Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How I wish, the special edition give us a half unmasked hayden sculpt, rather those cheap hologram thing

View attachment 591079

The clean unmasked head could be the same mold with the revealed half damaged head, with different paint
I can't see them doing even that much work for a special edition throw-in. Now, had they included it in the deluxe, maybe. Although that would've bumped the price up even more...

Definite PO! Glad I held off getting a Vader until now. The cape could have benefitted from some scorch marks. The cut looks too clean but I'm nitpicking.
obi-wan-kenobi1x06_1633.jpg

Honestly don't care if they even included that battle damage cape or not. Zero reason I'll ever have Vader's ass pointed towards the front when on display to even see that thing.

Very cool looking figure, but I'll be passing. I'm in no mood to pay for an extra deluxe release for the regular look, and there'll be tons more Vaders coming. Next year we'll get a ROTJ one, probably one from Ahsoka, there are rumours about a Vader solo series, and of course the one I'm waiting for, the ROTS version with a Crispy Hayden sculpt. It'll be a long wait, and this is very tempting, but I only need one Vader so the BD look isn't getting me to cave in. Also, I hope that by the 2025 ROTS Vader they'll be using real leather, so I'm willing to wait. And wait. And wait...

Again though, very cool release. After all the subpar nonsense, finally something great.

Honestly don't care if they even included that battle damage cape or not. Zero reason I'll ever have Vader's ass pointed towards the front when on display to even see that thing.
Kenobi will be the one with his back turned so we don’t need to see that horrible face.

Now, who's going to find a way to put a dim red light in that portrait for the ultimate effect?
I’m psyched that my current room lighting would be perfect for this scene…

now I just need to keep the same setup until 2024 when this arrives 😂🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 4A9073B4-D37C-4960-81AE-C994E4438466.jpeg
    4A9073B4-D37C-4960-81AE-C994E4438466.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 48C4CE75-5736-4920-B832-94EA2729757A.jpeg
    48C4CE75-5736-4920-B832-94EA2729757A.jpeg
    517.3 KB · Views: 0
Definitely going to have to do some non-destructive weathering to that shoulder/chest armour. Looks terrible with massive damage to the breathing unit and helmet, then pristine armour in between. Should be possible with some weathering pastels which will take the shine off the chest armour at least.

I get it that they want the 2 versions here. But hate when Hot Toys does that. Endgame Iron Man was like that in some places.

View attachment 591086
Agreed, he definitely needs some extra weathering and battle-damage, and even the helmet looks like it could be scuffed up a bit more. And maybe some flickering lights added to the chest box as well.

Can't wait to start modding this guy.

I imagine it's accurate to the show, but it's an odd way for the chest panel to have been damaged from (IIRC) having the pommel of a lightsaber handle smashed into it. It looks more slashed.

I do really wish they'd ditch that thick padded RO cod piece though. Pretty sure he just had the standard OT style one on the show.

Yeah I bought the ANH cod piece for my RO Vader. It's distractingly large.

This is also a DX...? Listed at the bottom. So how does a DX have a deluxe?

DX (new) Bespin Luke and Ahsoka both had deluxes; the first Maul had the Sith Speeder version but I guess that's a little different being a whole vehicle.

Definite PO! Glad I held off getting a Vader until now. The cape could have benefitted from some scorch marks. The cut looks too clean but I'm nitpicking.View attachment 591091

The BD helmet and chest piece would've looked better with scorch paint work too.

Back