Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's looking bleak.
Curious what was the turnover time between the start of the Obi-Wan series and reveal of the first figure?
Or of any other show?
It’s very random. Here’s a couple of stats:

* Loki finished 14th July 2021 and first figure, Loki TVA was announced Oct 20th that year

* Hawkeye finished 22nd Dec that year and the only figure, Kate, was announced April 22nd 2022

OWK finished 22nd June this year and the first figure, Purge Trooper was announced July 3rd. OWK was about a month after that.

BoBF finished 9th Feb this year and first figure announced, I guess it was Fennec on Dec 30th last year (it was announced under the BoBF banner not Mando) or it was the 1/4 in Feb or it was the Enforcer Droid in April lol.

72jyos.gif

LOL! And they both wear masks and raise funds and fight to protect the orphan(s). One as a Luchador, the other a Bounty Hunter.
Which one is the way? :lol

"Yes! Is true. I am Mando, the bounty hunter. Maybe you have seen me on holonet. Tonight I will fight the seven strongest men in the guild...maybe the galaxy. MANDOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo."

"Who?"

Last edited:
Not a peep out of Hot Toys regarding figures from this series. :unsure:

Waiting it out to gauge fan interest, or what?

I'd definitely be up for Dedra and her two inept Death Troopers.
Meero-2-Andor.jpg

Not sure if I'd want anything else from this show.

4) Syril's Mom -- so she can look at me with disappointment and ask if I have any prospects.
eedy-karn-main_cce222cc.jpeg

It’s very random. Here’s a couple of stats:

* Loki finished 14th July 2021 and first figure, Loki TVA was announced Oct 20th that year

* Hawkeye finished 22nd Dec that year and the only figure, Kate, was announced April 22nd 2022

OWK finished 22nd June this year and the first figure, Purge Trooper was announced July 3rd. OWK was about a month after that.

BoBF finished 9th Feb this year and first figure announced, I guess it was Fennec on Dec 30th last year (it was announced under the BoBF banner not Mando) or it was the 1/4 in Feb or it was the Enforcer Droid in April lol.
Thanks for that, yeah it's been all over the place. Hard to gauge if HT will acknowledge the series.
Though doesn't look great so far. I still have hope for at least Andor.
There is also (by design) not any main character with some fantastic new armor, or any outstanding supernatural/fantasy gear or weapons or look (though Luthen comes close, with his ship and speeder, nothing on his person except a wig change).
Wonder if for a S2 mission, Andor needs to wear some kind of helmet or Bounty Hunter disguise, if that could trigger the supposed "cool factor" necessary to generate a figure.
Yet that's not what Gilroy is after.
I don't think he got the we only do this to sell more toys memo. :lol Though I'm sure they tried, he probably shoved the Hasbro reps out the door.
Luthen's ship was likely the give us something consolation.

Last edited:
Anyone ready for a half-baked rumour of a rumour?

I wouldn't put too much stock in this because it's twice removed from the source and I don't have any real context. But for what little it's worth:

A co-worker told me his friend was working in the UK on a Star Wars project more or less right now, with mention of both stormtrooper armour (no big news there) and ... Vader's helmet.

Does that mean he's working on Andor S2 and Vader makes an appearance? Or that the conversation was taken out of context or his friend worked on Obi Wan and the timing is misreported?

I mean ... I actually hope they keep Vader out of this other than whispered rumours of a shadowy enforcer for the Emperor.

Yeah I don't think Gilroy is looking to use Vader, reference or show the power of the Sith, Jedi or the Force.
To the contrary, the more supernatural fantasy elements , mystic armor and legendary weapons etc. (both among the Empire and the Rebellion) are purposely left out, to intentionally emphasize the opposite.
At this level any catalysis for hope, or change, is coming from those who have none of that.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure Gilroy would avoid Vader in S2. It connects to RO.

I don't mean to assume that rumor is correct... but the idea of Gilroy having a Vader appearance is completely possible I think. Not a confrontation type thing. But perhaps Vader paying a visit to the ISB... choking out a failed Partagaz... and taking control of the ISB himself, thus upping the pressure on both Dedra and Syril. And in the end, when Syril ultimately fails, guess who he must face...

Black-clad Vader in that all-white ISB conference room would look fantastic.

I'm not so sure Gilroy would avoid Vader in S2. It connects to RO.

I don't mean to assume that rumor is correct... but the idea of Gilroy having a Vader appearance is completely possible I think. Not a confrontation type thing. But perhaps Vader paying a visit to the ISB... choking out a failed Partagaz... and taking control of the ISB himself, thus upping the pressure on both Dedra and Syril. And in the end, when Syril ultimately fails, guess who he must face...

Black-clad Vader in that all-white ISB conference room would look fantastic.
So there is potentially a logic to it: in this era the Empire has been surprised by the hubris of the people they thought they had locked down; Dedra has been busy proving there is a coordinated effort underway ("...no pattern is a pattern" etc.) and the stakes are clearly going to get higher.

It wouldn't be out of the question that part of the Imperial reaction would be for Vader to get involved once the scope of the nascent Rebellion becomes apparent to the Emperor. Enforcement, special investigations, search and ... errr ... motivation ... are kinda what he does.

Back