Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard!

tenor.gif

He looks 78 years young, Green

At least we won't get a young cast. Like everyone is a model-like fresh, without real experience.

Yeah a young Picard would be a fail.............the dude playing Pike does look a lot like Jeffrey Hunter though on the upcoming season 2 of Discovery

Ladies and Gentlemen: I will not lie. I got pretty emotional with that awesome news. While I enjoy Discovery and look forward to more, I'd be lying if I did not say that this was the best thing I've heard all year. I know some are already being negative, but I do not care. I am pumped.

I've always felt that the final movie, Nemesis, was not very good and a poor send-off for our TNG crew, so the idea of at least Picard (& Co prob) coming back is awesome. I loved how heartfelt Patrick Stewart was with his announcement and story of how he first landed the role 31 years ago now.

He looks 78 years young, Green

Honestly that's sad to hear. Star Trek is the one show I am willing to fork $8 bucks a month for. But respect your opinion.

​I simply can't afford all these pay for view shows these days. I already have cable and Amazon prime.

When it comes to any potential appearance by Data, or B4, everyone seems to forget that they did an episode with Data's 'mother' (Inheritance) where, in an (admittedly throwaway and easily missed) line from Geordi it's stated that that Data has a system in which his body can 'mimic human ageing'. I'll bet even Brent can't remember they'd established that!

I found this on Wikipedia regarding Data

Spiner reprised his role of Data in the Star Trek: Enterprise series finale "These Are the Voyages..." in an off-screen speaking part. Spiner felt that he had visibly aged out of the role and that Data was best presented as a youthful figure

Man speaks the truth.

Until a truck of cash pulls up outside his house.

Or he sells enough Data dolls.

Yeah, that was comedy gold, for sure......

And I get those not wanting to pay for yet another service. Wait till Disney and Walmart try their collective hands. And for those with UK netflix accounts (or VPNs), Discovery is on Netflix outside the U.S.

The series is suppose to be based on Jean-Luc Picard, the next part of his life after Enterprise. I'm sure he's an Admiral by now.... Given his age it could also be that he might just have small parts in each episode with a younger crew being the main focus.... Could also be he's a teacher and this series will be based around Starfleet Academy.... All guesses though... It will be interesting to see what the series is about.

Will probably get some guest appearances from various TNG cast mates but I doubt any of them will be regulars..

One thing's for sure it won't be the action man Picard from the TNG movies.

I agree- they HAVE to be back once you revive Picard's story...maybe one or two will be regulars.

I'm interested to see how they plan to pull this off. Especially if they bring an aging overweight Data back :lol

It's the gripping story of Picard returning to his family vineyard and how he copes with the 24th century climate change affecting his grapes.

With only the Federation following the imposed "warp speed limit" introduced in the TNG series, Picard embarks on a journey to gather the still surviving old crew, "borrow" the mothballed Enterprise "E" and show the warp speed limit deniers that their ignorance/greed is destroying the galaxy (and his current Cabernet crop)...

Special appearance by Guinan, who orders the Klingon and Romulan representatives out of Ten Forward and then proceeds to spit on them.

It's the gripping story of Picard returning to his family vineyard and how he copes with the 24th century climate change affecting his grapes.

With only the Federation following the imposed "warp speed limit" introduced in the TNG series, Picard embarks on a journey to gather the still surviving old crew, "borrow" the mothballed Enterprise "E" and show the warp speed limit deniers that their ignorance/greed is destroying the galaxy (and his current Cabernet crop)...

Special appearance by Guinan, who orders the Klingon and Romulan representatives out of Ten Forward and then proceeds to spit on them.

:clap:rotfl

I was just being facetious but I do look forward to seeing this new series. Hoping that it carries more of a TNG feel than a Discovery feel, for sure.

Back