Star Wars concept art books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I'm glad I found it. Oddly enough it wasn't the book itself that drew me to seeking out one of these limited editions in the first place, it was the Vanderstelt "Luminous Being" print. I really loved that art, and had wanted to get one of the acme archives prints, but couldn't find one. For less money I got a not quite as nice version of the print (I'm assuming, although not sure if the other prints were actually signed like mine), along with a nice book and three other prints I like (and one I don't- the portrait one). :) Can't beat that!

And sorry for so many images, but I figured people might be curious about these, given how hard it seems to be to find any information on the differences between them and the regular editions. I'd like to see a regular in person to be able to compare the type of paper and which pages are exclusive to the limited.

Edit: Sergiu, what's that 27 volume set on your shelf?

I agree, I'm glad I found it. Oddly enough it wasn't the book itself that drew me to seeking out one of these limited editions in the first place, it was the Vanderstelt "Luminous Being" print. I really loved that art, and had wanted to get one of the acme archives prints, but couldn't find one. For less money I got a not quite as nice version of the print (I'm assuming, although not sure if the other prints were actually signed like mine), along with a nice book and three other prints I like (and one I don't- the portrait one). :) Can't beat that!

And sorry for so many images, but I figured people might be curious about these, given how hard it seems to be to find any information on the differences between them and the regular editions. I'd like to see a regular in person to be able to compare the type of paper and which pages are exclusive to the limited.

No reason to apologize. In fact, please feel free to post even more pics! :)

Thank you for sharing. Love all the illustrations.

Recently the supposedly long lost ANH Darth Vader mask has been discovered in the collection of Patrice Girod. This is his book (in French) about the screen used costumes, props, models he owns:

Book%20Generations%20Science%20Fiction%2001.jpg

Book%20Generations%20Science%20Fiction%2002.jpg

Missed your message here. It is a set of licensed SW hard cover books translated in Romanian

A cool book about the movies Star Wars and Alien, written and autographed by Roger Christian:

Book%20Cinema%20Alchemist%2001_zpsyhzxbkpy.jpg

Book%20Cinema%20Alchemist%2002_zpsz72agyga.jpg

It's Walrusman. Turn in your Star Wars card. :wink1:

What would be cool is, the scene when they first meet each other in the movie, Ponda walks into Evazan's clinic and the clerk at the front desk says, "How can I help you... walrus, err... man?"
Then with a disgusting look on his face the doc asks the clerk, "Does he have an appointment with us?"
LOL!

What would be cool is, the scene when they first meet each other in the movie, Ponda walks into Evazan's clinic and the clerk at the front desk says, "How can I help you... walrus, err... man?"
Then with a disgusting look on his face the doc asks the clerk, "Does he have an appointment with us?"
LOL!

I always liked the Robot Chicken sequence about those two. :lol

Industrial Light & Magic - The Art of Special Effects book finally arrived, it took some time, but well worth the wait:

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_01.jpg

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_02.jpg

Thanks to a good US friend "Industrial Light and Magic - Into the Digital Realm" book joined her sister "Industrial Light and Magic -The Art of Special Effects":

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_03.jpg

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_04.jpg

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_set.jpg

Back