Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had time today to watch.

Guess we got the answer in the cameo.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I don’t know what is going on with Jack either but I hope he is what we were led to believe (Picard’s son) and not a changeling cop out.

The return of Ro Laren was unexpected and a welcome surprise (Michelle Forbes looks great). I’m not really sure I buy the whole story about how she got back into Starfleet (again) given her twice stained record but it’s not a big deal. The exchange between her and Picard made this episode and it was a nice callback to Preemptive Strike of TNG.
Her sacrifice at the end really upped the conspiracy factor, it’s going to be interesting to see how one ship takes on a comprised Starfleet.

Has it hit anyone yet that we only have 4 more episodes left before this ride comes to an end? Enjoy it while it lasts.

So regarding Daystrom Station...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I resisted as long as I could. I know, hoary ST cliché, but resistance is indeed futile. After hearing over and over again how great this show is this season, I just binged the first four episodes. I'm simply STUNNED at the 180 in quality...it's been FANTASTIC. The acting, the tone, the writing...just, wow.

I really hate the Kurtzman Trek universe and Picard especially just became more unwatchable as it went on...I couldn't even make it past two episodes of the second season - just awful. STD is the worst and while SNW was - okay, I sense that's about to become as bad as Discovery when it starts back up.

But I see that although Kurtzman's name is still in the credits, somehow a new team is putting this show out this year and yes, what a difference. So far, it's truly feeling like a worthy send-off to the Next Gen crew. Especially enjoying Seven and Worf. Heck everyone is doing a great job. Here's hoping that the quality keeps going for the remaining episodes. It would be nice to have one beloved franchise end well instead of being decimated by agenda and destroyed be non-creatives who have no business making shows and movies.

Okay, time to watch that episode I haven't seen yet.

So regarding Daystrom Station...

Spoiler Spoiler:
I’m thinking they illicit his help to overcome the AI, as he was the only thing that could outwit Data in TNG.

After watching this weeks episode a second time, I’m wondering if Beverly knows more than she’s leading on. The whole reference to Jack’s nightmares as a child, perhaps he inherited Picard’s Irumodic Syndrome gene and she resequenced his genetic structure with DNA resistant to the gene. He has some sort of telepathic connection with whatever is reaching out to him.

Alternatively, the only time that I recall us seeing red eyes in Trek was a direct result of the Pah-wraiths.

I’m thinking they illicit his help to overcome the AI, as he was the only thing that could outwit Data in TNG.

After watching this weeks episode a second time, I’m wondering if Beverly knows more than she’s leading on. The whole reference to Jack’s nightmares as a child, perhaps he inherited Picard’s Irumodic Syndrome gene and she resequenced his genetic structure with DNA resistant to the gene. He has some sort of telepathic connection with whatever is reaching out to him.

Alternatively, the only time that I recall us seeing red eyes in Trek was a direct result of the Pah-wraiths.
You might be on to something there. I think you may be right about all that.

I really hate the Kurtzman Trek universe and Picard especially just became more unwatchable as it went on...I couldn't even make it past two episodes of the second season - just awful. STD is the worst and while SNW was - okay, I sense that's about to become as bad as Discovery when it starts back up.

But I see that although Kurtzman's name is still in the credits, somehow a new team is putting this show out this year and yes, what a difference. So far, it's truly feeling like a worthy send-off to the Next Gen crew. Especially enjoying Seven and Worf. Heck everyone is doing a great job. Here's hoping that the quality keeps going for the remaining episodes. It would be nice to have one beloved franchise end well instead of being decimated by agenda and destroyed be non-creatives who have no business making shows and movies.

Okay, time to watch that episode I haven't seen yet.
I thought SNW had a surprisingly successful first season and the finale was a nice callback to TOS. I think they’ve learned what the fans want to see.

You might be on to something there. I think you may be right about all that.

Or it’ll be something completely out of left field. ;)

GOD D@$&!! How do they do it every week? Another episode better than the last. And Fan service that doesn’t feel pandering (all though one almost did). So much nostalgia this episode.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It’s been really nice to have a Star Trek show to look forward to in this way. Feels quite special. And not having a mystery box drawn out over and over again helps a lot. It’s nice to actually get answers to questions at good intervals.

And I gotta say I really appreciate the proper use of music; especially the Voyager theme for that nice moment with Seven on the bridge.

It really shows just how much more care went into this season versus PIC S1 when it played as she transported into a bar to Phasers Akimbo some people we have zero connection to.

These episodes are so good! Loving the mix of character moments with the larger narrative. Couple little nitpicky things, like several lines of repeated dialogue: I get it, the changlings stole something even more important that the portal gun! This is like the 6th time a character has said this revelation.

