Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if these get made, it'll probably just discourage Nanjin from doing his own, like with the QMX figures.

if these get made, it'll probably just discourage Nanjin from doing his own, like with the QMX figures.
Only, I think, if people actually buy them. Here's trying hard to cut them off from retailers, and I say good on that.
I'm not averse to getting an unlicensed figure. It's never my first choice, but i do have a Jason Statham figure, and i just ordered that fantastic Mr. Mike from Mars Toys (and will soon be ordering their Gus Fring too), but that's because no one else is making them. It's different when you're filming a hole no one else is working on.
I'm really not cool with someone just trying to beat a smaller company like Exo6 to market. That's really not cool.

The Present Toys figures don’t look good at all. The company sometimes makes good knockoff releases, but these are pretty bad.

Nanjin Tam

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 9 hrs ·

They are like weeds. They spread. Bad quality or bad experience will damage the name "Star Trek." I have to react right from the start.
1/6 Trek is a fragile license that already filled with failing traps and many disadvantages that don't exist in other franchise.
If they affect EXO-6 sales, then they are taking the nutrition away from EXO-6. If Trek collectors side with them, you are throwing rocks at us while we are already walking on edge.

It just whets the appetite for Exo 6 strange new worlds offerings . I wouldn’t touch these with a ten foot pole

Nanjin's bringing out his baseball bat, and the word on the street (i.e. Kit) is that Present might not be going any further with these.

giphy.gif

Nanjin Tam

Favourites · 10 mins ·

War progress. Have asked 17000 followers to help me root them out. I have reached 16k already. Also i have contacted Alibaba to monitor Taobao to shut down anyone who put bootleg 1/6 Star Trek up for sale. I shut down 4 stores in one week permanently in 2018 for bootlegging QMx Spiderman with the help of Alibaba.

Now, all I need is a money and product exchange transaction, then someone will go shut down the Factories.

I already warn those I know in the production sector, either they hide it from me and dont let me know, otherwise, I will screw them too if they produce bootleg 1/6 Trek. No **** no bull and no mercy. NO ONE gets away even if i know them for decades.
I don't stand at grey area.

I dare to mess with Alibaba and Tencent Picture. Will I hesitate to slap a mosquito?

Sell something, once there is a monetary transaction then they are totally ******, permanent.

Present Toys, if I don't see anything out there. I won't make a move. But I am ready to elimate your "entire" operations including the "good stuff," where you make the most money.

Mr Yang or Mr Young, Pick your pain. You have the next move.

As I suspected, Present probably haven't made anything yet, because the figures in the photos are apparently by this Korean custom figure maker:

285507619_10220986914332523_8062713413496933074_n.jpg

285512439_10220986915172544_5807780130625789592_n.jpg
285516350_10220986915652556_8615567052888124549_n.jpg

I think they did the same thing with their Indiana Jones, because certain parts turned out completely different for production.

This, by a member of One Sixth Republic, was a cruel trick to play on Nanjin...

Spoiler Spoiler:

giphy.gif

I don't think Nanjin realises it was a cruel 'joke', and thinks this is an actual sales photo (the OSR member turned off comments, which makes protesting against it harder):

Nanjin Tam

Favourites · 12 mins ·

Someone put this up. Now I need one info from friends, I need a transaction record. Be it deposit or full payment.

If you see these being sold somewhere, please inform me where and if possible I will arrange a purchase with you so I have evidence of a Monetary Transaction as evidence.

No sales, no victim, no case. I need a transaction.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man, this is turning into gorilla warfare.

That soccer gif is hilarious.

Back