Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Vader Hot Toys has made so far is truly accurate (and this goes for most other characters to). They all miss something, big or small. Some of us wish to see HT being more interested in accuracy, but on the other hand we need to realize that their figures will sell, either way, no matter accuracy.
Sculpt inaccuracies aside (and there are numerous on all the HT helmets, from insect-face ANH to button nose and lower eyelids on the ESB,) one of the key problems with the HT Vader helmets is they are oversized, apparently sized to match the usually oversized height of the figures.

In some ways I'm glad this release's helmet is just a re-use of existing molds and they do the all-new helmet sculpt on a new DX ANH or ESB Vader at some point. All the outfit variations aside, those two are the gold standard iconic Vader looks.

Same situation here man - I'm (usually) a "one and done" collector and only want 1 "definitive" version of Vader in my collection, I have avoided the Star Wars Black Hole successfully so far, a while back I (with the helpful enabling advice of this forum :ROFLMAO: ) bought my first figure in this line of the Mandalorian and the Child deluxe pack and haven't gone deeper yet. Nevertheless I have been looking for a Vader to go with them as I like the character, love the design and think he is such an iconic character I want him in the collection - so I've also been looking for a definitive Vader.

So, naturally, I am the furthest possible thing from an expert, but if you want the opinion of someone in similar shoes to yourself who is a somewhat casual fan of the Star Wars universe I am happy to throw in my 2 cents.
I think I will pre-order the Deluxe package of this figure - it comes with both head sculpts which I really like as it has more options to allow me to display a classic Vader, I also really like the Battle-damaged sculpt because it gives a hint to the man beneath the armour without ditching the iconic helmet entirely like in ROTJ (and speaking for myself I think Vader doesn't look good, cool or intimidating in that scene - but more like a wounded Uncle Fester - not an option I want to display), the glimpse of his face we see in this figure looks especially evil which I love, Hayden Christiansen has portrayed Anakin/Vader longer than any other actor at this point (other than James Earl Jones' voice - but you can hardly capture that in 1/6!) and is in the canon considered the "true" man beneath the armour so I am happy to have his likeness be the one peeking through the armour, I really like the idea of the USB light-up effects, he comes with a fairly decent number of accessories including 2 pretty damn good looking bases (in my opinion).

Now I am not some die-hard fan who will notice if a very minor detail is from a certain film or not, to me most Vaders look pretty much the same unless I really study some pictures, but what I see here impresses me.
Does that make this a definitive Vader? Maybe, if like myself you want a Vader who represents the character in general, rather than one that characterizes a singular moment in time perfectly.
The problem is that I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect Vader and there never will be - because everyones idea of a perfect Vader differs, in fact the only thing I think most agree on is a real leather suit - which I doubt HT would ever make and if they did it would be years from now and cost a fortune and STILL would have something preventing it from being "perfect" in some die-hard Star Wars fans eyes.
So you may be waiting for not only a long time, but forever.
But that may just be me.

Completely agree with you mate.

Also agree, OT Vader is going to be light on accessories and alternate looks aside from the Shaw helmetless look (which I do not like at all) which again is why I am drawn to this offering.

This.

I'm pretty green compared to most folks here having only started in 2016, but I never thought I'd get a Vader due to all the reasons stated above.

Totally hit the nail on the head, and yes, this was a day one preorder for me.

Same situation here man - I'm (usually) a "one and done" collector and only want 1 "definitive" version of Vader in my collection, I have avoided the Star Wars Black Hole successfully so far, a while back I (with the helpful enabling advice of this forum :ROFLMAO: ) bought my first figure in this line of the Mandalorian and the Child deluxe pack and haven't gone deeper yet. Nevertheless I have been looking for a Vader to go with them as I like the character, love the design and think he is such an iconic character I want him in the collection - so I've also been looking for a definitive Vader.

So, naturally, I am the furthest possible thing from an expert, but if you want the opinion of someone in similar shoes to yourself who is a somewhat casual fan of the Star Wars universe I am happy to throw in my 2 cents.
I think I will pre-order the Deluxe package of this figure - it comes with both head sculpts which I really like as it has more options to allow me to display a classic Vader, I also really like the Battle-damaged sculpt because it gives a hint to the man beneath the armour without ditching the iconic helmet entirely like in ROTJ (and speaking for myself I think Vader doesn't look good, cool or intimidating in that scene - but more like a wounded Uncle Fester - not an option I want to display), the glimpse of his face we see in this figure looks especially evil which I love, Hayden Christiansen has portrayed Anakin/Vader longer than any other actor at this point (other than James Earl Jones' voice - but you can hardly capture that in 1/6!) and is in the canon considered the "true" man beneath the armour so I am happy to have his likeness be the one peeking through the armour, I really like the idea of the USB light-up effects, he comes with a fairly decent number of accessories including 2 pretty damn good looking bases (in my opinion).

