Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank god lol

So Omega was always a waste of narrative time as was this clone team?

It was about the journey and we actually saw a lot take place during an interesting era of Star Wars that can always use more story.

How much you enjoyed that journey partly depends on how much you liked the characters. I grew to like them all a lot so I’ve been invested in them.

There were some not great filler episodes but overall I think the show is a net positive for The Clone Wars, Clones, early Empire, and Dark Times storytelling and world building.

What can you mean, I want any Wolffe HT will give me. From fresh-from-the-cloning-jar babe to old man living in the ruins of an AT-AT, I will take any and all of them.

What makes if a waste of time? Not everything needs to connect to some larger story.
But they keep giving us all of these super important events with super important characters that are never to be mentioned ever again in the main movies.

But to make matters even worse the characters they should provide a back story too like SNOKE is not mentioned.

Ass backwards they are lol

All-righty you YEAR OF THE BAT heretic, the Batman thread is over there --------------------->

But seriously, jokes aside the point here - or one of them - is world building and expanded understanding of the Dark Times, which this show has done pretty well. The Empire is even worse than we knew.

Have we not heard enough about Snoke? I dont even want to think about the sequel trilogy. What is going on in this show is bad enough. We have more than one Dr. Mengele on the loose. Mengele crossed with the Scarecrow, in fact. Nice. We'll be delving into Snoke in "Mando." And thats more than enough.

This show is for people who care what happens to the clones. Not everyone does, just like there's plenty of SW stuff i'm not too wild about either. Can relate. If you care about the clones, this is horrifying to you. If you dont, cool - but you probably wont have a good time with this show.

LOOK WHILE YOU CAN

[link removed, they took the vid down]

AW JAM IT they took it down. Sorry. :(

It looks like the team is assembling all the Greatest Hits to bring on this last mission.

Last edited:
I predict Omega will show up fully grown up in one of these live action series. :lol

I think this is being done to facilitate that, to be honest. Because I could SWEAR I saw that the original plan for this show was 4-5 seasons. They have other things they want to do with her, bet on it. They want to jump her to adulthood.

I really dont want her in live action, they'll just ruin her. Zero trust for live actions shows over here rn.
["She's ruined now, lol!" some of you are thinking, and yeah, okay I get that some don't like her. She'll be worse in live action though.]

The cutoff at three seasons suddenly makes some stuff Hot Toys is doing recently make a lot more sense. We probably wont see Season 3 till 2025 at the earliest, but even so HT is going to want the entire team OUT and ready, because they will be harder to sell when this show ends. And so, we are about to get Crosshair [yay!] I still want all of them, now more than ever really. But the Casuals crowd might not, once this is over.

To me, if you're a legend you're a legend. I still want figures of people I care about, whether they're "current" or not. I am keeping my two Mando figures despite the fact that imo, this show is basically over for me. Both figures are extraordinary [imo], Mando brought me back to SW and the show brought Fett out of the sarlacc. So im keeping them despite current events. I'll still want the Batch on my shelves, too.

It amuses me that almost everyone in my display cabinets "knows" each other well.

And I'm going to just say this. I think how Disney handles these trailers [for all shows] is beyond stupid. Why do you want people's first view of your new product to be a potato-quality vid showing a half screen and with fuzzy sound?

I get that they want things to be exclusive to cons like this, to get people in the gate and justify the admission price. Okay, fair enough. But why not show a soft release of the footage six months from now? Who would that hurt? Would it hurt people who live across the country, cannot drop everything on a dime to attend and cant afford the $5000 travel/entry fee/other expenses total price tag to be able to see it later? We just dont deserve to see, I guess.

But we're -gonna- see that footage, and try as you may you cannot stop us. Happens every single time.

One more for the road, then we let this thread go dormant till next year:

Double tap time.

086ebc2c-f961-48a7-b82b-0ff0678d6c6a.jpeg

As a life long Star Wars > Star Trek person one thing i’ll give ST over SW is that as an adult ST doesn’t force me to watch cartoons so that I comprehend the entire narrative or else i’m screwed knowing who these characters are.

How the hell as an adult can you be at peace with yourself watching Rebels which looks like Handy Manny lol

I mean I get why Disney does it it’s actually smarter business wise then Paramount does with Star Trek because Disney is capturing you into the narrative spider web right away forcing all ages to jump into the SW brand owning you from child into adulthood.

But FML I really have to watch Little Einsteins meets Handy Manny just so who I know who these Rebel characters are. :gah:

To some extent that also applies to the CW animated but Rebels is cringe looking.

I mean can you imagine 4 adult dudes watching Rebels on a couch lol

For what it's worth, there hasn't been much that's made me cry real emotional tears over the last many years. I'm talking like Boromir/Snape death emotional moments. Maybe I'm just hardened and cynical these days. In any case, Rebels actually has one of those scenes. I cried real, genuine tears. Probably the only time Star Wars will get that out of me.

Anyway, I wouldn't write off Rebels solely because it's an animated show and looks more cartoony than Clone Wars. It's great storytelling. The first season, like Clone Wars, isn't great from an adult's standpoint. The second season improves. Seasons 3 and 4 are excellent.

Filoni told an excellent story with a lot of cool stuff in it. The actual formation of the Rebel Alliance. Ahsoka realizing who Vader is. Bo-Katan's rise to the leader of Mandalore. Maul's last days. Thrawn. Rex. Mon Mothma. Grand Inquisitor.

I watched it with my wife when we had nothing better to do during the pandemic and we have no regrets.

*reads Jyes post*

Bro WHO CARES ABOUT REBELS I certainly dont. In fact I hate Rebels with a passionate hatred.

Watch what you like and if you somehow need more info, theres Wookieepedia and Youtube right there. No fuss no stress. In this case I have seen Rogue One and there you go.

TBB is not hard to watch and the references are not obscure. In this case Saw G. needs to be kicked off the edge of Cloud City with no parachute. Kinda like he in essence did to Tech, just higher up. If its not for you, so be it. Like Rebels isnt for me.

I mean can you imagine 4 adult dudes watching Rebels on a couch lol

*closes eyes and remembers - fuzzy fade in to memory*

<<<Me, My brother, my buddy Rob, and my son sitting on my couch watching Rebels>>>

*Fuzzy fade back to reality - opens eyes*

... Yep ....

:lecture

Back