Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting a little disenchanted after the last two episodes. The cuddly rancor and the SJW sisters are doing me in.

Not liking the "Cid" character at all. Irritating voice takes me back to the obnoxious sidekick droid in Solo.

The batch is looking more incompetent by the week, Omega is rapidly becoming a Mary Sue. Can master a weapon almost half her size after a bit of target practice and a couple of lines of advice. The "sisters" (the most irritating element of the CW final season) show up and have more focus than the batch themselves. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they have their own show.

The strangest thing about this week's episode was having Wrecker smack his head YET AGAIN and while it seemed like he was about to be overwhelmed by the effects of the chip, a few scenes later he was back to his old self, no clue that anything had happened. What?!?

The factory sequence felt more like filler than genuinely exciting. It all LOOKS great, the animation and backgrounds are eye-catching and well-rendered.

I'll stick with it for now, but I hope this couple of episodes end up being a bump in the road and not a sign of creative fatigue already setting in.

You just wait for NU Han in the ANH reboot

FD96521E-C1D5-4134-A745-BE4A1541EAC3.jpeg

I'm getting a little disenchanted after the last two episodes. The cuddly rancor and the SJW sisters are doing me in.

Not liking the "Cid" character at all. Irritating voice takes me back to the obnoxious sidekick droid in Solo.

The batch is looking more incompetent by the week, Omega is rapidly becoming a Mary Sue. Can master a weapon almost half her size after a bit of target practice and a couple of lines of advice. The "sisters" (the most irritating element of the CW final season) show up and have more focus than the batch themselves. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they have their own show.

The strangest thing about this week's episode was having Wrecker smack his head YET AGAIN and while it seemed like he was about to be overwhelmed by the effects of the chip, a few scenes later he was back to his old self, no clue that anything had happened. What?!?

The factory sequence felt more like filler than genuinely exciting. It all LOOKS great, the animation and backgrounds are eye-catching and well-rendered.

I'll stick with it for now, but I hope this couple of episodes end up being a bump in the road and not a sign of creative fatigue already setting in.

I agree. Last two episodes have been ultimately meh. Hopefully this is just the calm before the storm and the show picks up.

The Elite Clone Trooper vibe is lost when the kid saves your collective asses every week. Not seeing why this series was needed. Just another vehicle for a Disney princess.

This was another of those more atmospheric episodes.

The creaking and rumbling of the wrecked ship, the unsettling soundtrack, the watcher in the water...

Reminded me of the old Tomb Raider game when Lara's running around an old creaking wreck.

It's hard to tell what it is, but it did appear to have less tentacles than a Rathtar, and I didn't see the two with the flipper-shaped ends.

If it was a Dianoga it was upside in the water, with its eye stalk pointing downward.

Dianoga is the most likely candidate based on it its location and what we could see of it.

This episode was better than the last two. At least things moved forward a bit, it looked great and Rex's appearance was important to the plot instead of just more stunt character placement. Now that the chips have been removed from the equation, it could be interesting to see if these troopers exhibit a little more free will or stay in the familiar routine of applying their enhanced abilities towards helping the budding empire.

About those chips....I have never cared for that particular gimmick in "explaining" the clones compliance to Order 66. It seemed too conventional a plot device and having it always undercut the true horror of the clone's existence. I found how Lucas presented them in AOTC much more tragic and terrifying. These soldiers are manufactured product with everything from their lifespans to their free will genetically manipulated to serve a specific end. There was no future for these soldiers...they were as expendable and made to fulfill a singular purpose, fighting for the Grand Army of the Republic.
It's what made Palpatine's machinations more insidious, having living beings created that the Jedi would have to command and become attached to.
That defining moment in ROTS when Sidious initiates Order 66 and Cody, moments after returning his General's weapon to him orders the cannon to fire on him is gut-wrentching because of the lack of will involved. The chips are like a "get out of jail free card", wiping away any sense of terror and tragedy by having something that can just change the game just by turning them off or removing them. Including them as a plot device is a cop-out.

I realize that having a completely hopeless situation with characters in a show with a primary audience of impressionable children is not going to happen.
Here's hoping that now that the chips are gone, we get to see the squad change and grow in some interesting and unpredictable ways.

For now, I'm still in with the Bad Batch.

Back