Star Wars: Skeleton Crew

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...a group of kids lost in the Star Wars galaxy trying to find their way home.
The series ends with...

anakin-starwars.gif

Vader: "How did I miss you ten rugrats?!?"​

Why must they ruin adult licenses with dumb kids?!

sdcc2011_cosplay-016.jpg

I used to walk into my local grocery store, and wonder to myself, "Who is buying all these Hot Pockets? They never seem to stay on the shelf for long...."

I feel like the root answer to my question is the same root answer to your question.

Andor hasn't even gotten a figure yet and you think we're gonna get a figure of Judge Law from this show that nobody cares about?
Nobody cared about Andor, and constantly asked why it was being made because no one asked for it.....till it came out and was good.

It's amusing how Lucasfilm just canned a bunch of movies people actually wanted to see and stated how they needed to be more careful in their production selection in the future. There's also some news that internally Lucasfilm is very disappointed with the performance of season 3 of Mando so far as viewership is down.

Those two things coupled with this show still going full steam ahead is pretty hilarious. I may tune in for Jude Law depending on how much the trailer piques my interest. But overall I can't ever recall a situation where anyone was as committed to destroying a brand as Disney is committed to shooting themselves in the foot with the future of this franchise.

The MCU and Star Wars should have been printing money for Disney.

The MCU and Star Wars should have been printing money for Disney.
They do. There was a time that everything SW and Marvel that came out made a billion or close to it. That's just the movies, the merchandise and everything else....they are still printing money off those two IPs. Do they make as much now? No, but they still bring in enough money to keep making product.

Unless you have some sort of metrics to back up your statement, I'm going to have to go with....not really.
My source is 0 people + me = 1 for Andor.

My point remains, nothing is getting made from this show.

Oversaturation with poor quality product will make consumers stop purchasing said product and go elsewhere.
Exactly. For me its more oversaturation. I'm just tired of Comic movies and Star Wars. I don't care if the product is good or not, I'm just not interested in seeing them. I want to watch something different IP wise, or something new all together.

My source is 0 people + me = 1 for Andor.

My point remains, nothing is getting made from this show.
That remains to be seen.

Hot Toys have made out of left field choices before. Plus there is always the 3rd party stuff which has been getting a lot better recently. Better believe if Hot Toys leaves something on the table someone will come in and make a bootleg for a quick buck.

That remains to be seen.

Hot Toys have made out of left field choices before. Plus there is always the 3rd party stuff which has been getting a lot better recently. Better believe if Hot Toys leaves something on the table someone will come in and make a bootleg for a quick buck.
They didn't even use Andor as an excuse to rerelease a Stormtrooper.

Third party don't really touch Star Wars.

They didn't even use Andor as an excuse to rerelease a Stormtrooper.

Third party don't really touch Star Wars.
They also didn't really touch Marvel either. Now though different storry. Give it time,

Why would they release another Stormtrooper when they had them some sitting in warehouses from Mando?

Point is we don't even know what type of show Skeleton Crew will be. It maybe one that they will want to make figures for, or it might not. To base one off the other doesn't make sense.

They also didn't really touch Marvel either. Now though different storry. Give it time,
It’d been a long time already.
Why would they release another Stormtrooper when they had them some sitting in warehouses from Mando?
There hasn’t been a generic plain stormtrooper in years, I’m not counting the commander.
Point is we don't even know what type of show Skeleton Crew will be. It maybe one that they will want to make figures for, or it might not. To base one off the other doesn't make sense.
I just don’t see it happening lol, no one gave a **** about Andor and the viewership reflects that; the merchandise reflects the viewership and hype, there really isn’t much out there.

I don’t see this one doing much better. Space Babysitter Jude Law isn’t likely to be a huge cash cow. Especially when even Mandos viewership and ratings are falling off.

Keep up the optimism I suppose.

It’d been a long time already.

There hasn’t been a generic plain stormtrooper in years, I’m not counting the commander.

I just don’t see it happening lol, no one gave a **** about Andor and the viewership reflects that; the merchandise reflects the viewership and hype, there really isn’t much out there.

I don’t see this one doing much better. Space Babysitter Jude Law isn’t likely to be a huge cash cow. Especially when even Mandos viewership and ratings are falling off.

Keep up the optimism I suppose.

A long time? Maybe its just my perception but 3rd parties have just started ramping up fairly recently in both quality, and production, at a reasonable price. How quickly do you expect them to move? Hot Toys takes a year and a half after the movie/show was released to make a figure. Andor came out a few months ago. Give them time.

You take the pauldron off the Commander and boom. Plain Stormtrooper. It doesn't matter what you consider counting. Fact is there is a Stormtrooper available right now. It hasn't been years.

As you illustrated above your "no one" consists of you in your numbers, so your one opinion doesn't reflect "no one, or everyone" If no one cared, then I guess all the people in the Andor topic singing its praises, just don't exist to you either like the Trooper with a pauldron.

If Merch is your metric for success then I guess Maverick was a complete bomb.

Admittingly, I haven't been watching Mando either, but I'm curious where you are getting your numbers that viewership is down. Not that it's really surprising that it's down, it's a normal cycle of life for a TV show to lose viewership as time goes on.

I'd rather be neutral or optimistic at something I haven't seen, then be a pessimist and go into something with a predetermined opinion that I'm going to have a bad time. I don't know why someone would rather just hate on something without even seeing it.

Back