Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stellan is a good actor. See chernobyl
1682031774853.gif

Emmys are predictable. They have their favorite "darlings" that win year after year. Succession, White Lotus, The Crown, etc.

Andor was never part of that conversation. Maybe a nomination for costumes is all they can hope for.

Emmys are predictable. They have their favorite "darlings" that win year after year. Succession, White Lotus, The Crown, etc.

Andor was never part of that conversation. Maybe a nomination for costumes is all they can hope for.
This is all true, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Skarsgard gets a nomination.

We knew this already, yet here emphasised again.

As far as potential figures, I really wanted a more gritty season 1 Andor with Bryr Pistol and Nemik's manifesto, yet if they are just siting on that to possibly release a single more all encompassing Andor figure, that will align with what should be his S2 finaly / Rogue One Rebel uniform look, and can be displayed with K2, Jyn, Chirrut, et al, that'll work.
(though it could arguably be his Ring of Kafrene assassin look), or the way things are going, no figure at all. :rolleyes2

As far as show content, bring it!. While I love the more Saturday morning cartoonish FavrOnivese. This is the SW I'm still most anticipating.
“the last three days before Rogue One”. And with a finite end point in view, no punches are being pulled. “The risks this season will take are very different,” promises Luna. In what way? “In every way,” says Gilroy. “Look, man, I’m not trying to make a career here; if anything I’m on the downhill side of a long career. But this is an opportunity. This is 1,500 pages of the most dynamic material in these people’s lives to deal with. We got it right the first time, and you don’t want to let your foot off the gas.”

Last edited:

eef9e73e-2db1-42b4-9b3a-ccbc199d1785-jpeg.638872
View attachment 638872

And still no figures. This show is way too good for Disney to handle. When I watch it I just pretend I’m watching HBO.

Happy to wait until season 2 for a lot of characters, but I feel there are certain characters that won’t change their look much at all. They could easily do the likes of B2, Dedra + Death Troopers, and Two Tubes right now. Definitely more to come from characters like Luthen, so I understand the wait there. The likes of Cassian, Saw Gerrera, and Mon Mothma I’d prefer in their RO look.
Nice! Congrats to the deserved show.
While I really wanted a more gritty season 1 Andor with Bryr Pistol and Nemik's manifesto, like you at this point, and knowing the S2 finally will sync-up with the start of R1, I'd be happy if we do get Andor, Mothma, and Guerrera in their R1 looks.
As for Luthen, not sure where his fate lies, or what other epic scene (sacrifice?) he'll still have, which might yet give us a definitive look.
But yeah those four (and if they are revisiting any of Guerreras partisans, assuming they will play a greater role S2) seem like the essentials.
... “Some of its core ingredients are secrecy and paranoia and lack of trust and betrayal. So, how difficult is it to build a revolution?” questions Gilroy. “And what happens to the original gangsters, as other people get involved?”
“the last three days before Rogue One”. And with a finite end point in view, no punches are being pulled. “The risks this season will take are very different,” promises Luna. In what way? “In every way,” says Gilroy. “... This is 1,500 pages of the most dynamic material in these people’s lives to deal with. We got it right the first time, and you don’t want to let your foot off the gas.”
While I'm enjoying the more Saturday morning cartoonish FavrOnivese. ^This is the SW I'm looking forward to most.

Last edited:
It's curious that^ headline got batted arround more than this one -
Tony Gilroy revealed that he finished the finale script of Andor before the WGA strike began. The second season of Andor began in November 2022 and is expected to wrap in August. Gilroy has written every episode of Andor and has been working on the series scripts for over three years.
To me this is the more significant one, that maters.

Thankfully the competent Gilroy, who knows exactly where the show is going finished and turned everything in before the strike. If still going forward in any capacity, and his show runner(s) and directors team are in sync with what Gilroy left on the page, shouldn't be allot of room for the Disney Story Group to reinvent the series focus or trajectory.

Last edited:

Awesome!

K2, Saw Guerrera, maybe Bail Organa seem the "inevitable" given the narrative.

Even though Vader is featured in the media above, I'm hoping "surprising" doesn't mean that, or Leia or Tarkin, or easy quick fan-service big cameos, but to the contrary, instead seeing characters like Bodhi Rook's narrative play out, as Gilroy's focus seems to be (by design) highlighting the lowest, least glamorous and least celebrated characters.

It's the unoticed characters like Bodhi , a random low level Imperial cargo hauler, whose simple act and choice to risk everything and do the right thing, ultimately sets things in motion, towards the DS plans getting to the right hands.
Also besides being hunted by the Empire, If we learn he's been interacting with Luthen, it also plays into some of his intense jitteriness.

7oz93m.gif

7oz9dz.gif

As far as what figures getting made, unfortunately he'd be another Hot Toys deems unworthy of a figure.
The lack of cool gear, helmet, armor, fantasy weapon or alien look, all the (toy selling) things Gilroy deems not important, Like Andor, the greatest thing about him is the reason HT will ignore him, he's literally just a regular guy in a cargo suit, designed to go unnoticed.

Last edited:
Back