Star trek: Strange new worlds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First episode was a breath of fresh air. Weekly individual stories are all I want.

I'm watching it for Pike, Spock and the new Nurse Chapel. She is hot.

I really tried with Discovery and Picard but I just couldn't get through either of them. Not a fan at all.
I was willing to give this show a fair go but apparently its going to be on Paramount+ when it launches in the UK and I'm unwilling to get yet another streaming service for just 1 show. A show by the same people who made Discovery and Picard no less.
I've been seeing positivity about the first episode, but then Discovery and Picard usually started with a decent first episode then quickly nosedived after.

I really tried with Discovery and Picard but I just couldn't get through either of them. Not a fan at all.
I was willing to give this show a fair go but apparently its going to be on Paramount+ when it launches in the UK and I'm unwilling to get yet another streaming service for just 1 show. A show by the same people who made Discovery and Picard no less.
I've been seeing positivity about the first episode, but then Discovery and Picard usually started with a decent first episode then quickly nosedived after.
Honestly, I get the impression that a lot of the positivity over the first episode of SNW has more to do with how bad Discovery and Picard have been in comparison. It is still made by the same 20-30 “too many cooks” executive producers 🤦‍♂️

I am probably going to go back and give Discovery another try but man does Picard looks like an absolute snore-fest.

Last edited:
Anson Mount is incredible as Pike. He has so much going on with no dialogue.

Probably the strongest leader and captain since Janeway.
Agree, Anson Mount’s star is rising fast. He is excellent.
What do u guys think about Anson as Cmdr Shepard in a MassEffect movie?

Pike and Spock are awesome. I only watched bits of Disco s2 so this is the first time I'm seeing Ethan Peck as Spock. He's doing a great job.
StangeNewWorlds_43_Pike-Spock-Enviro_JD_3552_V1_FNL_f.jpg
StangeNewWorlds_43_Pike-Spock-Enviro_JD_3511_V1_FNL_f.jpg

Just watched the first 2 episodes. I really like it so far. This is probably the best Star Trek of the modern era (including all the JJ Abrams stuff). Ok maybe, that's a bad comparison (given how bad most of the modern stuff are) but really, this is the Trek I've been wanting since the TNG era.

Normally Star Trek seems to take a few episodes to start firing on all cylinders but SNW so far has been a hit for me on the get-go. I love the crew interaction. I really like how they show teamwork here with the Captain trusting the expertise of his crew and takes them into account before making his decisions. I especially like that even though there is some combat in both episodes, the conflict wasn't resolved through said combat.

It may have benefited from the soft launch on Discovery (unlike TBOBF’s soft launch on Mando).
I'm not sure about that, if it were just Pike and Spock then maybe, but even the entire bridge crew (and transporter chief) instantly felt "right", almost as if the show already had its legs. I guess the chemistry of this crew is really good.

Also, I like how they've addressed the events of Discovery right away. They didn't dwell on it too.

Finally, really digging the design of the Enterprise here. It's a modern take definitely, but it still gave out that TOS vibe well.

I'm not sure about that, if it were just Pike and Spock then maybe, but even the entire bridge crew (and transporter chief) instantly felt "right", almost as if the show already had its legs. I guess the chemistry of this crew is really good.

Good to hear. Though remember No.1 was previously introduced too, and a fan fave.

An OK episode today. I'm not sure about

Spoiler Spoiler:

While I liked this episode, I feel like too many things happened so the pacing was a bit off on this one.

My only criticism for this episode was actually M'Benga.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was watching her this week and kept hearing Mystique's lines in my head like 'you know people like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child!'

Back