Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax (update: completed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star Puffs

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully the first of many Star Trek Deep Space Nine figures:

Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax

Sculpt commissioned from Joy Snyder (Snyderman).
Paint and outfit by Star Puffs.
Tricorder is Dragon's repainted to the DS9-era darker metallic grey, the boots are HT Angelica.
Comm badge by Tom Snyder.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The flash highlights the sewing a bit better:

picture.php

picture.php

There are a few things I would tweak if I were to sew it again.

Painting the head:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is not the final head that will be sold. Some neck and ponytail adjustments are still needed (I made some crude ad hoc adjustments on the ponytail to get it to fit on the body in its uniform). I tried to use a neckless sculpt and with her Trill spots, it just looked bad because of painting on two different surfaces.

Also the next one I paint I will do a better job of making the spots on her neck larger.

My body is HEAVILY moddified to reflect Terry Farrel's larger, taller frame (HT Alice with Angelica legs) and her bizarrely long upper arms:

picture.php

Last edited:
Re: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Jadzia Dax

Looks good and very nice paint work. You did a great job of getting the right look of the body pattern.

Re: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax

Nice sculpt and paint apps, too. The best Star Trek show. Did you commission those sculpts? Would love to see a 1/6 scale Quark and Garak.

Nice sculpt and paint apps, too. The best Star Trek show. Did you commission those sculpts? Would love to see a 1/6 scale Quark and Garak.

Thank you both.

Yes, I commissioned it, but it will be freely available. I hope to offer the outfit of course, but no promises yet.

Garak was my second favourite character after Jadzia, so I will eventually get to him. Dr. Crusher is next in line, however, after a non-Trek head (secret).

My body is HEAVILY moddified to reflect Terry Farrel's larger, taller frame (HT Alice with Angelica legs) and her bizarrely long upper arms

Really? That's not something I ever noticed, strange.

Good job on the paint. On the sculpt (which was out of your control), I wonder is her nose a bit too big perhaps? Could the bridge (no Star Trek pun intended) have been thinned a bit?

Really? That's not something I ever noticed, strange.

Good job on the paint. On the sculpt (which was out of your control), I wonder is her nose a bit too big perhaps? Could the bridge (no Star Trek pun intended) have been thinned a bit?

Well I measured her body in different photos, including the one of her in a swimsuit on Risa and kept coming up with a surprisingly long, but consistent ratio of upper to lower arm. Women tend to have longer upper arms than men relative to overall size anyway (about 2cm greater on average).

Now that you mention it the bridge is a bit wide. Since the pony tail needs to be tweaked, I will ask Joy to look at that as well.

Yeah I just thought the nose looked a bit on the bulbous side, not that I'd call myself an expert on her likeness.

Great attention to detail in trying to get the body right. Too often its a case of 'anything will do' when it comes to body sizes and shapes for figures. I know from official manufacturers its cost-saving and so on.

Thank you for the compliments. If anyone is interested, just be patient and I should eventually offer it once I get the Marion Ravenwood project wrapped up.

This looks awesome! Plus, it's just awesome that older Star Trek stuff is getting some love. I'm a huge fan of TNG and DS9, glad to see people are still into it too.

I really wish there were more people into it, it'd be nice to be able to make the whole crew from both shows.

Dax turned out great! congrats!

Back