Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kinda sad that this era of the Empire (clones being phased out and the birth of stormtroopers) is 'wasted' on a cartoon. I like the sinister, political machinations and think it would have played even darker in live action.

*watches both of these despite incessant interruptions from The Other Half*

Well, I'm certainly glad I bought the HT version of A Certain Someone now. Very, very glad. Because that person just might be gone.

This is much more like it. And here we had people calling for the show's cancellation just last week.

Avoiding spoilers, I was very afraid that someone else was responsible for some stuff in the first episode and much relieved that they turned out not to be the guilty party.

This show has hit a crossroads and nothing is the same any more. I am hopeful and apprehensive at the same time. It looks like we are branching off in a new direction.

I'm a few episodes behind, since the dumb waste of an episode racing one. Been hesitant to watch the last few since the chatter here has been not so positive.. Only good episode so far was the one with Cody. Glad to hear these 2 new ones are good. I now look forward to watching them this weekend.

At least/hopefully the sour as I watch the previous 2 won't get me too annoyed as I know this weeks 2 will be good... :lol

It's kinda sad that this era of the Empire (clones being phased out and the birth of stormtroopers) is 'wasted' on a cartoon. I like the sinister, political machinations and think it would have played even darker in live action.
I haven't watched these 2 new episodes, but yes, totally agree, all this transition to the Empire and phasing out clones, switching to stormies, is wasted on a cartoon. It's make a great live action series. Oh well.

If it were live action they would just mess it up.
Depends who was doing it. If it was Filoni/Favreau or Gilroy perhaps.
For those of us who don't care about the cartoon stuff, it lessens the impact of the story. The potential of what could be a phenomenal live action series.
To me personally, if it happens in a cartoon, it may as well not happen. Same with the new Disney era comics and books.
I know this stuff is "canon" and no one will agree with me, but the cartoon stuff is just cartoon stuff. It doesn't matter.
That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the cartoon stuff but I'll never put it up there with the live action stuff. I don't consider it as important or as valid as the live action stuff.
That's just me personally, I know a lot of people love these cartoons and they're just as important to them as The Mandalorian or Andor.
As I say, I can still enjoy these cartoon shows, enjoy the characters etc but
I'd have loved to have a live action series this era of the Empire.

I get it, but I feel animation is just as valid a medium as live action for storytelling. Especially when the quality of the animation has come this far over the years. It's easy to dismiss off hand but Star Wars aside, there's just so many incredible stories told through art and animation throughout history.

The episodes had a very cinematic quality like the Siege of Mandalore arc and other recent strong animated episodes from late series Rebels, TCW S7, and TBB.

And it's particularly amazing to have this direct connection between the PT/TCW era and the Dark Times/rise of the Empire era, and then subsequently to the OT. Adds even more tragedy to the PT/TCW era and even more depth to the Dark Times era. The universe and timeline are richer for it.

Political thriller is a genre well suited for Star Wars, and it's nice that we get that in a variety of forms now. It's what the senate scenes in the PT should've been.

It's just one of those things we can only agree to disagree on.
I know most fans love the cartoons and see them as just as important as live action, but I just can't.
This story of the rise of the Empire and the fate of the clones would be so much better as live action.
The cartoons are fun enough, TCW, Rebels and BB each have a handful of good episodes but I just can't take them as seriously as the live action shows and movies. They'll never be on the same tier as live action to me but that's fine with me. I can enjoy them for what they are.

If it were live action it would be like Andor and people would say it was too boring, too slow :lol

Not to mention live action would have many logistical challenges.

T. Morrison is getting on up there. How many times are we going to have to de-age him to portray a hundred younger clones? Then we would have the inevitable complaints about his acting, his alleged fatness, his this that and the other and then ppl would complain about why wasnt there a Polynesian spa back on Tipoca City.

People tore him to pieces over BoBF. Cant say that I recommend that he expose himself to more of that.

For this story animated is best. I am sorry that some view this as somehow less valid, I for one am not that strict about it. I will take decent SW any way I can get it.

Last edited:
Its looking to me like the clones are going to get nothing. They will be given ten credits each, decommissioned and basically thrown out on the street.

I hope thats not going to be what ends up happening, but it ties in with what happened in the Kenobi show.

Not to mention live action would have many logistical challenges.

T. Morrison is getting on up there. How many times are we going to have to de-age him to portray a hundred younger clones? Then we would have the inevitable complaints about his acting, his alleged fatness, his this that and the other and then ppl would complain about why wasnt there a Polynesian spa back on Tipoca City.

People tore him to pieces over BoBF. Cant say that I recommend that he expose himself to more of that.

For this story animated is best. I am sorry that some view this as somehow less valid, I for one am not that strict about it. I will take decent SW any way I can get it.
Good point. Tem would be too old to play the clones set in this era.

Its looking to me like the clones are going to get nothing. They will be given ten credits each, decommissioned and basically thrown out on the street.

I hope thats not going to be what ends up happening, but it ties in with what happened in the Kenobi show.
Yeah this is pretty much where it is headed.

You can see part of how the Empire failed here too. Not even loyalty is rewarded.

Back