Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my line of work we strike sets multiple times per week because they're done shooting. So there's really nothing to see here without actual information.

Move along, move along.

Diego Luna at the Emmies says that S2 is nearly finished production

IMG_1210.gif

Had no idea they were that far along, we didn't get many set leaks for this one?
Seven days left of shooting.
Still the SW I'm most looking forward to.

Luna: "The good thing about Andor is knowing it has an ending, ...it's nice to know you can aim for something"

(as per Gilroy)

Gilroy: “Yeah, I mean, our final scene of the show is no secret; it’s going to be [Cassian] walking across the tarmac to get in the ship to go to the Rings of Kafrene ...”

8cj0gm.gif

Edit: Apparently aiming for August release date.

Last edited:

Luna: "The good thing about Andor is knowing it has an ending, ...it's nice to know you can aim for something"

(as per Gilroy)

Gilroy: “Yeah, I mean, our final scene of the show is no secret; it’s going to be [Cassian] walking across the tarmac to get in the ship to go to the Rings of Kafrene ...”

Edit: Apparently aiming for August release date.

w38yXHa.gif

Season 1 is getting a physical release on bluray and 4K.

Preorders go up March 12th, releasing April 30th.

Extras:
  • Ferrix Pt 1: Imperial Occupation - Tony Gilroy, Kathleen Kennedy, and Diego Luna discuss the series’ origins.
  • Aldhani: Rebel Heist - Join the shoot in Scotland with character spotlights, rebel training, stunts, a VFX breakdown, and more.
  • Coruscant: Whispers of Rebellion - Explore the stories of ISB agent Dedra, Senator Mon Mothma, and spymaster Luthen Rael.
  • Narkina 5: One Way Out - Uncover the Empire’s penal system and the prison’s stark look, get to know Kino Loy, and view VFX breakdowns.
  • Ferrix Pt 2: Fight the Empire - Tony Gilroy, Diego Luna, cast, and crew reveal the making of the season finale.
andor-season-1-collectors-edition.jpg

Last edited:
Great. I just cancelled Disney+ so it's nice to know I can get a hardcopy. Also I had no idea Season 2 had completed filming, excellent news, I thought whether it was to be made was still up in the air, shows how much I know!

After what Disney pulled with Willow, I’ve felt the need more than ever to have physical copies of everything Star Wars. So I’m looking forward to adding these to the collection. Yes, even Book of Boba Fett and Mando season 3 at some point.

I'm very late to the party, but I previously only saw a couple episodes of this, and had time over the extended weekend to finish it. It started slow, and Rogue One left a bad taste in my mouth, so I was primed to dislike this, but I felt this was very good. Apart from bits and pieces of Mandalorian, this is easily the best Star Wars thing since Force Awakens for me (and better than Force Awakens from the standpoint of drama and story). I'm actually a bit surprised they had the guts to make a show that was pretty dark, and was driven by story rather than nostalgia, spectacle, and an interest in selling toys. I can quibble about a few things, but really enjoyed it. It looks like they are doing a season 2? If so, I would like them to explore more of what makes hard-ass, true-believer imperials become what they are. Maybe even set up Mon Mothma's daughter as an example of this, when someone tastes privilege and lives by the Jello Biafra message of "give me convenience or give me death."

I'm very late to the party, but I previously only saw a couple episodes of this, and had time over the extended weekend to finish it. It started slow, and Rogue One left a bad taste in my mouth, so I was primed to dislike this, but I felt this was very good. Apart from bits and pieces of Mandalorian, this is easily the best Star Wars thing since Force Awakens for me (and better than Force Awakens from the standpoint of drama and story). I'm actually a bit surprised they had the guts to make a show that was pretty dark, and was driven by story rather than nostalgia, spectacle, and an interest in selling toys. I can quibble about a few things, but really enjoyed it. It looks like they are doing a season 2? If so, I would like them to explore more of what makes hard-ass, true-believer imperials become what they are. Maybe even set up Mon Mothma's daughter as an example of this, when someone tastes privilege and lives by the Jello Biafra message of "give me convenience or give me death."
Season 2 has finished filming but I think it’s been delayed until next year for release. I’m in no hurry for quality SW.

Back