But the emotional beats are firing on all cylinders and I am FEELING FEELINGS.

It really shows just how much more care went into this season versus PIC S1 when it played as she transported into a bar to Phasers Akimbo some people we have zero connection to.

IMO Matalas is just like one of us, and that’s what a big difference is between this season and the previous seasons.

He’s a fan of the show. Maybe even a super fan. He really cares what people think and he’s even been on some podcast and streams that aren’t “Hollywood” type streams.

He was even in the chat on SixthScale Mafia’s live stream a few weeks ago. Just hanging out.

I know the general rule is “fans don’t make good creators”, and that maybe true. But this is a prime example that sometimes it does work.

S03E06 - "The Bounty"

Seriously folks - could this be a more of an emotive rollercoaster . . . I actually felt my eyes fill up on NUMEROUS occasions this week - particularly at one of the storage bays (it'll be obvious to those of you that went through that bit in slow motion).

In all honesty, I don't think I have EVER felt more attached and emotionally involved with a Star Trek show - EVER . . . and that is coming from someone that places TOS & DS9 on a pedestal, and right at the VERY top of his fanboy list.

Absolute perfection
ACME_thud.gif
:panic: :blissy

2021-12-09 (02) WOW (no background).png

Just finished watching. I’m still processing this episode, 52 minutes goes by fast when you’re sucked into a story like this.

All predictions are off the table now, the big reveal is that they stole Picard’s body, WHAT? I can’t figure that one out unless there’s some remanence of Borg technology in him, what other reason would you specifically need that particular body?
Prior to this, I was kind of forgetting about the whole synthetic Picard thing.

The relic ships were a really nice touch but they missed an opportunity here to show a TNG era Enterprise. This is a TNG send off after all. We know the D’s saucer is there from Season 2 and there’s literally no mention of what happened to the E at all. I guess we’re not going to get a “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning" moment.

Anyone catch James T. Kirk on one of the displays on Daystorm? Not sure how much sense that made given that Picard buried him on Veridian III in Generations.

Loved seeing the reunification of the crew - long overdue.

There’s definitely more going on with Jack than just Irumodic Syndrome. What’s the connection between them wanting Jack and Picard’s body? Mind boggling.

It’s going to be a long wait until next Thursday!

In all honesty, I don't think I have EVER felt more attached and emotionally involved with a Star Trek show - EVER . . . and that is coming from someone that places TOS & DS9 on a pedestal, and right at the VERY top of his fanboy list.
That’s by design. They’re incorporating all the fondness from the past through all the member berries they’re throwing at you from all the series that came before. Anyone who likes DS9 is going to light up seeing the Defiant on screen again, which invokes all the fondness you have for that series. Same for the Enterprise A, Voyager, etc.

All that nostalgia is intoxicating lol.

Theory:

Dad, what about Hangar Bay 12?

Geordi has long since refurbished the Saucer section of the Enterprise D and worked on attaching it to a decommissioned Galaxy star drive to add his own ship to his museum project. There was an empty ring on the outside of the starbase which perhaps was designated for that purpose.

Why Picard’s body was stolen.

We know from First Contact that Picard had a residual connection with the Collective (he could still hear them). Some form of Borg technology remains.

They stole Picard’s body to reactivate Locutus and take control of an “integrated” fleet. Just feels like there’s some Borg angle involved here even though it was already used in Season 2.

The ships being integrated will be a major plot point for Frontier Day and a reason for breaking one or more of the legacy ships out of the museum.

Will we see the crew on the bridge of the Enteprise one last time to save the day? Seems rational given a James T. Kirk being held on ice.
1679713255366.jpeg

Last edited:
Theory:

Dad, what about Hangar Bay 12?

Geordi has long since refurbished the Saucer section of the Enterprise D and worked on attaching it to a decommissioned Galaxy star drive to add his own ship
to his museum project. There was an empty ring on the outside of the starbase which perhaps was designated for that purpose.

Why Picard’s body was stolen.

We know from First Contact that Picard had a residual connection with the Collective (he could still hear them). Some form of Borg technology remains.

They stole Picard’s body to reactive Locutus and take control of an “integrated” fleet. Just feels like there’s some Borg angle involved here even though it was already used in Season 2.

The ships being integrated will be a major plot point for Frontier Day and a reason for breaking one or more of the legacy ships out of the museum.

Will we see the crew on the bridge of the Enteprise one last time to save the day? Seems rational given a James T. Kirk being held on ice.
View attachment 629909
I was actually thinking the same thing. It's either
Spoiler Spoiler:

Seeing the D somehow again in the show would be insane. A great way to say goodbye, with the crew back on the bridge one last time.

The nostalgia overload would be overwhelming!!!

I know already I'll be in bits watching the last episode.

Back