Statue Star Ace / X-Plus: The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad - Cyclops (Harryhausen)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another youtube video:

here's a couple more pics that popped up

202918718_4745048095509947_533917812749546839_n.jpg

196515119_126726362934384_5992119673612475674_n.jpg

both videos and both pics aren't natural lighting but i'm not too thrilled what im seeing, compared to what was solicited:
X-Plys-Harryhausen-Cyclops-Statue-006.jpg

Seems like no one is interested in talking about this piece no biggie. Ill talk to myself.

another video is out. It looks OK, looks kinda cheap IMO.

For a piece that is close to $300 after shipping and taxes as much as I love the character I’m having a tough time seeing the value here.

I just recieved mine and I love it, I think he looks awesome. Looking forward to getting the Kraken, Talos and the Rhedosaurus. Hoping the Medusa isn’t far off, but I saw they just announced Gwangi, so they must be saving her as they probably know that will be their biggest selling piece.

I just recieved mine and I love it, I think he looks awesome. Looking forward to getting the Kraken, Talos and the Rhedosaurus. Hoping the Medusa isn’t far off, but I saw they just announced Gwangi, so they must be saving her as they probably know that will be their biggest selling piece.

do you have any pics to share?

It's way overpriced but so is everything in this hobby. That video you posted at the top of the page is a good representation of it. Did you order it? Why not just wait until you get it to decide if you like it or not? Pics on these forums are so friggin' misleading; there's distortion, color issues, etc. It's the best Cyclops on the market but yeah, everything's overpriced. This should have been around $240.00 but it's not going back. I really like it.

It's way overpriced but so is everything in this hobby. That video you posted at the top of the page is a good representation of it. Did you order it? Why not just wait until you get it to decide if you like it or not? Pics on these forums are so friggin' misleading; there's distortion, color issues, etc. It's the best Cyclops on the market but yeah, everything's overpriced. This should have been around $240.00 but it's not going back. I really like it.

I did. i ordered ALL of them aside from the Dinos. Then i cancelled ALL of them. the DX is available everywhere still, if it's great and im available to purchase at that time im gonna pick it up.

I do agree it's the best Cyclops, but so far for me the pics fell a little flat. we'll see. im not saying i won't get it, but if i do and i'll share pics and share my honest opinion.

I did. i ordered ALL of them aside from the Dinos. Then i cancelled ALL of them. the DX is available everywhere still, if it's great and im available to purchase at that time im gonna pick it up.

I do agree it's the best Cyclops, but so far for me the pics fell a little flat. we'll see. im not saying i won't get it, but if i do and i'll share pics and share my honest opinion.

I'd post a pic but my lighting is horrible so I only took one for insurance purposes and back into it's box it went.

Received mine yesterday. Nice paint apps and I really like the way they replicated the mold lines on the arms that were present on Harryhausens actual stop motion puppet and visible in several shots. I think he looks better with his mouth closed rather than opened especially from a side view. Just something about the upper lip that just a little off to me. I also like the way they painted the upper lip a darker color that represents what appeared to be slightly worn paint from Ray animating the mouth and moving its head. Over very pleased but was a little pricey I thought

So I managed to snag one of these after they finished out the production run. I find the figure to be quite nice, if (as others have said) a smidge pricey. In the case of Harryhausen though, their proceeds (IE the licensing and perhaps a percentage of units sold) go to charity from what I understand.

Back