empire not already conscripted soldiers or are they still clones?

The narrative makes no sense regardless of the answer.

If they’re already conscripted than what is the purpose of the vote.

If they’re clones than wut lol

Wouldn’t they specifically say clones who broke from Order 66 are the ones causing problems for the empire but they don’t say that.

It’s all rather convoluted and in all honesty pretty shallow of a narrative.

That senator lost her bodyguards and it was like nothing happened.

Last edited:
I watched episodes 5-8 last night...

The treasure one was tough to sit through. Wanda Sykes is terrible. Between her nails on chalkboard voice and inability to act while doing voice overs is tough to endure. It's like she's just reading from the script with barely any thought or emotion. She has no place in doing this type of show. Hopefully we never see her character again, but she checks boxes soooo.

The Wookie Jedi one was ok. At least it falls in line with the time period and Jedi on the run/in hiding and showing the subjugation of Kashyyyk rather than a pointless episode like the race one and all these failed missions that have no meaning or impact to the story.

And this weeks 2 episodes were good, especially ep8. the senator was tough to watch though. Too young and naive. And like Jye said, she didn't even care about her protectors getting killed. And too inexperienced to lead something so important. Easy to predict the outcome. And I still have to contain myself as I watch them choose who to stun and who to outright kill... :lol

Last edited:
Are the soldiers defending Coruscant for the Empire not already conscripted soldiers or are they still clones?
I believe they are now a mix. The Shock Troopers are still clones but even in Clone Wars there were non-clone law enforcement taking care of Coruscant. So I think this structure is still in place.

The vote was to allow for the expansion of the military using conscripted soldiers. If I remember correctly, prior to the war against the separatists, the Republic did not have its own army. The emergency powers granted to Palpatine during the war allowed him to create an army using clones. Now that the war is over, they needed a new bill to create a new army. With Kamino's facilities destroyed, the only option now were with conscripted soldiers.

Much better BUT…

They were using stun on them indicating they were clone brothers.

If they’re already conscripted than what is the purpose of the vote.
Clones are aging and they want younger soldiers who are better shots.

Caught up today. I liked the sixth episode and seeing Gungi again (he was in TCW as well when he and some other padawans went with Yoda and Ahsoka to retrieve their crystals for their lightsabers).

The seventh and eighth episodes were fantastic. When the show hits it really delivers. I’m personally good with having a mix of adventure of the week and story driven episodes.

Cool to see Rex and Palpatine. I wasn’t expecting Echo to stay behind with Rex and leave the Batch. Now they’re down to just the three members and Omega.

Last two were terrific. Wondering if all the filler episodes were a result of Disney mandating a certain number of episodes after Filoni had already broken the season down. We are only just halfway now, so fingers crossed it will genuinely pick up now.

And this weeks 2 episodes were good, especially ep8. the senator was tough to watch though. Too young and naive. And like Jye said, she didn't even care about her protectors getting killed. And too inexperienced to lead something so important. Easy to predict the outcome. And I still have to contain myself as I watch them choose who to stun and who to outright kill... :lol

This is (not) just me: imo, Chuchi has been far too young for what she is since her introduction. She is really cute. Substance not so much.

A thousand fan-arts later and I have trouble in seeing her as anything but what she is used as: romantic fodder paired with Fox (of all clones, truly wtf) or any number of other clones, 501st clones, Coruscant Guard clones you name it.

After what he did to Fives, Fox deserves a kick in the.... Well whatever, if not worse - but what he DONT deserve is a cute little Pantoran squeeze. Evidently Stun is not a setting on Fox's blaster and wtaf is wrong with you, Fox?! Fox just shoots to kill any old time. He should have been flogged for that, Starship Troopers style.

I dont dislike Chuchi. But take her seriously, not really. Still better than Wanda Sykes tho.

This is (not) just me: imo, Chuchi has been far too young for what she is since her introduction. She is really cute. Substance not so much.

A thousand fan-arts later and I have trouble in seeing her as anything but what she is used as: romantic fodder paired with Fox (of all clones, truly wtf) or any number of other clones, 501st clones, Coruscant Guard clones you name it.

After what he did to Fives, Fox deserves a kick in the.... Well whatever, if not worse - but what he DONT deserve is a cute little Pantoran squeeze. Evidently Stun is not a setting on Fox's blaster and wtaf is wrong with you, Fox?! Fox just shoots to kill any old time. He should have been flogged for that, Starship Troopers style.

I dont dislike Chuchi. But take her seriously, not really. Still better than Wanda Sykes tho.
I’m so confused…we haven’t seen Fox in the show? Can you explain how he’s involved with the senator?

I’m so confused…we haven’t seen Fox in the show? Can you explain how he’s involved with the senator?

Im not saying he is involved with her canonically.

Hes involved with her in about 10,000 pieces of fan-art Ive seen. Thats what im saying - this is such a fan fiction trope by now that I have trouble seeing her as anything else. 🤷 thats just me.

I did go on a bit of a tangent there, sorry.

Im not saying he is involved with her canonically.

Hes involved with her in about 10,000 pieces of fan-art Ive seen. Thats what im saying - this is such a fan fiction trope by now that I have trouble seeing her as anything else. 🤷 thats just me.
Oh, I apologize. I don’t do fan fiction/fan art stuffs so I was so confused haha

Back