Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered the exclusive deluxe edition. Used $50 in rewards points to get the price down somewhat.

Great looking figure with the battle damage plus the normal parts and the capper of it being powered by USB so I can actually use the light up features. Should be an awesome release.

Plus I was due for a new Vader anyways seeing as how I only have original ANH version.

This may be my definitive version of Vader and possibly the last one I buy. Not sure that I’ll feel the need for the ROTJ version.
Exclusive DX Deluxe Special Edition.

Doubtful that the new body will be bigger. It would have to be a newly developed body. The ANH Vaders use the Man of Steel body which is one of the biggest bodies they have while the Rogue One Vader uses the smaller Christopher Reeve Superman body. Judging by how thin the arms look on this one, I'd say it's probably also on the Reeve body.

So the Rogue One Vader figure is shorter than the ANH Vader figure? I wasn't aware of the base bodies were being used.

ROTJ anniversary is next year, now I wonder if HT will put two Vaders on the market at the same time. I hope they pause the release of ROTJ Vader until after this sells through make us more murder bears.

That'll be Hayden getting his film roles mixed up.

p173063_p_v8_az.jpg

I might be one of the few, but I’m going to hold off on this one for now and wait to see if we get the ROTJ soon.
The sculpt looks awesome, but the rest of the figure just doesn’t look all that battle damaged which is what I truly want.
And as someone mentioned already it’s probably due to the figure serving as both a clean and BD Vader.
I think this is a case where this should have been 2 separate releases.

I might be one of the few, but I’m going to hold off on this one for now and wait to see if we get the ROTJ soon.
The sculpt looks awesome, but the rest of the figure just doesn’t look all that battle damaged which is what I truly want.
And as someone mentioned already it’s probably due to the figure serving as both a clean and BD Vader.

They did that with the Ironman Mk85. The BD version has some shiny clean parts too.

I just imagined that in the darkness we didn’t see that Vader was using the force to deflect all of the rocks being thrown at him.

Definitely a figure I want BUT I’m not going to pretend that there’s not going to be a ROTJ Vader right around the corner, just as @echo1126 is. I feel like I personally only need one Vader in my collection, and ROTJ is just the far more iconic version.

Can anyone with other Vader figures offer some reassurance about flaking? Is it inevitable with this pleather material or is it not too big a problem outside of humid areas/dynamic poses?

No issues on any of my pleather. Rogue one and 1/4 are in museum poses and still look brand new. 40th is boxed but I assume fine. I try to keep humidity around 40-50% though. @Enkinen

So the Rogue One Vader figure is shorter than the ANH Vader figure? I wasn't aware of the base bodies were being used.
Not sure if the RO body is shorter as it could have ankle extenders to make it the right hight as it would need modified lower legs to accept the unique ankle joints that the Vader boots use. But from the knees up, it’s the Reeve body. I guess I should’ve been more clear when I said “bigger” as I meant overall bulk rather than height. The only HT Vader I’ve ever owned is the original ANH but I kept an eye on the bodies since they were usually the MoS body which is good for custom superhero figures. That’s how I know the RO body is the Reeve body

For the people complaining about the lack of battle damage.. I don’t really get it. I’ve watched the scene and the amount of damage the figure has seems accurate to the scene.
For what it’s worth, yes it’s accurate to the show, although I still think the rock assault should have messed him up more and given us something more like the Mythos level of battle damage. Although it does show how good Vader’s armor is against anything not a lightsaber.

Going off what Butt (lol) just said I just rewatched the scene of Vader getting pelted by the boulders YES boulders!

He was definitely using the force for protection because it did NOT damage his costume AT ALL so the figure is accurate! :yess:

You can clearly see Vader getting slammed by a ton of boulders but it was only on his left side he had his arm up they were mostly hitting his left arm and left torso.

Yes all the boulders were making contact but it’s obvious he was using the force because he clearly walked away from that with his costume fully intact!

Plus his costume is some super bad ass kevlar mixed with carbon fiber because only a saber can damage it certainly not rocks, Ewoks would be ****** lol

Can anyone with other Vader figures offer some reassurance about flaking? Is it inevitable with this pleather material or is it not too big a problem outside of humid areas/dynamic poses?
I have too many HT Vaders ( ANH, W/ Tarkin version, ESB) and no problems with any of em. Pleather or anything else.

Back