Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry Matalas is an extremely talented writer and director. He has an encyclopaedic knowledge of Trek and made sure season 3 was steered in the direction it ended up. I highly recommend any interview with him especially since the season ended to see him discuss it in detail. I've linked some below.

In the second interview, he has boxes of vintage trading cards from movies like Raiders and Batman behind him as well as Kenner carded POTF figures.

Haven't watched the 1st vid yet, but that 2nd one is a scorcher! - great editing, great quesions & answers.

Thanks for sharing :duff

I’ve only seen a handful of the Shuttlepod Podcasts but they do a good job - the one with Rick Berman is pretty insightful especially listening to his take on why Enterprise ended the way it did. They got a bum deal.

Berman did an outstanding job at carrying on Roddenberry's legacy, I’m glad they got him on the show.

They need to get Scott Bakula on.

Finally got around to watching and finishing Season 3. Simply outstanding. What a great, last hurrah for TNG crew. Felt like I just watch the last "movie" featuring this cast and it ended so well and perfect. If only TOS received such a sendoff.

Finally got around to watching and finishing Season 3. Simply outstanding. What a great, last hurrah for TNG crew. Felt like I just watch the last "movie" featuring this cast and it ended so well and perfect. If only TOS received such a sendoff.
Didn't it? The Undiscovered Country is one of the best movies.

I thought it was a great send off as well, glad you enjoyed it!

Season 3 was fantastic, and the MCU Secret Invasion can only dream of making an infiltration story like Picard S3. If only Star Wars could have given us a farewell like this, but instead we got the hot garbage of the ST.
If you're interested, you can watch S3 without having seen the first two seasons.

Although S3 dragged a bit in parts and some of it seemed like filler episodes there was something quite touching to this season overall. I did not watch season 1 or 2 because it didn't appeal to me. But seeing the next Generation cast get an emotional final mission together was very nice. Picard's old robot body still bugs me (even though there is precedence for consciousness transfer into a mechanical body in TOS "Return to Tomorrow") at least everyone was together again, even a version of Data was there that made sense, with a rather touching farewell to Lore.

Seeing the TNG crew older and a bit battered by life was very relatable. As I age myself (I was young when TNG premiered) I understand how time and life changes you. Even if Roddenberry's utopian vision probably doesn't fit in what this season showed, it does make sense that Starfleet and the Universe was a bit darker than TOS and TNG days. Our modern world certainly is compared to the 1980s. If you were young when TNG first aired I think this season kind of hits home in many ways. Not sure what young people today thought of this season though.

What really irks me is that my profile picture is Tom Baker in his last season as Doctor who...and I am now older than he was in that photo! Time flies, so enjoy the days and friends and family you have now. It is all so fleeting.

Last edited:
Well… seems like a Picard movie is possibly in the works.

After two lacklustre seasons, the third season managed to salvage the series and deliver a satisfying ending.

I’m not convinced we need a continuation centred around Picard as it could ultimately just sour on what Season 3 managed to accomplish.

There’s no details on the script, but unless it’s a resounding masterpiece, the TNG characters went out on a high note so it may be best to just leave it at that.

https://trekmovie.com/2024/01/05/pa...pt-featuring-jean-luc-picard-is-in-the-works/
https://www.space.com/star-trek-new-picard-movie-patrick-stewart

Yeah this seems like a bad idea. And honestly as much as I adore TNG... I don't really have a desire to see more of these characters anyway after S3. That season did pretty much everything I'd want to see done with them.

Come on studios, all we want to see is a freakin ST Legacy series! Stop wasting our time with Kelvin-verse prequels, Starfleet Academy series, and new TNG movies with 70 year old actors.

Come on studios, all we want to see is a freakin ST Legacy series! Stop wasting our time with Kelvin-verse prequels, Starfleet Academy series, and new TNG movies with 70 year old actors.
It makes you wonder how decisions are made at Paramount and these other studios in general who haven’t had the best success recently in their latest releases.

Following Picard S3 there was a vocal movement for a Legacy series, even a petition, but instead they’re investing in a suspected Discovery-era Academy series. I could be wrong, but I haven’t seen that same enthusiasm for these proposed productions.

Shatner also seems to think that Paramount is erasing his iteration of Kirk. While I think his time has passed in playing the character, he’s not wrong in that their recent promotional material seems to take issue with Kirk (or him). He deserves more respect.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/willi...sing-captain-kirk-blames-threatened-character

Apparently this is Stewert pushing another vanity project for himself.
I wouldn’t doubt it. He basically went from being adverse to having anything to do Star Trek again (post-Nemesis) having initially turned down the idea of any sort of return to now wanting to be actively playing Picard in his 80s.

Back