Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have Hot Toys done anything to prevent their white armoured figures turning yellow over time? Is there even anything that can be done to stop it? I'm not collecting Star Wars but if I did I'd be paranoid about that. Can't stand my tiny Hasbro figures changing colour let alone expensive high end ones.
I really don't think white paint is as likely to yellow, although naturally it depends on the chemical composition of the paint and what it was sealed with.

The bare white plastic on Hasbro figures yellows as a result of bromines (fire retardants etc.) leeching up to the surface, which is actually somewhat easily rectified by a soak in hydrogen peroxide exposed to natural sunlight. The resulting chemical reaction turns it white again.

Have Hot Toys done anything to prevent their white armoured figures turning yellow over time? Is there even anything that can be done to stop it? I'm not collecting Star Wars but if I did I'd be paranoid about that. Can't stand my tiny Hasbro figures changing colour let alone expensive high end ones.
I have the original ANH stormtrooper and it’s fine. I doubt there’s much to worry about it.

I really don't think white paint is as likely to yellow, although naturally it depends on the chemical composition of the paint and what it was sealed with.

The bare white plastic on Hasbro figures yellows as a result of bromines (fire retardants etc.) leeching up to the surface, which is actually somewhat easily rectified by a soak in hydrogen peroxide exposed to natural sunlight. The resulting chemical reaction turns it white again.
Do you mean after the soak to expose to sunlight?

I’ve had 4 of the original Stormtroopers in Detolfs which sunlight hits it from the side for a few years now. No fading, no yellowing to them or any other figures.

Good last episode but Mary Sue Omega is getting annoying. She just knows how to do everything now with no pre-established back story to explain any of it. Shoot a bow, fix the ship, gives advice not even Tech thinks of, can fly really good, fix droids... and the thing is we don’t even see this progression outside of two two second scenes. She goes from being locked in Kamino as a medical assistant to helpless with the Bad Batch to know it all in a span of 14 episodes. It is a joke.

Want to see a good young female progress from helpless to badass see Clementine from Telltale’s The Walking Dead.

I watch this every 2 or 3 weeks so I can watch a few at a time. Last week was pointless & Wrecker is officially the biggest wuss on the team. Omega has more balls than he does. The Bad Batch have easily become the worst "Elite" team of troopers ever... :slap

Over the 14 episodes they went from feared and revered bad asses, to incompetent clone troopers. And why are they constantly stunning everyone!! It's like they won't kill anyone. Even after they learn the TK's are not clones. Until the end of this last episode when all of a sudden dumb ass Wrecker starts shooting to kill.. And he wasn't even with them to know the new troopers aren't clones. Makes no sense, just bad writing. It's a kiddie show so the stars and heroes cant kill. Disney mandate. Meanwhile in The Clone Wars and Rebels everyone was constantly being shot and killed.

So I guess now we have a 5th iteration of a Stormtrooper. Disney said we need to sell more toys. So Filoni gave them a bridge trooper between the Phase II Clone & the Stormtrooper. The only thing cool is the nod to the McQuarrie concept design.

And I agree, every new episode I watch I am starting to hope Omega dies in it.. :rotfl

How many more episodes of this show?

So I guess now we have a 5th iteration of a Stormtrooper. Disney said we need to sell more toys. So Filoni gave them a bridge trooper between the Phase II Clone & the Stormtrooper.
Oh FFS. Even the phase II Clone was superfluous IMO. All these different iterations to get to the ANH design and then it just stops evolving forevermore.

edit - well, unless you count the ST as canon

Last edited:
I watch this every 2 or 3 weeks so I can watch a few at a time. Last week was pointless & Wrecker is officially the biggest wuss on the team. Omega has more balls than he does. The Bad Batch have easily become the worst "Elite" team of troopers ever... :slap

Over the 14 episodes they went from feared and revered bad asses, to incompetent clone troopers. And why are they constantly stunning everyone!! It's like they won't kill anyone. Even after they learn the TK's are not clones. Until the end of this last episode when all of a sudden dumb ass Wrecker starts shooting to kill.. And he wasn't even with them to know the new troopers aren't clones. Makes no sense, just bad writing. It's a kiddie show so the stars and heroes cant kill. Disney mandate. Meanwhile in The Clone Wars and Rebels everyone was constantly being shot and killed.

So I guess now we have a 5th iteration of a Stormtrooper. Disney said we need to sell more toys. So Filoni gave them a bridge trooper between the Phase II Clone & the Stormtrooper. The only thing cool is the nod to the McQuarrie concept design.

And I agree, every new episode I watch I am starting to hope Omega dies in it.. :rotfl

Two more episodes. I hope you’re ready for her to show up in Book of Boba.

Im kinda frustrated why most of them were using stun-mode all the time with the exception of Wrecker.

Im kinda frustrated why most of them were using stun-mode all the time with the exception of Wrecker.
The didn't wanna kill their brothers, and they were already using it before they found out they were just regular enlistees. Wrecker doesn't care either way though he just likes to kill and blow **** up.

Do you mean after the soak to expose to sunlight?
During, needs to be totally submerged. Pale winter sunlight can work, but direct sunlight in the summer will turbo-charge it. You'll see tiny bubbles form on the surfaces. I got the pharmacist to mix me up 7% hydrogen peroxide to speed up the process. Just note that the substance is mildly caustic so watch your eyes and wear gloves.

*EDIT: won't hurt paint or plastic, just stings skin if left on for long.

They stunned A LOT of Stormtroopers in Rebels. They even let a deadly assassin go free. That was under Disney control and it really shows.

As far the stormy armor, I’m a fan. Phase I Stormtrooper armor is pretty awesome.

The Youtube algorithm revealed clone commandos in Bad Batch! Hot Toys, cancel Crosshair and make the clone commandos! Where is Boss, Fixer and Sev? All would be bought.

10qwigi5mhf31.jpg

Back