Star trek: Strange new worlds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then, i may enjoy it :)
Give it a shot, I think you may indeed enjoy it. I agree with Prime Clone, not only is Captain Pike one of the most likeable captains in Trek, I think the crew in general are very likeable too.

Unlike the Trek of old, I never felt like I'd like to live in the world of the new Star Trek shows SNW however is a world I'd enjoy living in. :lol It's back to a more hopeful Star Trek.

My own personal fan theory: "La'An" (Noonien-Singh) is an abbreviation of "La Khan" (or similar).

Imagine if she's a sleeper agent for the superhumans who gets activated somewhere down the line!

I'd like to watch this.
I've been a life long Trek fan, adored TOS right through to Enterprise.
Didn't like Discovery or Picard and I just really want to like Star Trek again.
Heard a lot of good things about this show.
Saw an earlier post that the cute dialogue is here again though. That and the swearing and "un-Trek" way the characters talked really irritated me in Picard and Discovery.

I'd like to watch this.
I've been a life long Trek fan, adored TOS right through to Enterprise.
Didn't like Discovery or Picard and I just really want to like Star Trek again.
Heard a lot of good things about this show.
Saw an earlier post that the cute dialogue is here again though. That and the swearing and "un-Trek" way the characters talked really irritated me in Picard and Discovery.
I don't recall them swearing here. This is closer to Enterprise/TNG than it is to Discovery/Picard.

I wanted to share my love of Trek with my kids (10 and 8 yrs old). But I couldn’t watch Discovery with them because of all the swearing and adult themes to the show.

SNW was exactly the Trek needed to share with them. They have watched all the episodes with me and I can see the sense of adventure grow within them… as it grew within me when I was their age and watching Trek.

The latest episode was another banger. I really enjoyed this. I have mixed feelings about the end and I found myself questioning whether or not a certain character made the right decision. There more I think about it, them ore I think it was the right one. Amazing stuff.

Sounds like good tv. Writing good?? No gaping plot holes etc?
No more so than in any other classic Trek series.

It's really freeing, the return to episodic formats. I feel like I know the main cast here better in 8 episodes than most of the cast from Discovery or Picard in multiple seasons.

That said, this most recent episode? I'm not afraid to say I teared up at the end. Maybe I'm just becoming an old softy. Maybe it's because I have a daughter about Rukiya's age. I dunno. But boy, it really pulled on my heartstrings.

Give it a shot, I think you may indeed enjoy it. I agree with Prime Clone, not only is Captain Pike one of the most likeable captains in Trek, I think the crew in general are very likeable too.

Unlike the Trek of old, I never felt like I'd like to live in the world of the new Star Trek shows SNW however is a world I'd enjoy living in. :lol It's back to a more hopeful Star Trek.
I always wanted to live in the world of Trek. So hopeful, so optimistic.
Even in their darkest moments (On Picard or Discovery) the solutions to the problems are still talking about things, finding common ground, turning enemies into friends. There's something just really refreshing about those concepts.

No more so than in any other classic Trek series.

It's really freeing, the return to episodic formats. I feel like I know the main cast here better in 8 episodes than most of the cast from Discovery or Picard in multiple seasons.

That said, this most recent episode? I'm not afraid to say I teared up at the end. Maybe I'm just becoming an old softy. Maybe it's because I have a daughter about Rukiya's age. I dunno. But boy, it really pulled on my heartstrings.
Yeah as a dad there, I was really thinking about what would I have done in that same situation.

Paramount Plus has just hit the UK and I've managed to watch the first couple of episodes.

I like it, but it's not the Star Trek of old, it's a different world with massive changes to characters, races and the way the universe works. Taking it for what it is though it's been good so far, and a million times better than Discovery or Picard.

Paramount Plus has just hit the UK and I've managed to watch the first couple of episodes.

I like it, but it's not the Star Trek of old, it's a different world with massive changes to characters, races and the way the universe works. Taking it for what it is though it's been good so far, and a million times better than Discovery or Picard.
I'd honestly prefer if it was a full reboot/remake of Trek - its own thing, inspired by but totally unconnected to the rest. Because it is good and perhaps deserves to be unrestrained by canon - and then they could go ahead and have their new Kirk and do whatever they want. It would totally free me up to enjoy it rather than wondering why this event/character was never mentioned in chronologically later Trek or why the ships and technology are more advanced etc etc.

I'd honestly prefer if it was a full reboot/remake of Trek - its own thing, inspired by but totally unconnected to the rest. Because it is good and perhaps deserves to be unrestrained by canon - it would also totally free me up to enjoy it rather than wondering why this event/character was never mentioned in chronologically later Trek or why the ships and technology is more advanced etc etc
I just let go of the tech stuff, but yeah I wouldn't mind this being this own thing too. Then again, I do appreciate getting more stories out of the Prime universe too.

Back