Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok but hold on for a second.

I hate “the message” as much as anyone else BUT….

The movies and TV shows weren’t free to make.

They didn’t just pay 4 billion for the brand and then their financial responsibilities were all done, heck no, they also paid a **** ton of money to make and market those movies and TV shows.

Now had they NOT spent a penny to make any of those movies and TV shows and then still not made a proper ROI THEN I would go ahead and say that they are failing miserably.

Last edited:
Ok but hold on for a second.

I hate “the message” as much as anyone else BUT….

The movies and TV shows weren’t free to make.

They didn’t just pay 4 billion for the brand and then their financial responsibilities were all done, heck no, they also paid a **** ton of money to make and market those movies and TV shows.

Now had they NOT spent a penny to make any of those movies and TV shows and then still not made a proper ROI THEN I would go ahead and say that they are failing miserably.
After 5 movies, multiple lines of merch and what, 7 shows? They should be making profit by now.

They took what was once the most profitable franchise and made movies that alienated and divided audiences resulting in diminishing returns (sequel trilogy) or bombed (solo), made shows that lowered the brand further sending some people to the point of brand apathy (BOBF, Kenobi, Mando s3, Ahsoka), the merch based on those sub par entries sold so poorly that the very bread and butter of merch, the star wars figure line under Hasbro, was almost non existent by the time of Rise of Skywalker and the mess was a primary reason Toys R Us died.

The brand purchase should have been profitable already, it is not, and the more damage they do to the brand the less likely it will ever result in profit as more projects bomb and more merch sits in discount stores.

The fact is, in their drive to change the star wars brand to fit their own ideals Disney is failing their financial responsibilities. They know what would make profit. High republic crap ain't it, but that is what they are pushing with now a high republic based show due to release. They took the most beloved boys brand (that girls already loved too) and tried to appeal to a different (non loyal) audience while injecting their socio political ideology into it. The brand is failing as a result and currently is laid in a hospital bed in critical condition, the doctors unsure if it will pull through or if it will continue to spiral into death, delayed only by life support machines.

Last edited:
Back