Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were some good shots early on with the landing of the shuttle, but this one particularly stood out:

andor1.jpg

There's something real about the location - what looks to be an apartment block in a living, breathing galaxy - but then the Stormtrooper is reminiscent of a Hot Toys figure.

It was all so tense too. I was gripped. Goes to show that Cassian knows when a town is 'about to blow'.

There were some great shots in this episode similar to that mentioned above. Stormtroopers standing guard over the hotel, B2 trundling sadly behind Brazzo, Bix looking out the window and so on. I think the best one was Cassian framed in the doorway of the ship. Goes to show that if you let the camera linger then it can convey so much more.

I thought that the contrast between Princess Leia being rescued by Luke and how Bix was in a real state when Cassian turned up and didn't want to leave was really interesting - it seemed more realistic and visceral that someone would be so broken by Imperial torture. That said, I would have liked Dedra to have experienced a bit more pure terror during her run in with the mob though - give her a little taste of her own medicine.

I liked how Mon Mothma made up the return of a gambling problem for the benefit of her driver to overhear.

I think the post-credits scene was a little unnecessary and will detract from future viewings of the prison arc. I liked not knowing.

I noticed Cassian's now telling people to climb too!

Last edited:
The whole thing has been more John le Carré than George Lucas.

A really unexpected take on Star Wars. It's so reserved, so constrained. Imagine if the people involved had been around in the late 1990s and had been able to curtail Lucas' wild vision and flights of madness? Battle Droids would've been terrifying; Jar Jar would never have made it off the page; and the Sequel Trilogy would've been completely different.

I did cringe though, when Mon Motha mentioned Canto Bight. :lol

No doubt a fatal blow to that Stormtrooper....if this show is consistent with past canon.

Slowed down, and without sound, it looks like he gave that trooper a loving peck on the cheek.

Which would be consistent with the lengths this series has gone to show both sides of the story. :monkey3

Wow, that was the most powerful journey (self discovery and driving motive), character arc (and cast) intro, SW has had in a while.

Further going all the way to impact R1 - even Andor's simple "welcome home" to Jyn, takes on a whole new cathartic level, with this set-up.

Throughout I found myself wondering is this to dark, what would Lucas think? Though this show gets it right both ways, all the gritty somber sacrifice, paired with the hopeful survivors. Absolute gripping finally.

Also that post cred scene, is just the biggest (literal) cherry on top.:wink1:

Last edited:
What a great finale, though it’s going to be a long wait.

This is certainly the gold standard of cinematic Star Wars for me at this point, and is going to be hard going back to other versions - not that they are all bad. There is no reason why the story can’t be treated with this level of sincerity and seriousness, while also including lighthearted moments, you know, like real life. I think the days of Star Wars being for kids is over, so might as well go all-in and cater to the adults that are keeping the property alive.

What a great finale, though it’s going to be a long wait.

This is certainly the gold standard of cinematic Star Wars for me at this point, and is going to be hard going back to other versions - not that they are all bad. There is no reason why the story can’t be treated with this level of sincerity and seriousness, while also including lighthearted moments, you know, like real life. I think the days of Star Wars being for kids is over, so might as well go all-in and cater to the adults that are keeping the property alive.
I like to think it might jog other directors and their writers to up their game, tho IMO Mandalorian has had some good lines and arcs.
Also the SW atmosphere after the Empire takes over would be different - like Luke said, it's all so far away. By Mando, you're in the aftermath of the Rebellion.

Obi-wan could have been this well written. :monkey2 But yeah, a long wait.:monkey2 Gives me time to save for my Luthen Rael figure tho:stormtroo

When the action kicked in it was so rewarding thanks to being built up so well. The action in the sequel trilogy/OWK/BOBF felt so flat and empty because there was little behind it and most of the visuals were pure digital animation.

Luthen figure needs to happen.

Also, Cinta is fiiiiiiine.

That is all

Despite the stultifyingly stupid situation of everyone head to Ferrix, a nice ending to the series overall.

I'd rate this below The Mandalorian though as it does unnecessarily drag it's feet over the 10 episode run, though it's light years ahead of The Book Of Boba and the utterly risible Obi Wan.

I hope we do get more episodes, however the audience apathy doesn't bode well sadly.

Back