Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing the D somehow again in the show would be insane. A great way to say goodbye, with the crew back on the bridge one last time.

The nostalgia overload would be overwhelming!!!

I know already I'll be in bits watching the last episode.

I was thinking about this last night.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was thinking about this last night.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I think something like that will definitely happen. Terry Matalas has been nailing every aspect of the season so far.

There’s been more than a few references to the D this season and the whole hanger bay 12 thing just seems like a leeway for a major payoff for viewers - I hope we’re right.

Next weeks episode is called Dominion. I don’t watch Wil Wheaton’s Ready Room but apparently they are not revealing the guest appearance in advance of the episode as that in itself would be considered a spoiler.

Possible Jeffrey Combs cameo incoming.

Yeah there's been a lot of D references....any for the E that I'm not remembering?

As far as possible Dominion-related guest-stars - I was going to suggest the Female Changeling - although googling her that actress Salome Jens - is now in her late 80s....and I can't remember did the Female Changeling die? And what of Weyoun - did 'all' of him die? Been a while since I watched DS9.

Yeah there's been a lot of D references....any for the E that I'm not remembering?

As far as possible Dominion-related guest-stars - I was going to suggest the Female Changeling - although googling her that actress Salome Jens - is now in her late 80s....and I can't remember did the Female Changeling die? And what of Weyoun - did 'all' of him die? Been a while since I watched DS9.
Unfortunately no references to the E that I recall.

She didn’t die, she agreed to remain in the Alpha Quadrant to stand trial for the war while Odo returned to the great link with the cure to the Section 31 virus. I think that’s the last we hear of her fate.

In the last episode when Garak kills Weyoun, the female Founder did say that he was the last Weyoun clone. Even if that was the case, this season has been breaking with the established “rules” of DS9 (e.g. blood screenings no longer working, no changeling harms another, etc) that I wouldn’t be surprised if they navigate around that.

There’s been hints that Avery Brooks might appear and he’s been talking about being open to come back as Sisko.

I think Bashir is a possibility too with the stuff going in with Starfleet Intelligence.

With the name drop of Janeway she might be a possibility. But she has nothing to do with the Dominion.

There is really a bunch of possibilities.

Sisko would be way outside left field given the reclusive nature of Avery Brooks, that would be a jaw dropping moment if he made a surprise cameo.

The ships being integrated will be a major plot point for Frontier Day and a reason for breaking one or more of the legacy ships out of the museum.

[/ISPOILER]
Hmm... that would mean they were kinda doing a "Galactia".... with the non-networking.

Imagine if every ship at that fleet museum plus the theorized Enterprise D restoration plus the Enterprise E (if it still exists) were all put back into service to fight against the Shrike and any compromised Starfleet ships...which might include the Enterprise F!

I guess the Changelings are the real villains. Part of me thinks it’s still a red herring for bigger villain, but with Shrike being a Changeling too, it’s looking like it might not be.[/SPOILER]

I think you’re right about the red herring, in the teaser for episode 7, the talking head entity says to Vadic “we must have the boy or you and your kind will find your own existence meaningless”.

She looks pretty terrified after the exchange.

I must say I've been pleasantly surprised by this show.

Oddly enough I like Picard himself -and the way his character seems to be deified- less and less, but I enjoy the show itself.

I think you’re right about the red herring, in the teaser for episode 7, the talking head entity says to Vadic “we must have the boy or you and your kind will find your own existence meaningless”.

She looks pretty terrified after the exchange.

There is a lot of speculation that it might be Armus. Not sure I buy into that, but it would be a nice callback.

I would like to see Reg Barclay, O'Brien and Denise Crosby back in some capacity before it's over.

One thing is for sure though - Picard season 3 has been added to my examples of great seasons of shows like 24 season 3, Heroes season 1, True Detective season 1, Mr Robot season 4 and Lost season 1.

Last edited:
There is a lot of speculation that it might be Armus. Not sure I buy into that, but it would be a nice callback.
I’ve seen Nagilum floated around as well but I don’t think it’s either.

Another teaser, lots of phaser action heading our way for Thursday.

02.jpg

An excellent look at all the ships in the Starfleet Museum with lore details, production info, and many more pictures on Dave Blass's Twitter.

So this weeks started off with a BANG. Another surprise visit from a known character. But then the the rest of the episode didn’t live up to the beginning.

Not saying todays was bad. It was still good. Moved the plot along revealed some things but it wasn’t an improvement over the previous weeks like the other episodes were doing for the last several weeks.

Some good emotional beats this week and emotional closure for some characters.

If the other episodes were all 9s and 10s. Todays was more like a 8. Although that opening was a 10 for sure.

Good episode. I don't like Vadic though. Too showy, too grandstanding.

LeVar did some great work, and that character's cameo would have been more of a surprise had the official Trek Facebook page not ruined it this morning.

Back