Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’ll be interesting to see the connection between Lore and this separatist changeling faction and how they even work Moriarty into this and why.

I’ll be really surprised if we don’t see Denise Crosby reprising her role as Sela.

It's kind of ironic when you think about it now because ENT even cemented the TOS era aesthetic with "In a Mirror, Darkly" which was pretty brilliant.

I think Enterprise is alright; better now compared to how other shows went. I agree that some things did feel anachronistic, though I think they also tried somewhat though rather inconsistently.

Ah, I didn't see that episode - I wrote Enterprise off quite early.

As much as I like SNW, the liberties it continues to take with the TOS aesthetic that DIS completely upended are still difficult to reconcile. And I'm saying that as someone who didn't grow up with TOS and doesn't have a nostalgic attachment for it. Still feels wrong to not even try to better incorporate the look and feel of TOS into shows set in the same era.

DIS just feels like it belongs more in the Kelvin timeline than Prime.

I liked SNW aswell but I prefer to view it as alternate canon due to its connection to Star Trek Discovery and the retcons and changes that have been made and will no doubt continue to be made in that continuity - not alternate timeline, not reboot but a full remake. And due to the recastings. As good as the new actors may be, Leonard Nimoy is Spock and William Shatner is Kirk. On that most basic level I find it hard to reconcile completely different adult faces and being asked to believe they're the same individual, that one will become the other. I know Star Wars famously did it with Obi-Wan Kenobi but hey, I've never liked the PT so I'm being consistent.

Treksperts had Matalas and Frakes on couple weeks ago. They accidently spoiled a cameo…not Janeway but one of the two above that someone mentioned.

Don’t tell me but I’m betting it’s…

1678922363127.gif

I sound like a broken record but Andor started off strong and maintained that all the way through to the finale, that's 12 episodes of amazing quality across the board.

With Picard this week, I shouted 'oh my God!' out loud at one point. It's that great.

I sound like a broken record but Andor started off strong and maintained that all the way through to the finale, that's 12 episodes of amazing quality across the board.

With Picard this week, I shouted 'oh my God!' out loud at one point. It's that great.
Forgot about Andor. It felt a little slow at first but built to a great ending. Picard hasn’t had a slow moment yet I felt.

Ah, I didn't see that episode - I wrote Enterprise off quite early.

I liked SNW aswell but I prefer to view it as alternate canon due to its connection to Star Trek Discovery and the retcons and changes that have been made and will no doubt continue to be made in that continuity - not alternate timeline, not reboot but a full remake. And due to the recastings. As good as the new actors may be, Leonard Nimoy is Spock and William Shatner is Kirk. On that most basic level I find it hard to reconcile completely different adult faces and being asked to believe they're the same individual, that one will become the other. I know Star Wars famously did it with Obi-Wan Kenobi but hey, I've never liked the PT so I'm being consistent.
Wow! Godfather 2 is one of the greatest American films of all time…DeNiro AND Brando both give phenomenal performances and carry both movies as Vito Corleone…you are missing out.

Another great one. I just finished watching it so I have to gather my thoughts. But I am really happy that the story is starting to come together.

Spoiler Spoiler:

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!

That's 5 gorgeous bits of Trek one after the other. Jack going all "Veca" has me really curious.

Between this and (almost) all of STW S01, I'm back on board hoping that the disastrous last few years of this franchise can be forgotten.

PS: I like the exchanges on this thread - but PLEASE can everyone use the forums "spoiler" facility . . . I could have done without the "Lore" mention - regardless of it ultimately being true or not.

. I could have done without the "Lore" mention - regardless of it ultimately being true or not.

Fair enough, but with him being in the shows trailer months ago and it being confirmed all
Over media, I think most of us assumed everyone knew.

Finally had time today to watch.

Guess we got the answer in the cameo.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back