Now I am not some die-hard fan who will notice if a very minor detail is from a certain film or not, to me most Vaders look pretty much the same unless I really study some pictures, but what I see here impresses me.
Does that make this a definitive Vader? Maybe, if like myself you want a Vader who represents the character in general, rather than one that characterizes a singular moment in time perfectly.
The problem is that I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect Vader and there never will be - because everyones idea of a perfect Vader differs, in fact the only thing I think most agree on is a real leather suit - which I doubt HT would ever make and if they did it would be years from now and cost a fortune and STILL would have something preventing it from being "perfect" in some die-hard Star Wars fans eyes.
So you may be waiting for not only a long time, but forever.
But that may just be me.

Completely agree with you mate.

Also agree, OT Vader is going to be light on accessories and alternate looks aside from the Shaw helmetless look (which I do not like at all) which again is why I am drawn to this offering.
I feel the same way. ROTJ Vader face reveal doesn’t look meancing. He looks sad and defeated. That’s not the Vader I want to display. This version just looks so badass that I want this Vader on my shelf. Mind you I hated the Obi Wan show and love ROTJ, but for a Vader figure, this one will be the definitive version for me with the option of battle damaged or non battle damaged.

I just want Vader from the bespin gantry scene, so the gloves and chest box on this version kind of kill that look. I was thinking of getting this and trying to mix and match parts from the sideshow vader (I dont have the esb hot toys vader) but doubt that will work.

I don't have a Vader figure yet, so I just pre-ordered the Deluxe version. It'll be a long wait, but I am patient and really looking forward to adding this to the shelves in about two years.

If you’re a Star Wars fan you can’t just own one Vader anymore you obviously need this one because of its first of a kind status and obviously you need ROTJ fully unhelmeted and then you need a fully clean version and then also a 1/4 scale lol

Last edited:
Only getting Vader for the hologram of Granny Inquisitor… JK it be my ultimate Vader figure and first ever.
Kinda wish there make ROTJ of Vader.
225326C1-FB3D-4536-B71D-2E870E8AE56C.jpeg

Not being a super Vader aficionado, I really do not see the huge differences as that glaring as many purists do. I am kinda glad for that because on other figures I do kinda nitpick (Indy for example) and as of today, I have not bothered to replace my SS Indy because nothing measures up to me.

I am currently still rocking the SS deluxe Vader, and now hes going to be the first figure I will have ever sold…..but for good cause.

Does it say the cape is wired anywhere?

Just came back from Disneyland and Galaxy's edge. Had a blast…..came home to an impulse purchase of Mando Deluxe also….

Its been a great SW week….

Rare picture incoming…
646AE052-DA98-49D1-AD81-3B9123E2FB5C.jpeg

Not being a super Vader aficionado, I really do not see the huge differences as that glaring as many purists do. I am kinda glad for that because on other figures I do kinda nitpick (Indy for example) and as of today, I have not bothered to replace my SS Indy because nothing measures up to me.

I am currently still rocking the SS deluxe Vader, and now hes going to be the first figure I will have ever sold…..but for good cause.

Does it say the cape is wired anywhere?

Just came back from Disneyland and Galaxy's edge. Had a blast…..came home to an impulse purchase of Mando Deluxe also….

Its been a great SW week….

Rare picture incoming…
View attachment 593112
I'm assuming you are referring to the SSC TOD indy, their ROTLA figure was laughably bad.

You went to Disneyland from North Carolina instead of going to Disney World?
yeah, wanted go surf in Laguna and visit Malibu and LA….never been to the west coast.

It was a good call , since we only had August to visit. LA in August is WAY better that Orlando weather wise….

Plus we lived in FL for years and have done WDW tens of times.

Also DL is less crowded and we were lucky because they are having major issues in WDW due to staffing and not limiting crowds.

DL had the same Galaxys Edge as WDW also, which was the main thing my family wanted to see.

Sorry if this has been asked before: does anyone know which retailer is taking PO for the special edition?

Sorry if this has been asked before: does anyone know which retailer is taking PO for the special edition?

Special Edition specifically with the bonus Grand Inquisitor hologram and projector, right?

It’s a Sideshow exclusive in their territories which would be easiest. Only a few days left to preorder like Angelo said.

So I just finally PO'd this stupid Deluxe for the dumb SE hologram with 2 minutes left.... I swore I wasn't gonna PO **** anymore.. But, as Darth would say, "Your powers (to resist) are weak old man" when it comes to Darth Vader crap I don't need..... And after waiting, of course the $20 off coupon I just got emailed to me yesterday from a previous purchase didn't work...:(

Damn you Sideshow!!! :gah: Stupid extra dumb piece that I'll never use.

So I just finally PO'd this stupid Deluxe for the dumb SE hologram with 2 minutes left.... I swore I wasn't gonna PO **** anymore.. But, as Darth would say, "Your powers (to resist) are weak old man" when it comes to Darth Vader crap I don't need..... And after waiting, of course the $20 off coupon I just got emailed to me yesterday from a previous purchase didn't work...:(

Damn you Sideshow!!! :gah: Stupid extra dumb piece that I'll never use.

It's strange because the coupons still worked on Spider-Man and Iron Man right till the end but they removed Vader from the list of eligible items. If there is any sort of reasoning behind the list of eligible and ineligible items for the $20 coupons I have not been able to figure them out.

Back