Star Wars concept art books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice little book arrived: Star Wars Insider The Original Trilogy

Book-Star-Wars-Insider-The-Original-Trilogy-01.jpg

Book-Star-Wars-Insider-The-Original-Trilogy-02.jpg

The Art of Star Wars Trilogy, some of the last Star Wars books I wanted to get, finally arrived. Very cool art books.

Book-The-Art-of-Star-Wars-Trilogy-01.jpg

Book-The-Art-of-Star-Wars-Trilogy-02.jpg

I have this double book set (together with dozens of other books that have SW OT as subject) and I recommend removing the cellophane packing and reading it :wink1:

Already read them. I leave the celophane on as protection, I just cut the side where I can get the books out. Do that with DVD, BD collector boxes also.

I also collect SW books

My Favs in the collection in order
The art of Ralp Mcquarrie by Ralph Mcquarrie ,
https://someartbooks.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/the-art-of-ralp-mcquarrieI was very lucky, i won this on ebay for about 140 dollars au. I received it and the middle pages were a little fragile from the spine.
I thought no big deal i can always take it to a book place to fix it and ill still be winning.
Because i knew i wouldn't never get it at this price, nor the opportunity to buy one, i was more then happy to keep it.
The book format and starwars pictures are most most breathtaking you'll ever see it a book.
Honestly , if you take out a page you could frame it and it would look museum like.

Starwars Ralph Mcquarrie
Simply awesome for any old school Ralph Mcquarrie / Sw fan.
If its not included in the book Ralph didnt draw it.

Starwars Poster Book
My all time fav, every single starwars poster produced its here, absolutely top quality pictures and paper quality.

Starwas Chronicles
Brilliant pictures of all things starwars, vehicles spaceships etc.

The Wildlife of Starwars
Love the book and drawings and all the inhabitants of the creatures it has in it

The art of Dave dorman

Starwars essential guide to warfare.
Love the strategies of warfare in the starwars universe, and all the vehicles reference and techs and how they got to be this way
I imagine Admiral Thrawn would've read this book being a strategists.

Illustrated Starwars Raloph Mcquarrie
Lovely fiction story and pictures of CONCEPT ART OF Ralph

Sounds of Starwars
Brilliant reference information on how they achieved all the sounds of starwars. .

The Art of Starwars Episodes 123456
Absolutely fantastic enough said.

Honorable mentions
Starwars complete cross sections
Starwars locations
Love the art and detail in these

Unfortunately the later release of these books were ****. As the double spread drawing were covered in the centre fold of the book destroying the detail and image look. The picture looked warped IMO.
The older releases of these books had the format size and picture lay out perfect and completed the beauty of the drawings imo.

PS i also love the other books i have

Attachments

• 20210618_213930.jpg
    20210618_213930.jpg
    832.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210618_213941.jpg
    20210618_213941.jpg
    729.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 51oaBoerGxL._SY331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51oaBoerGxL._SY331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 31
Not really about Star Wars, but the story might be interesting.

About a month ago I received the original edition of the Alien Vault artbook, and the idiot Amazon book seller just put it into a thin cardboard envelope. No bubble wrap, no box, not even some cheap crumpled newspapers for protection, just a thin cardboard envelope, that arrived damaged as hell, and the book was also badly damaged with broken sleeve, bent cover, unglued and bent pages etc. WTH? People like these should not be allowed to touch books. Got my refund and marked that particular seller as a no-go from now on.

That being said I just received the new edition of this book, from another Amazon seller, this time it arrived fine and sound. A very cool book, glad to add this to the collection, next to the Terminator Vault book, as well as Making of Alien and Making of Aliens books.

Book-Alien-Vault-01.jpg

Book-Alien-Vault-02.jpg

Making of Alien/Aliens books - highly recommended as well:

Book-The-Making-of-Alien-01.jpg

Book-The-Making-of-Alien-02.jpg

Book-The-Making-of-Aliens-01.jpg

Book-The-Making-of-Aliens-02.jpg

The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Special Edition art book, pretty cool hardcover book, works well with the ANH one:

Book-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-40th-Anniversary-01.jpg

Book-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-40th-Anniversary-02.jpg

Back